Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index
alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
yahoo chat problems
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
Re: yahoo chat problems
PostPosted: 07/22/2008 8:26 AM Reply with quote
Citation
purplehugs2000
Citation
Posts 326
Word Cnt. 15,051
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Jul 14, 2008
Local time: 10:56 PM
Location: CT
usaCa.gif
Thank you rb. But I give credit where it is due~take a bow Dave
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by purplehugs2000 Send private message   Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map
Re: yahoo chat problems
PostPosted: 07/30/2008 7:48 AM Reply with quote
Citation
purplehugs2000
Citation
Posts 326
Word Cnt. 15,051
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Jul 14, 2008
Local time: 10:56 PM
Location: CT
usaCa.gif
Ok all you people that actually understand computers...HELP! SOS!

My pages are too big for the screen-everywhere, how do I fix that? Brick wall

I can't seem to download the latest version of yahoo messenger- it says the one on here is outdated and gives me a web address, but I down load the newer version- and it won't let me log in. dontknow

Also, before I install kodack easy share,(which I had before) it says it is for windowe os-I have windows xp will I mess up things or because it worked before will it work again and then I just have to down load updates?

Does any one live close enough, (Like in CT)that would like to come over and fix my mess? I 'm a good cook! (Bribery) and it's the only way you'll get to see what I look like ! banana
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by purplehugs2000 Send private message   Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map
Re: yahoo chat problems
PostPosted: 07/30/2008 8:23 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 9:56 PM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
Food bribery always works with me but you're a bit out of reach for me here in Texas.

Have you installed the drivers for your motherboard and video card? You should have CDs for those.

First things first, Purple.  Your pages are too big because your resolution isn't correct. Do you know what it should be?  Right click on any empty space on the desktop and choose Properties then the Settings tab.  Can you move the slider and will it stay?  The Color should be highest (32bit)

And you may not be able to correct that until you install the drivers for you graphic/video card.  Do you have one or is it onboard?  By that I mean is it integrated with your mobo?

OK, lets do this: Download and install Belarc, that will give you a lot of info about your PC and maybe with screen shots of the info we may be able to figure what you have.

Belarc Advisor





sunny
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: yahoo chat problems
PostPosted: 07/30/2008 9:06 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 9:56 PM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
Belarc will give you info something like below. Tells you what kind of motherboard you have, hard drives, display (that's your video card and monitor), printer, processor, memory and a bunch of other stuff.




Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: yahoo chat problems
PostPosted: 07/30/2008 5:28 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4814
Word Cnt. 427,902
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Feb 09, 2005
Local time: 11:56 AM
Location: Sterling IL
usaCa.gif
you should be able to go to dell website and they tell them which model you have and they should furnish you with all the updates and drivers you need.

OS means operating system, which is xp, vista, and other older ones.

You will have to go to control panel and configure some things like your Display settings, Power options, user accounts (get your user desktops set up right away so user's personal files won't disappear later).


Maybe they have a chat at dell website and you can talk to someone if you can't find the right drivers, but I doubt that is needed. Its just what I had to do when i replaced vista with xp, and hp was very good about helping me get the right drivers. I would be surprised if hp was better at customer service than dell..... ? I like hp, they have decent help and their products are low priced.
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
Re: yahoo chat problems
PostPosted: 07/30/2008 6:09 PM Reply with quote
Citation
purplehugs2000
Citation
Posts 326
Word Cnt. 15,051
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Jul 14, 2008
Local time: 10:56 PM
Location: CT
usaCa.gif
I did what any clueless adult would do, I had my daughters friend (14years old) who gets paid for designing websites come over and fix everything!And she all ready knew what I looked like and it only cost me a pepsi!I think everything is working, everything is updated and I  prayer  to her expertise!
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by purplehugs2000 Send private message   Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map
Re: yahoo chat problems
PostPosted: 07/30/2008 6:29 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 9:56 PM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: yahoo chat problems
PostPosted: 07/31/2008 8:07 AM Reply with quote
Citation
mojo
Citation
Posts 8935
Word Cnt. 174,404
BDay Nov 26
Sign Sagittarius
Joined: Feb 03, 2007
Local time: 9:56 PM
usaCa.gif
Dancing
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by mojo Send private message  
Re: yahoo chat problems
PostPosted: 08/02/2008 9:59 AM Reply with quote
Citation
purplehugs2000
Citation
Posts 326
Word Cnt. 15,051
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Jul 14, 2008
Local time: 10:56 PM
Location: CT
usaCa.gif
Okay- the reformatting is going slowly and causing me to pull my hair out.

Here is my question  I have a technical question- there are no microsoft programs installed on my computer, can't find a reinstall disc. Can I use the one that came with Mike's new computer?They are both Dell computers and both use windows XP. Mine is a Dell Dimension 2400, his is a Dell  Inspiron 1520.

Everyday i find more things missing  Brick wall

Still no sound, and I've reinstalled drivers gone through set up , talked with Dell on line help. The device manager says I have no audio equipment. help
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by purplehugs2000 Send private message   Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map
Re: yahoo chat problems
PostPosted: 08/02/2008 12:41 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 9:56 PM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
I'll ask the obvious first, are you sure you have the speakers plugged in the right place in the back of the PC?  If you haven't had been unplugged than that's a silly question but I had to ask.  LOL

You said you installed the sound drivers ... yet in device manager it says you have no audio equipment?  Below is a screen shot from Device Manger on my PC, do you have any of that listed under Sound?  Or do you see yellow ? or ! in that area?  If there are yellow marks than the drivers are not installed.



Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
 Post new topic  Reply to topic
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3


Add To Bookmarks

 
  
  


  Google

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Page generation time: 0.1095s (PHP: 46% - SQL: 54%) - SQL queries: 57 - GZIP disabled - Debug on