Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index
alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Secuni, check it out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
Re: Secuni, check it out!
PostPosted: 01/06/2007 10:31 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Dec 31, 2004
Local time: 6:28 AM
Location: Arkansas
usaCa.gif
RB asked:

Quote:
Will this puzzle load for you


Yes it will.


Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
Re: Secuni, check it out!
PostPosted: 01/06/2007 4:46 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 5:28 AM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
Bobby go to Internet Explorer Tools and open Java Console.  Do you  have Java installed?  I would assume that you do and it's turned on since that Jigsaw puzzle displays for you.  

I can't imagine what the problem would be.  The first time I ran Secuni it told me I didn't have Java installed but did I want to run it anyway and I said yes.   There was no problem, it completed just fine.  Now it shows that I do have Java installed.  Did you get a box telling you that you didn't have Java installed?








dontknow
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Secuni, check it out!
PostPosted: 01/06/2007 4:48 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 5:28 AM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
Copy and paste the URL for Secuni into Netscape and try running it from there.  If it says you don't have Java installed and do you want to run it anyway say yes.

http://secunia.com/software_inspector/



binky
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Secuni, check it out!
PostPosted: 01/06/2007 4:51 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 5:28 AM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
This may be what you will see when you press the Start Now button in Netscape.



Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Secuni, check it out!
PostPosted: 01/06/2007 5:56 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Dec 31, 2004
Local time: 6:28 AM
Location: Arkansas
usaCa.gif
RB said:
 
Quote:
Did you get a box telling you that you didn't have Java installed?


Yes.  I went to Netscape and it will not run there either.

Quote:
Bobby go to Internet Explorer Tools and open Java Console.  Do you  have Java installed?


I don't have Java Console in IE.  Evodently I don't have Java installed because I can't find it any where.

Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
Re: Secuni, check it out!
PostPosted: 01/06/2007 6:17 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 5:28 AM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
Go here to see if you have Java installed and what if any version.


http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp


sunny
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Secuni, check it out!
PostPosted: 01/06/2007 11:32 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Dec 31, 2004
Local time: 6:28 AM
Location: Arkansas
usaCa.gif
I evidently now have Java Runtime Version 1.5.0_10 installed on my PC because it will now run Secunia Software Inspector.  I am now attempting to update Apple Quicktime, Adobe Reader and other outdated software to the reccommended versions.  Did you do all of the reccommended updates on all of the reccomended programs?  If my system programs are that bad out of date why does it run so smoothly?
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
Re: Secuni, check it out!
PostPosted: 01/07/2007 12:39 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 5:28 AM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
Just cause some of your programs are out dated doesn't mean they won't run correctly.  Most updates are only to close some security hole.  However some updates are a vast improvement and have extra features, bells and whistles.

I have now updated just about everything they suggested.  Not WinZip because I would have to pay all over for a newer version.  The one I have is just fine.  Probably a few years behind but that's ok, it zipps and unzipps with the best of them

I didn't update Eudora because I don't use it except once in a blue moon if that often and it too has to be paid for after a certain version number.  Don't know if my version is still in the free update span or not.

What I DON'T understand is how you were able to view page with Java if you didn't even have Java installed!


 dontknow
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Secuni, check it out!
PostPosted: 01/07/2007 12:45 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 5:28 AM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
BTW when you installed the updated QuickTime I hope you unchecked the box that said for it to check for updates automatically!  That's what drove fishead nuts, it kept putting itself in start up every time he rebooted or booted up the PC.  There is no need for QuickTime to start up when Windows loads.  

If you didn't uncheck the box you can still fix that in preferences.  You DON'T want it to check for updates automatically.

sunny
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Secuni, check it out!
PostPosted: 01/07/2007 5:52 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30757
Word Cnt. 2,628,690
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 7:28 AM
Location: St Pete, FL
peace.gif
rb2d2 wrote:
However some updates are a vast improvement and have extra features, bells and whistles.

This past year, many of the Updates for programs I use were anything but improvements.  I've been very disappointed in software developers this past year...

Brick wall
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
 Post new topic  Reply to topic
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3


Add To Bookmarks

 
  
  


  Google

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Page generation time: 0.07s (PHP: 70% - SQL: 30%) - SQL queries: 57 - GZIP disabled - Debug on