 | The 5 most annoying programs on your PC |  |
Posted: 01/01/2008 6:46 PM |
|
|
|
|
|
| Site Admin |
| Posts |
49593 |
| Word Cnt. |
2,756,445 |
| BDay |
Apr 22 |
| Sign |
Taurus |
| Sex |
 |
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 7:00 PM
Location: Texas
|

|
|
|
|
 |
The 5 most annoying programs on your PC
Elephantware. That is what we are talking about. Bloated programs that make brand new PCs boot like Pentium 2s with 64 MBs of RAM.
This is the worst of the worst.
1. Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is like a stocky frat guy you never want to invite to your Halloween parties, because he'll show up wearing a giant gift-wrapped box with a "To: Women, From: God" label on top. He thinks he is all that, but he really just wore a costume so big he can't get through the front door and has to stay outside by the fire all night (true story!). LOL
Read about all five at the site.
 |
|
|
 |
 |
| Back to Top |
|
|
 | Re: The 5 most annoying programs on your PC |  |
Posted: 01/01/2008 7:25 PM |
|
|
|
|
|
| Site Admin |
| Posts |
49593 |
| Word Cnt. |
2,756,445 |
| BDay |
Apr 22 |
| Sign |
Taurus |
| Sex |
 |
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 7:00 PM
Location: Texas
|

|
|
|
|
 |
Yahoooooooooooooo!!
OK, so far I've gotten rid of Adobe PDF Reader, geez it's over 100MB. I installed the free version of FoxIt Reader and it works like a dream. Also converts docs to PDF.
Don't know about your PC and OS but when I uninstalled Adobe and rebooted the Adobe Reader folder and subfolders were still in Explorer > C: > Program Files and I deleted them. Had to try twice to get it done. Kind of sneaky if you ask me that they would remain there even after uninstalling.
Anyway so far I love FoxIt Reader!!
I installed the second one down: Foxit Reader 2.2 (.exe)
 |
|
|
 |
 |
| Back to Top |
|
|
 | Re: The 5 most annoying programs on your PC |  |
Posted: 01/01/2008 8:15 PM |
|
|
|
|
|
| Site Admin |
| Posts |
49593 |
| Word Cnt. |
2,756,445 |
| BDay |
Apr 22 |
| Sign |
Taurus |
| Sex |
 |
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 7:00 PM
Location: Texas
|

|
|
|
|
 |
I don't have iTunes installed and I uninstalled Real Player a long time ago.
I just now installed Real Alernative and it works super good! On the Net and music files on my HDD. Excellent matter of fact. And it's not a hog wanting to take over and access the internet every two minutes for updates and whatever.
Real Alternative
I installed the first one, the complete version, 5.7 MB. Further down is a lite version.
 |
|
|
 |
 |
| Back to Top |
|
|
 | Information |  |
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index
-> Talk PC
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
|
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Add To Bookmarks
|
|
|
|
|