Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index
alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
[Solved] Nightrider?RB - An IX Question :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
[Solved] Nightrider?RB - An IX Question :)
PostPosted: 05/28/2007 4:25 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Karen
Citation
Posts 1253
Word Cnt. 68,166
BDay Nov 9
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Jan 06, 2006
Local time: 3:14 AM
greatbrE.gif
I've looked but can't see anything - is it possible to do a automatic scheduel for backing up your site with IX? I had it with my last host and it was very useful  Applause
If not (silly question coming up) how do I do it with IX?
sunny
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by Karen Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Nightrider?RB - An IX Question :)
PostPosted: 05/28/2007 5:10 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 9:14 PM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
They do backups but I think it's only on their schedule.  Other than that you do your own back up.  I try to do at least one a day.  The data base takes about 5 or 6 minutes.  The files on the FTP server take a bit longer, less then an hour I think.  Been a long time since I've check the time it takes.  I don't back up those files now but maybe once a month or so, our board dosn't change anymore since Blake moded it to the hilt!   LOL

Like I said the database only takes about 5 minutes.  But I only have one to backup.  


sunny
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Nightrider?RB - An IX Question :)
PostPosted: 05/28/2007 5:12 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Karen
Citation
Posts 1253
Word Cnt. 68,166
BDay Nov 9
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Jan 06, 2006
Local time: 3:14 AM
greatbrE.gif
rb2d2 wrote:
They do backups but I think it's only on their schedule.  Other than that you do your own back up.  I try to do at least one a day.  The data base takes about 5 or 6 minutes.  The files on the FTP server take a bit longer, less then an hour I think.  Been a long time since I've check the time it takes.  I don't back up those files now but maybe once a month or so, our board dosn't change anymore since Blake moded it to the hilt!   LOL

Like I said the database only takes about 5 minutes.  But I only have one to backup.  


sunny


Thanks! How do you do it? Do you export the database or is there another way I'm missing?
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by Karen Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Nightrider?RB - An IX Question :)
PostPosted: 05/28/2007 5:17 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 9:14 PM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
Yes, export and I tic "gzipped"  and check Save as File






Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Nightrider?RB - An IX Question :)
PostPosted: 05/28/2007 5:24 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Karen
Citation
Posts 1253
Word Cnt. 68,166
BDay Nov 9
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Jan 06, 2006
Local time: 3:14 AM
greatbrE.gif
NIce and easy then, thanks RB  headbang
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by Karen Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Nightrider?RB - An IX Question :)
PostPosted: 05/28/2007 5:40 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 9:14 PM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
Yes it is easy, especially with only one database.  We have more but this is the only one I back up.  


blob8
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
 Post new topic  Reply to topic
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1


Add To Bookmarks

 
  
  


  Google

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Page generation time: 0.0663s (PHP: 62% - SQL: 38%) - SQL queries: 45 - GZIP disabled - Debug on