Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index
alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
pruning inactive members
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Re: pruning inactive members
PostPosted: 05/21/2007 5:35 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Mar 20, 2006
Local time: 8:41 AM
usaCa.gif
Sure glad I was guessing wrong!  I thought it meant that there WERE duplicates not that it could not duplicate.
All is well now case closed.

I installed (with a find fix yeah me!) the purne users Cowboy posted.
But I have a question(s)....Hope can say it right.

Concerning..
(5)
Prune long-time-since users
Who have not visited for 60 days, excluding new users from the past 120 days
Caribou   Eiko   maryann   Nancy from MD   Nightrider

if the person has signed up within the last 120 days they will NOT BE ON THE LIST?

So if there are 15 people on this list and I want to prune 8 and keep 7 then instead of using the mod to prune I would need to write down the 8  names then go the old fashioned way pull up each one and delete the account?
---------------------

Never logged in and never been activated I can go for clean out the database they are just taking up space.
But does this mean there will be people/bots sitting in the database for 240 days before I see them show up on the list?
I really don't want dozens of robots sitting on my database, I would rather take them out very quickly.

Is there or will there be a way for me to know if a bot has just signed up? or does the registered users get artifically inflated (if they activated)?

Is there or will there be a way to mark someone (such as Nightrider or my own personas) to never be included on the prune list?

OK I'll stop there for now. But the mod seems to be working fine on the test board.


---------------------
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: pruning inactive members
PostPosted: 05/21/2007 5:59 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Mar 20, 2006
Local time: 8:41 AM
usaCa.gif
Oh would the  "email admin on new registrations mod"  solve the problem of know when a bot signs up letting me delete them?

Even if it don't I am installing the mod just so I can have a way of knowing when someone new signs up.

The mod does tell you WHO just signed up doesn't it?
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: pruning inactive members
PostPosted: 05/21/2007 9:34 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 7:41 AM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
Quote:
The mod does tell you WHO just signed up doesn't it?
 
Yes it does and I can't imagine not having it. Soon as I read the notification about a new registration I check it out.  There is a link directly to their profile included in the email.

With all the odd names I can't always tell who's legit and who isn't but usually a quick Google on their user name will pretty well tell me.  The obvious spammers are usually revealed pretty quick.  If there is any doubt I leave them.  Very seldom do we have anyone spam the board, I think I could count the ones on one hand since the board was established three years ago.  
 
sunny
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: pruning inactive members
PostPosted: 05/21/2007 10:48 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30757
Word Cnt. 2,628,690
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 9:41 AM
Location: St Pete, FL
peace.gif
KeeKee wrote:
Oh would the  "email admin on new registrations mod"  solve the problem of know when a bot signs up letting me delete them?

With that MOD and with the installation of the Birthday, Delete User, and the Quick Administrator User Options and Information MODs, we were able to quickly determine the most obvious spam registrations and delete them within minutes after they registered.  Many of the spam registrations use the same birthdate, so that was an obvious clue whether they were legit or not...

  1. Delete User
  2. Quick Administrator User Options and Information

headbang
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: pruning inactive members
PostPosted: 05/22/2007 3:39 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Mar 20, 2006
Local time: 8:41 AM
usaCa.gif
Ok I have those downloaded starting on them today.
Already have a question but will start another thread on it.
Back to Top
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: pruning inactive members
PostPosted: 05/22/2007 4:25 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30757
Word Cnt. 2,628,690
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 9:41 AM
Location: St Pete, FL
peace.gif
Ok, good luck KeeKee...

headbang
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
 Post new topic  Reply to topic
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3


Add To Bookmarks

 
  
  


  Google

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Page generation time: 0.0778s (PHP: 61% - SQL: 39%) - SQL queries: 45 - GZIP disabled - Debug on