 | How do I remove an icon from my Systemtray? |  |
Posted: 05/16/2007 8:07 AM |
|
|
|
|
|
| Citation |
| Posts |
5352 |
| Word Cnt. |
902,182 |
| BDay |
Jun 19 |
| Sign |
Gemini |
| Sex |
 |
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 31, 2004
Local time: 11:06 PM
Location: Arkansas
|

|
|
|
|
 |
| Each time that I reboot my PC the icon for my HP Deskjet 6500 series printer appears in my Systemtray. To remove it I have to click "Exit' each time. Where do I go to stop it from loading at startup? I have Windows XP Home. |
|
|
 |
 |
| Back to Top |
|
|
 | Re: How do I remove an icon from my Systemtray? |  |
Posted: 05/16/2007 11:24 AM |
|
|
|
|
|
| Citation |
| Posts |
10748 |
| Word Cnt. |
424,312 |
| BDay |
Jan 15 |
| Sign |
Capricorn |
| Sex |
 |
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Local time: 11:06 PM
|

|
|
|
|
 |
Bobby you can go to programs /start and right click the program there and delete
or you can open the program properties and uncheck it there where it says open at start or someting similar |
|
|
 |
 |
| Back to Top |
|
|
 | Re: How do I remove an icon from my Systemtray? |  |
Posted: 05/16/2007 6:50 PM |
|
|
|
|
|
| Citation |
| Posts |
5352 |
| Word Cnt. |
902,182 |
| BDay |
Jun 19 |
| Sign |
Gemini |
| Sex |
 |
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 31, 2004
Local time: 11:06 PM
Location: Arkansas
|

|
|
|
|
 |
Katy. There is no HP Deskjet 6500 series listed in the programs menu. I don't understand why. So I went to the properties window by clicking on the icon in the systemtray but there is no place to specify when to have it open. It's also not in the Startup folder. All there is in the startup folder is the enclosed file. (Screenshot)
When I open this I get:
I don't know what this is. |
|
|
 |
 |
| Back to Top |
|
|
 | Re: How do I remove an icon from my Systemtray? |  |
Posted: 05/16/2007 7:20 PM |
|
|
|
|
|
| Site Admin |
| Posts |
49593 |
| Word Cnt. |
2,756,445 |
| BDay |
Apr 22 |
| Sign |
Taurus |
| Sex |
 |
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 10:06 PM
Location: Texas
|

|
|
|
|
 |
Bobby didn't you at one time install CodeStuff Starter? Or did you lose it when your HDD went South? It's a free program. I use it to manage my startup programs.
CodeStuff
There are screen shots at the site so I won't bother posting any. When you open it click on All Sections in the panel on the left. All the programs that start when you PC boots up will be checked in the right panel. Uncheck the ones you don't want starting at boot up. Some of the names may be so weird you may have to google them to find out what they do. You should be able to recognize the printer however.
 |
|
|
 |
 |
| Back to Top |
|
|
 | Re: How do I remove an icon from my Systemtray? |  |
Posted: 05/16/2007 9:21 PM |
|
|
|
|
|
| Citation |
| Posts |
5352 |
| Word Cnt. |
902,182 |
| BDay |
Jun 19 |
| Sign |
Gemini |
| Sex |
 |
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 31, 2004
Local time: 11:06 PM
Location: Arkansas
|

|
|
|
|
 |
OK. I've got it and it di it !! What that means is that I now have CodeStarter again and I unchecked HPDJ and rebooted my PC. The icon didn't reappear. Now I've got to see if my printer HP Printer works.
Thanks to katy and Rosalie for your guidance. Boy I'm sure getting smart (With proper guidance). |
|
|
 |
 |
| Back to Top |
|
|
 | Re: How do I remove an icon from my Systemtray? |  |
Posted: 05/16/2007 9:47 PM |
|
|
|
|
|
| Site Admin |
| Posts |
49593 |
| Word Cnt. |
2,756,445 |
| BDay |
Apr 22 |
| Sign |
Taurus |
| Sex |
 |
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 10:06 PM
Location: Texas
|

|
|
|
|
 |
LOL, unless there is some gremlin gnawing away inside your PC case the printer should work when you turn it on and click Print in whatever document your printing. Unless you're a company and do a lot of printing all day there is no reason for your printer to load when you boot up your PC. It just makes the PC take longer to fully boot.
 |
|
|
 |
 |
| Back to Top |
|
|
 | Information |  |
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index
-> Talk PC
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
|
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Add To Bookmarks
|
|
|
|
|