Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index
alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
How do I remove an icon from my Systemtray?
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
How do I remove an icon from my Systemtray?
PostPosted: 05/16/2007 8:07 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Dec 31, 2004
Local time: 1:21 AM
Location: Arkansas
usaCa.gif
Each time that I reboot my PC the icon for my HP Deskjet 6500 series printer appears in my Systemtray.  To remove it I have to click "Exit' each time.  Where do I go to stop it from loading at startup?  I have Windows XP Home.
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
Re: How do I remove an icon from my Systemtray?
PostPosted: 05/16/2007 11:24 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Katy
Citation
Posts 10748
Word Cnt. 424,312
BDay Jan 15
Sign Capricorn
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Local time: 1:21 AM
usaCa.gif
Bobby you can go to programs /start and right click the program there and delete
or you can open the program properties and uncheck it there where it says open at start or someting similar
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Katy Send private message  
Re: How do I remove an icon from my Systemtray?
PostPosted: 05/16/2007 6:50 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Dec 31, 2004
Local time: 1:21 AM
Location: Arkansas
usaCa.gif
Katy.  There is no HP Deskjet 6500 series listed in the programs menu.  I don't understand why.  So I went to the properties window by clicking on the icon in the systemtray  but there is no place to specify when to have it open.  It's also not in the Startup folder.  All there is in the startup folder is the enclosed file.  (Screenshot)



When I open this I get:




I don't know what this is.
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
Re: How do I remove an icon from my Systemtray?
PostPosted: 05/16/2007 7:20 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 12:21 AM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
Bobby didn't you at one time install CodeStuff Starter? Or did you lose it when your HDD went South? It's a free program. I use it to manage my startup programs.  

CodeStuff


There are screen shots at the site so I won't bother posting any.  When you open it click on All Sections in the panel on the left.  All the programs that start when you PC boots up will be checked in the right panel.  Uncheck the ones you don't want starting at boot up.  Some of the names may be so weird you may have to google them to find out what they do.  You should be able to recognize the printer however.


sunny
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: How do I remove an icon from my Systemtray?
PostPosted: 05/16/2007 9:21 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Dec 31, 2004
Local time: 1:21 AM
Location: Arkansas
usaCa.gif
OK.  I've got it and it di it !!  What that means is that I now have CodeStarter again and I unchecked HPDJ and rebooted my PC.  The icon didn't reappear.  Now I've got to see if my printer HP Printer works.
Thanks to katy and Rosalie for your guidance.  Boy I'm sure getting smart (With proper guidance).
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
Re: How do I remove an icon from my Systemtray?
PostPosted: 05/16/2007 9:47 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 12:21 AM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
LOL, unless there is some gremlin gnawing away inside your PC case the printer should work when you turn it on and click Print in whatever document your printing.  Unless you're a company and do a lot of printing all day there is no reason for your printer to load when you boot up your PC.  It just makes the PC take longer to fully boot.


sunny
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
 Post new topic  Reply to topic
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1


Add To Bookmarks

 
  
  


  Google

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Page generation time: 0.0485s (PHP: 79% - SQL: 21%) - SQL queries: 45 - GZIP disabled - Debug on