Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index
alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Changing the default mail program in the send to menu?
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
Re: Changing the default mail program in the send to menu?
PostPosted: 01/20/2007 8:25 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 1:04 AM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
Quote:
What does it mean about not being able to open this file?

It means it's not able to open the file.  And it's correct about that.  You don't need to open the file.  You don't WANT to open the file.  There is nothing in there you want.  Matter of fact there is nothing in there. Did you notice that it contains 0 kb?

What you want to do is right click an enpty space and CREATE a new file.  Bobby, go back and read the site I posted maybe they can explain it better than I can. And pay close attention to the rights and lefts.  OK?


sunny
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Changing the default mail program in the send to menu?
PostPosted: 01/20/2007 8:39 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Dec 31, 2004
Local time: 2:04 AM
Location: Arkansas
usaCa.gif
Ok thanks for your help.  I think that it's time for us to quit this because it doesn't seem that we're getting anywhere.  I don't think that the instructions that you posted will do me any good because when I get to a certain point I don't have what it says to go to.
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
Re: Changing the default mail program in the send to menu?
PostPosted: 01/20/2007 8:40 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 1:04 AM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
Quote:
Also I went to Bob Crook > SendTo > new > Text Document and named it MapiMail.MapiMail.  Then I got the warning window shown in the SS below.  Should I check the "Yes" box?



YES!


blob8
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Changing the default mail program in the send to menu?
PostPosted: 01/20/2007 10:34 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Dec 31, 2004
Local time: 2:04 AM
Location: Arkansas
usaCa.gif
Is there a way to locate where the SendTo menu shown in the SS below?  I know it is there because I go to it when I right click a picture.  For some reason that I don't understand, I have multiple SendTo menus on my PC but none that I go to are the one shown in the SS.

Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
Re: Changing the default mail program in the send to menu?
PostPosted: 01/20/2007 11:26 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 1:04 AM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
Now you have me confused.  Where is the MapiMail file you created?  It should be under Mail Recipient which has been there all along.  In the SS below MapiMail is the one I created to show you what it looks like.  Clicking on it brings up the Netscape email screen.  You did create a new MapiMail file, right? What happens if you click the Sent to in the menu under My Documents? (in your SS)
 
 
 
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Changing the default mail program in the send to menu?
PostPosted: 01/20/2007 6:34 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Dec 31, 2004
Local time: 2:04 AM
Location: Arkansas
usaCa.gif
Sorry about taking so long to reply but I had to watch the Razorback Basketball team defeat LSU.

Quote:
Where is the MapiMail file you created


It is at:   "C" / Documents and Settings / Administrator / SendTo / Mail Recipient / MapiMail.

Quote:
You did create a new MapiMail file, right


Yes.  It is at the location shown above.  It did not go to the SendTo menu shown in the SS below.  YThis is the SendTo menu that I get when I right-click on a picture.




Quote:
What happens if you click the Sent to in the menu under My Documents? (in your SS)


I get:  





Repeat question.

Quote:
Is there a way to locate where the SendTo menu shown in the SS below?  I know it is there because I go to it when I right click a picture.




Some of the confusion is caused by me having multiple SendTo menus in more than one place.  I don't know why but I do.  I also don't know why I get a Irfanview file instead of My Documents when I click on the "My Documents" item in the SendTo menu.
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
Re: Changing the default mail program in the send to menu?
PostPosted: 01/20/2007 6:44 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 1:04 AM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
OK, Bobby, you created the file under Administrator, do another one under Bobby.  

The Sent to in the menu that you are LOOKING at is probably under Bobby in Documents and settings.  The file you created should be showing up in that menu you are looking at in the SS and maybe the reason it's not is because you created it under Administrator.

You're asking where that folder is located and all I can tell you is what I've been telling you .... it's under Bobby in Documents and Settings.  I could send a screen shot but it would be the same as one of the above.  


dontknow
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Changing the default mail program in the send to menu?
PostPosted: 01/20/2007 6:52 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 1:04 AM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
As an experiment I created a file called something.mapimail in the Default folder rather than the Rosalie folder and it does NOT show up in the menu when I right click an image.  

The file you create HAS to be under Bobby, since you have two Bobby folders create a file in each one.   It doesn't matter what you name it as long as the extension is .mapimail




Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Changing the default mail program in the send to menu?
PostPosted: 01/20/2007 7:45 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
Sex Sex:Male
Joined: Dec 31, 2004
Local time: 2:04 AM
Location: Arkansas
usaCa.gif
OK.  I created a mapimail.mapimail file under each of my Bobby folders.  When I right-click on a picture it still goes to Thunderbird.  There are no items that have been added to my SendTo menu.
Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
Re: Changing the default mail program in the send to menu?
PostPosted: 01/20/2007 8:40 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 1:04 AM
Location: Texas
texasC.gif
OK, Bobby, do this:  

Go to Explorer and at the top of the screen click on Tools then Folder options.  In the Folder Options window click the File Types tab and scroll down to MAPIMAIL and click on it.  Read to see what program should open. If there is no program for Opens with click Advanced to set your preference




Back to Top
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
 Post new topic  Reply to topic
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4


Add To Bookmarks

 
  
  


  Google

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Page generation time: 0.0768s (PHP: 67% - SQL: 33%) - SQL queries: 57 - GZIP disabled - Debug on