Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 3:28 PM Location: St Pete, FL
As always, you are quite welcome fishead. I was happy to be able to help you....
What caused this problem was that you added a new template, then assigned that template to your personal member account. But when you deleted it, you were still assigned to the now missing template, so there was nothing for you to view. So what I had to do to fix the problem was reassign your user record in your phpbb_users table to a valid template. So if you decide to remove a template in the future, make sure that it isn't assigned to anyone or they will have the same problem you had when trying to log into your forum...
Joined: Feb 09, 2005
Local time: 3:28 AM Location: Sterling IL
I sent you a pm, I deleted the template after I got locked out. I screwed up somewhere else. I can't believe you fixed it o easially, you certainly know what your doing.
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 3:28 PM Location: St Pete, FL
The trick to resolving something like this is understanding the problem. Once rb showed me the error message that you were seeing, it was easy to fix. So when something like this happens, the more information that can be provided, the easier it is to resolve...
Joined: Feb 09, 2005
Local time: 3:28 AM Location: Sterling IL
Niterider, I showed IX help a screen shot of the error, (I have one in this thread also), but they could only send me to a page with 4 fixes, you make them look bad if you only needed to see the error and fix without trying to patch a bad spot like they were doing.
I think a lot of this stuff will always be over my head, but I can get by and worry more about building my new website now that everything is working right. At least the pressure is off now so I can learn at my own pace.
Thanks again for all your help, and Rb and Jaddon too. I don't know where she went lately.
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 1:28 PM Location: Texas
You are doing great, Dave, just great. Your web pages are what's really important anyway and you have a very good handle on building them. At least now you have both your web pages and your forum on the same site.
Soon you can create a Home Page that has links to both the web pages and the forum.
Joined: Sep 25, 2004
Local time: 3:28 PM Location: St Pete, FL
fishead wrote:
Niterider, I showed IX help a screen shot of the error, (I have one in this thread also), but they could only send me to a page with 4 fixes, you make them look bad if you only needed to see the error and fix without trying to patch a bad spot like they were doing.
I have an advantage that the IX people probably don't have. I work with EM and phpBB almost every day while they make it available to their clients but don't really know anything about it. So I'm not surprised that they didn't know how to handle this problem. There are a lot of things that they probably know about Web Hosting that I don't know, so it all balances out in the end. Besides, we can't all be geniuses...
fishead wrote:
and Jaddon too. I don't know where she went lately.
Yes, I've been wondering about Jaddon too. The last we talked, she wasn't feeling very good. I hope that she is just busy and has recovered from whatever was ailing her...
Thanks again for all your help, and Rb and Jaddon too. I don't know where she went lately.
Quote:
Yes, I've been wondering about Jaddon too. The last we talked, she wasn't feeling very good. I hope that she is just busy and has recovered from whatever was ailing her...
So Sorry I have not been around much. Thanks for thinking about me. Makes me feel good to be noticed missing.
Because I was sick for so long I did not have much time to get my Christmas shopping done so I was going crazy trying to get all my shopping done in time. Shopping takes a lot out of me so after the shopping I would go to bed to rest and regain strength for more shopping and wrapping gifts. Glad that is done.
Then we where invited to my daughters boyfriends house for dinner on Saturday night so after shopping all day Saturday went there. Christmas Eve we spent with my in - laws (they leave Christmas morning for Florida) Then Christmas Day we spent with my family.
Yesterday I was so tired from the busy week I slept most of the day. Still tired but better today. Now to get ready for my sons birthday its today!
My daughter is home this week from school and we both have Doc appointments to go to today. They think my daughter has bipolar and I still don't have my voice back so looks like my doc will be sending me to the specialist for surgery. Plus my hubby tested positive for protein in his urine and is going for test tomorrow and Friday I am so worried about him. Always something
****************************
So sorry Dave for not being here to help you! I do plan on helping you more as soon as I get things settled around here. Your in good hands with NR he taught me everything I know about the forum. I also have lots to do on my site tons of messages and they really filled up my to do list. I am hoping things will settle down here by next week then I can be on my computer again as normal.
I miss everyone and miss working on my site and helping others with their sites
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours Goto page: Previous1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8Next Page 7 of 8