alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
html code for pages
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
html code for pages
PostPosted: 09/29/2005 8:53 AM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 10:51 PM
usaCa.gif
In my ebay there is a page I can use for "about me". Inside is a box for text, or html code. About the same as my cafe press pages, I can add my own code, but I don't know much about codes and when I try to figure out what I need, on the web, I get overwhelmed. So maybe I can take a shortcut and ask -

Can I just copy my source code off a page on my site?

Or is there only parts  of the page code that I need?

Or would I have to learn enough to write the whole code myself....if so I give up.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
html code for pages
PostPosted: 09/29/2005 12:46 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 8:51 AM
texasC.gif
Fishead, try the copy and paste from what you already have.  See what it looks like, if you don't like it you can go back and change it anytime.

Not sure what you mean about "only a part of it" from your present page.  Depends on what you want on your page at eBay.  If you want the same thing you have at  Cafe Press then C/P  all of it.  If there is text you want to change copy the code to Notepad and edit the text than C/P to eBay.

Feel free to ask any more questions, fishead and I will try to help.

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
html code for pages
PostPosted: 09/29/2005 1:05 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Fishead, download and install this program, Evrsoft's 1st Page 2000, it's an HTML editor.  It will create and insert a lot of code for you with a click.  Still you need to know the basics of HTML.  It seems a bit overwheming at first but for simple web pages it not very difficult to learn.

There is information about 1stPage here and at the very bottom is a link where you can download it.  IT'S FREE!!!!  

http://www.wdvl.com/Reviews/HTML/1stPage2000.html

IT'S FREE!!!!  

blob8  occasion7  blob8
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
html code for pages
PostPosted: 09/29/2005 1:05 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Fishead there is also a forum where you can ask for help or find solutions to your problems dealing with HTML.

You can look  through any and all of the sections listed but I would suggest you go to Client-side,  think it's the third section down, and then look in the Newbie Forum.  Read some of what's there and see if that forum might be useful to you.

http://developers.evrsoft.com/forum/

sunny
html code for pages
PostPosted: 09/29/2005 1:16 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Here are just a couple of sites that tell about HTML and explain the codes and tags.  There are many sites such as this.

http://www.make-a-web-site.com/

This is an interactive tutorial that nice, I think here is where I started.  Dave (the guy that wrote this tutorial) explans a tag and you get to practice it.

http://www.davesite.com/webstation/html/chap01.shtml

OK, now I'll shut up!  LOL

sunny
html code for pages
PostPosted: 09/29/2005 3:48 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Local time: 10:51 AM
peace.gif
You probably won't be able to paste the entire page, complete with html, head, and title tags.  But you would be able to cut and paste the code that applies.  I would be happy to help you if you can't figure out how to do it...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
re
PostPosted: 09/30/2005 8:52 AM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Local time: 10:51 PM
usaCa.gif
thanks guys. I have been to "learning codes websites", and they explain well, but I just haven't the time to learn it when I rarely need it.

I want to build a page on my website as I want to appear elsewhere. So I figure I won't need it all (code) and it won't work if I use it all and sounds like I'm right.

I'll build the page I want and then show the code and ask what I need to do.

thanks again
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
html code for pages
PostPosted: 09/30/2005 5:23 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Local time: 10:51 AM
peace.gif
That sounds like a plan fishead...

Applause
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC