alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Firefox 4 downloaded 5 million times in first day
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
PostPosted: 03/24/2011 10:08 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 11:02 AM
texasC.gif

(CNN) -- Firefox 4, the latest version of Mozilla's free, open-source Web browser, was downloaded around 5 million times in its first 24 hours.

According to Mozilla's website, downloads were up to 6.8 million by 10 a.m. ET Wednesday, just over a day after the update was released.

Minutes before Firefox 4 turned a day old early Wednesday morning, it was on the verge of crossing 5 million, CNET noted.

That adoption rate is impressive. By comparison, Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9, rolled out last week, was downloaded about 2.3 million times during the first day it was available.

Shocked
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Firefox 4 downloaded 5 million times in first day
PostPosted: 03/27/2011 9:45 PM Reply with quote
Crow
waldopulanco
Crow
Posts 53
Word Cnt. 10,610
BDay Jan 29
Sign Aquarius
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 12:02 PM
philippinesC1.gif
yes maam! actually i am using Mozilla firefox too. its good and fast for browsing than other browser..
View user's profile Find all posts by waldopulanco Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 03/27/2011 10:13 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Hello waldo!!  Long time no see.

How are you?  What are you up to these days?  We've missed you.

wave
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 03/28/2011 8:05 PM Reply with quote
Crow
waldopulanco
Crow
Posts 53
Word Cnt. 10,610
BDay Jan 29
Sign Aquarius
philippinesC1.gif
rb2d2 wrote:
Hello waldo!!  Long time no see.

How are you?  What are you up to these days?  We've missed you.

wave

thanks maam. i miss all of you and also this site. how about sir nightrider? how is he? hope he is fine!! well im fine. i am busy in the last few months..
View user's profile Find all posts by waldopulanco Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 03/28/2011 9:52 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Nightrider is doing OK, he recently bought a house! You can see it here:

http://4fxearth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=880650

I'm still messing with computers in one way or other.  I just recently got an old PC given to me, it looked like a piece of junk!  I cleaned it up, found a side panel for it, put in an old spare HDD I had here on the shelf, installed an operating system and had fun loading stuff and just plain playing around with it.  It runs great!  Looking for someone to give it to now...

You've been busy the last few months, uh?  Last time I heard about what you were doing you were planting onions.  I guess this isn't the time of year to plant onions so you must be doing something else.  Didn't you get married a couple of years ago?  Or am I mistaken about that?

The years go by so fast ....

sunny
PostPosted: 04/30/2011 10:15 AM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Local time: 1:02 AM
usaCa.gif
I don't like it. there is no multiple back page drop down, something I use a lot. Now I have to use history to go back several pages at once. They also shoved a bunch of yahoo crap on me and that wasn't real easy to remove all of it. If yahoo is so great why do they have to force it onto people everywhere you turn? Anyway I only have it on one pc and not anxious to add it on other two. One other note, why do software companies always make needless changes in arranging things? Once someone gets used to something it is a headache to have to start all over and figure out where they moved things, needlessly.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 04/30/2011 11:03 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Quote:
One other note, why do software companies always make needless changes in arranging things? Once someone gets used to something it is a headache to have to start all over and figure out where they moved things, needlessly.

I couldn't agree with you more Dave, that is my biggest peeve!!

As for the multiple back page drop down ... someone says they have found a solution

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/internet/firefox-4-back-menu-d rop-down-missing---problem-fixed.asp

In order to go back or forward several web pages, you have two options:

1) Left-click mouse button down on Back or Forward arrow for 1s and wait for a drop-down list to appear. Then click the link you want.

2) Right-click mouse button on Back or Forward arrow and instantly a drop-down list appears. Then click the link you want.

sunny
PostPosted: 05/01/2011 1:31 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
I agree with you both it is a pain to have to learn the options again with the updates.  I am sure there is a way for them to update without making such drastic changes to how its set up now.

I use Firefox but won't be updating because when I went to install the update I got a warning that Firefox won't support Norton toolbar anymore which I use often.  So waiting for them to add it back before I update.
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC