alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Problem using Image Shack
Goto page: 1, 2  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
PostPosted: 07/17/2005 7:17 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 11:17 AM
usaCa.gif
I have been trying to figur out how to use Image Shack to include pis in my posts in the My Opinion Forum and to post them into the Gallery.  So far I have been unsucessful.  I went to the Test Section and clicked on New Subject.  I named it and clicked on "browse" below the posting area.  I went to the picture that I wanted to include and got the path into th box beside the "Image Shack Upload"".  I clicked on the "Image Shack Upload"" beside the box with the path to my picture and waited for it to bring up the Image Shack page.  It showed in the taskbar "Opening page http://www.imageshack.us/index.php... ".  After about 5 minutes that phrase disappeared and was replaced by the word "done".  But all I had was a blank page.  I was never taken to the ImageShack page.  Any ideas?
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
Re: Problem using Image Shack
PostPosted: 07/17/2005 8:27 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 10:17 AM
texasC.gif
You did everything right, Bobby.  It may have not been working at the time.  I just tried it and it works fine.  Try again.

View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 07/17/2005 8:29 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Bobby, I went to the FAQ at ImageShack and found this:

Question: When I try to upload an image, the upload does not complete and I get a blank page.

The image you are uploading is too large for ImageShack to resize. Please resize it using a graphics editing program such as Adobe PhotoShop or Jasc Paint Shop Pro. You can also use software that came with your printer, scanner, or digital camera.

http://reg.imageshack.us/content.php?page=faq

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 07/17/2005 8:30 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Local time: 12:17 PM
peace.gif
When you click on the ImageShack button, it opens in a new page or tab.  It will not open on the current page where you are posting.  I know that your dial-up connection is slow, but you probably should never have to wait 5 minutes for ImageShack to upload your picture and then produce a link for it unless your picture is huge.  I'm not sure what the file size limit is at ImageShack, but if it is something like 1024 KB, then it might be slow if you are on a 28.8 connection with an extremely slow transfer rate below 3 kbps...

I don't like how ImageShack handles the time while you are waiting for the file to upload then a link is provided.  The page is blank until it is ready to display all the links...

I just did a quick calculation.  If ImageShack allows you to upload a 1024 KB file and your transfer rate is only 3 kbps, then it will take about 5.68 minutes to upload your graphic.  The best thing to do is optimize your pictures as much as possible before uploading them to ImageShack as long as you have a very slow connection...

headbang

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://4fxearth.net/phpBB2)
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 07/17/2005 10:24 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
usaCa.gif
I am trying to figure out how to resize the picture that I want to post.  I don't know how to get it from my desktop folder (My Pics) to Irfanview or another program for resizing.  When I right click on the picture Irfanview is not on the sendto menu.  Any suggestions?
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 07/17/2005 10:28 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Local time: 12:17 PM
peace.gif
You should be able to go to the other program and Open it directly.
Usually there is a menu item called File at the top.  When you click on
it, you would see an option for Open.  Once you click on it, an Open
dialog will appear that will allow you to find the file on your PC and
choose it.  Normally a double-click will do the trick.  If not, you
would have to pick an Open of OK button...

headbang

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://4fxearth.net/phpBB2)
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 07/17/2005 10:55 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Irfanview shows up in my list when I attempt to open a SS but if it is not in your list than click on Choose Progarm

You will get this window that should have Irfanview listed.  Should it not have  it in the list than click on Other and find Irfanview in your programs and open it from there.

OR like Nightrider says just open Irfanview and then get the picture you want:

PostPosted: 07/17/2005 12:07 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
usaCa.gif
Ok, I've got the picture to Irfanview and it is minimized as small as Irfanview will resize it.  It is ther on my desktop in a small window.  How do I get it to the box beside ImageShack Upload  where the path is supposed to go?
PostPosted: 07/17/2005 12:48 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
The picture doesn't have to be TINY!   Just smaller.  Somewhere in the 400 x 300 pixel area.

Save it to the same folder you had it before, just add a 2 to the name so it won't overwrite your other one.  Before you add the 2 to the name click in a space in that slot to un-highlight the name, then click at the end of the name and add the 2.  You will want the 2 to be before the .jpg!

Then follow the same procedure you did in the first post of this thread.

sunny
PostPosted: 07/17/2005 1:10 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
You're doing great, Bobby, don't quit now!!

sunny
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC