alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
why does my URL quit working in Blog?
Goto page: 1, 2  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
why does my URL quit working in Blog?
PostPosted: 06/22/2010 8:00 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 10:15 AM
usaCa.gif
My code seems to change, the link in my header works for awhile and then it targets to itself, my blog. This is in my theme options.

Code:
<p><font size=\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"4\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\">Welcome to Fisheadtackle blog. Be sure to check out my Website (copy and paste the URL) <a href=\\\\\\\"http://www.fisheadtackle.com/index.html\\\\\\\"><font size=\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"4\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\">http://www.fisheadtackle.com</f ont></a></font></p>

I didn't add all those slants, they come on their own after a few days or weeks. I have fixed this several times and it just goes back to linking to the blog under this url:

http://www.fisheadtackle.com/forum/phpBB2/blog.php/%5C%5C%5C%22http:// www.fisheadtackle.com/index.html%5C%5C%5C%22/

For some reason I just can't link to my website and it is important that I do.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
Re: why does my URL quit working in Blog?
PostPosted: 06/22/2010 9:02 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
I added a link on the right side, downsized some font in a widget before that, but after adding the link my small font everywhere changed to extra large. That wordpress is so unstable!!! Now they have a new update too but no way am I messing with that.

It is ok like it is with the link on the side bar instead of the header but the large size font is kind of annoying. It started doing it on its own so maybe it will go back to how it was. I looked in the css editor and it shops it as still being small. Its just unstable and does strange things.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 06/22/2010 9:10 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Never mind about the font size, that was my fault I changed header code and forgot to close the font tag. So the link on the side works ok so don't need help.
PostPosted: 06/22/2010 10:48 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Local time: 10:15 PM
peace.gif
So the whole problem is resolved???

dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 06/22/2010 11:35 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 8:15 PM
texasC.gif
Wow, Dave, what great pictures you have on your Blob right now!!  The Pelicans Flying over my House is an amazing shot.  As they all are actually.

blob8
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 06/22/2010 11:50 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 8:15 PM
texasC.gif
What is the matter with this guy's beak?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 06/23/2010 1:16 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Yes everything is ok nr. The link on the side is small but at least it works.

Thats a horn rb, they get those during mating season. I guess they get the dark colors behind the head during mating season too. Glad you like the pictures. I bought a new camera, kodac z981. It has 26x.
PostPosted: 09/13/2010 9:26 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
My problem is not resolved. It refuses to link to older entries. Occasionally it works, but most of the time it doesn't. I think I am wasting my time with this blog since it is stuck on page one, unless people can find another way to navigate using the past months or categories. When you click on older entries it takes you to my website, which is my 404 error page that directs to my index page.

I thought maybe if I changed the address in settings from fisheadtackle.com/blog to http://www.fisheadtackle.com/forum/phpBB2/blog.php/ that it might help since that is the real url, but all that did was make my blog fall apart and now it is broke again. It is so unstable it is unusable if you ask me, I don't see how anyone can even use it since it falls apart so easily.

Now it won't let me log in, so I guess I no longer have a blog at all. I guess I will have to delete all my work by deleting the blog altogether and just get a google blog like so many other people do. Wordpress sucks big time.

Its late and I'm going fishing in the morning and will try to just forget about this blog. If it doesn't come back on its own tomorrow I will have to remove all my links to it and shut it down.
PostPosted: 09/13/2010 9:37 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
BTW I was able to change the blog url back to www.fisheadtackle.com/blog before I got locked out of my own blog.

Wordpress sucks. Its like vista, its broken unstable software.

I may have an idea, google likes blogs so much if I have to delete this wordpress blog I will use the /blog url and start making pages with my own code and get away from wordpress and other blogs and see how google reacts. I don't know why google likes blogs so much, maybe it is just blog in the url, I will find out if that works.
PostPosted: 09/13/2010 9:50 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
snip=
Okay, so I’ll upgrade it manually. The wordpress site has good instructions on how to do it. So, I followed them to the letter. The manual upgrade failed. Although it did ask me for the database details but them promptly failed with some obscure error message.

Down but not defeated, I thought it’s only a test site so I’ll completely remove the old code and build a fresh installation. This is something I’ve done many times using the famous wordpress 5 minute installation and it’s always worked perfectly. Not this time! A brand new installation failed with another obscure error message. Right now, my test blog is in pieces. I’m not impressed.

Have wordpress become so popular and grown so big they are becoming another Microsoft. As most people know Microsoft is guilty of releasing new software before all the bugs are ironed out. I think the wordpress team have some work to do and I would advise anyone to stay away from version 3.0 until it becomes a little more stable. I think I will regress my test blog to version 2.9 for the time being.

Is wordpress 3.0 unstable? It looks that way to me.

http://webdesignability.com/wordpress/is-wordpress-3-0-unstable/
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support