alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
New Styles (Skins)...
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Announcements Add To Bookmarks
New Styles (Skins)...
PostPosted: 12/12/2004 7:52 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 5:07 AM
peace.gif
I have installed about 9-10 new styles (skins) that you can choose in your Profile in addition to subSilver.  NONE of these styles have been modified so a lot of functionality that you see in the subSilver template WILL NOT be available in the other styles until I get the chance to add the necessary modifications to them too...

I would be interested in hearing which styles you like the best so I can devote my time to getting them up to speed instead of wasting time on themes that no one will use or likes...

Catmando, this is a chance to get rid of the Post Icon panel for a while.  None of the Post Icons will appear above the Posting window.  But you should remember that there will be other things, like dates and times, that don't work correctly, so you need to be patient with me while I get these styles updated to match the functionality of the subSilver template...

If there are any styles in the following forum that you like that I haven't installed here, let me know and I will attempt to install them too...

Styles Announcements & Releases

Here is a demo board where you can view many of the available styles.  At the top of the board, you will find a drop-down combo box that allows you to change to any listed style simply by selecting it...

phpBB Style Demo Board

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: New Styles (Skins)...
PostPosted: 01/03/2005 10:32 PM Reply with quote
Skyhawk
sweet_entropy
Skyhawk
Posts 257
Word Cnt. 7,816
BDay Jul 6
Sign Cancer
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 4:07 AM
flag_blk6_1.gif
well, so far, I like wowhorde, and genElectro.. I'm still checking them out.
View user's profile Find all posts by sweet_entropy Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 01/04/2005 3:23 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Yes those are both nice styles.  GenElectro seems to have some display problems with the View Topic form though.  I haven't looked into why yet since no one seemed very interested in any of the other non-default styles.  Some of the other styles have a similar problem...

Sweet_entropy, If you decide to use any of the other styles, I need to warn you that most of the MODs that I have added to this community that you can read about here in the Announcements forum haven't been added to any of them yet.  The additional styles came in very late in my updating process.  If you find a style that you really, really want to use, just let me know and I will try to bring it up to the same standards as our default style (subSilver)...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 01/04/2005 6:47 PM Reply with quote
Skyhawk
sweet_entropy
Skyhawk
Posts 257
Word Cnt. 7,816
BDay Jul 6
Sign Cancer
flag_blk6_1.gif
I really really would like to use either wow horde or gen electro. Preferably genelectro.
View user's profile Find all posts by sweet_entropy Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 01/05/2005 6:44 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Ok, I will start working on updating both styles to bring them up to the same standards as our default style (subSilver).  I will try to get GenElectro done first if you prefer it over WowHorde.  Since I have installed over 152 MODs into this board so far, it may take a while to get them all installed in the other styles so bear with me.  If there are some features you would prefer earlier than others, don't be shy about telling me...

If you notice any problems as I go along, don't hesitate to let me know.  I may not ever be aware of a problem until you tell me.  Most problems on this board don't take that long to correct, so there is no need to tolerate something that could be fixed quickly...

headbang
PostPosted: 01/05/2005 8:17 PM Reply with quote
Skyhawk
sweet_entropy
Skyhawk
Posts 257
Word Cnt. 7,816
BDay Jul 6
Sign Cancer
flag_blk6_1.gif
Hmmm... I've never seen anyone at a forum so dedicated to bringing a little spice to the boards to please the members. This is great!
PostPosted: 01/05/2005 10:30 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
We aim to please here sweet_entropy.  If you are happy, then I am happy.  Since this is OUR community, instead of belonging to any one person, then it is in the best interest for all if everyone is mostly satisfied with what we have available.  Nothing here is cast in stone, so if you have any suggestions, ideas, or contributions you can offer to make our home a little nicer for everyone, I am all ears...

CL created and contributed most of our Logos.  Hopefully she will have the time and energy to create specialized logos for each style too.  Some of the logos we are using now won't look so good in some of the other styles so we will need some customized logos just for them too...

I am very tired right now, so I don't know how much I will get accomplished tonight.  But I am going to start working on GenElectro and hopefully I will get a good start on it before I have to go to bed...

blob8
PostPosted: 01/07/2005 9:31 PM Reply with quote
Skyhawk
sweet_entropy
Skyhawk
Posts 257
Word Cnt. 7,816
BDay Jul 6
Sign Cancer
flag_blk6_1.gif
lol.. well you did please me. You did a great job too.  Dancing
PostPosted: 01/08/2005 9:25 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Sweet_entropy, are you already using genElectro?  I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and yet the View Topic page still isn't displaying properly.  I redownloaded the files and started over again, and still no success.  So I have written to the developer of the style to ask what is wrong, but I have yet to hear a peep out of him/her...

If you are waiting for me to get the View Topic page working correcting in genElectro, I can't guarantee when that will be.  I'm a bit hesitant installing any MODs to that style since they may be lost if I have to reinstall any missing or corrupt files...

If you are waiting to use the genElectro style because its View Topic page isn't displaying correctly, would it be a huge inconvenience for you to use wowHorde instead for now?  I think wowHorde is in good shape so I should be able to install most of the MODs into it that are currently installed in subSilver.  Let me know your preferences...

headbang
PostPosted: 01/08/2005 9:53 PM Reply with quote
Skyhawk
sweet_entropy
Skyhawk
Posts 257
Word Cnt. 7,816
BDay Jul 6
Sign Cancer
flag_blk6_1.gif
ha! i am having no problem with genelectro...  Heart
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Announcements