alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Forum is screwed up
Goto page: 1, 2  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Forum is screwed up
PostPosted: 06/27/2009 2:47 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 3:21 PM
usaCa.gif
I edited my forum tpl footer and header and all the sudden my whole forum is a scrambled mess. I just added a link to the footer file, no problem, added a link next to my banner (people can't seem to find register link) and everything was fine, but then I added a login link and it scrambled everything. What a mess. I think I no longer have a forum.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
Re: Forum is screwed up
PostPosted: 06/27/2009 2:52 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
I guess my forum was pretty useless anyway, people have been telling me they can't seem to be able to join. They say there was no register link anywhere. So I guess it was already lost anyway.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 06/27/2009 2:56 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 1:21 AM
texasC.gif
Well it's still there, I just accessed it.  It seems a bit messed up.  I bet that can be fixed with some code correction.  Wait a bit and let Blake take a look, OK?

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 06/27/2009 2:57 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 1:21 AM
texasC.gif
I noticed the other day a spammer registered and posted so the link couldn't be too hard to find.

dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 06/27/2009 2:58 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
OK its the Iris template that is lost. I can still use subsilver. I guess its back to square one, no anti spam or any more mods.
PostPosted: 06/27/2009 3:39 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Yes I saw that spammer found the register link. That template shouldn't fall apart so easy. I added a link, then removed it so there is nothing to fix in the code. I bet is has to be reinstalled along with all the pain in the butt special mods for that template., so its pretty much lost for good. How fragile, that really sucks. Blakes already mad at me and now when he sees all his work is lost he will be really mad, so I doubt I get any help. I guess I can live with the old template.
PostPosted: 06/27/2009 6:56 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Local time: 3:21 AM
peace.gif
fishead wrote:
Blakes already mad at me and now when he sees all his work is lost he will be really mad, so I doubt I get any help. I guess I can live with the old template.

I really wasn't aware that I was mad at you Dave.  I don't have a clue what made you think that I was...

Your Iris template is working correctly again.  You did not lose anything.  The MODs are still installed.  There was a flaw in your code that made the Iris template display improperly though.  Once that was corrected, then all was back to normal...

You have both a login and register option in your menu, so I'm not sure why people can't see it.  It is only available when you are logged out though.  It wouldn't make sense to provide a Login and Register option after you are logged in:

dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 06/27/2009 7:24 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Thanks nr. I see it is working again on my laptop. I don't know why people can't find it but two people this week told me that, and one last week, they asked how to join and couldn't find link to register. Maybe its the white text on blue, I don't know. I wish I could make it stand out more. At least there is a link on the bottom now. Is that where the error was? I undid all my changes on the header so I don't know what could have been wrong with that.
PostPosted: 06/27/2009 8:12 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Local time: 3:21 AM
peace.gif
The problem was in your overall_header.tpl file.  It looks like you tried to add a Blog link to the menu but you placed the HTML code in the script code, which would be wrong.  I created a couple of Blog button images and added a link to your blog in the menu.  The text doesn't match the text of the other buttons, but it is as close as I could get it without a lot more effort and trial and error.  I have no idea what font, size, etc the template developer used for the menu buttons, so it is difficult to match what he used...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 06/27/2009 8:32 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
I saw the blog link in the safire template but I didn't add it. I didn't add a blog link to the iris either. I didn't even see one there. I did add a register link in the footer first, which is still there, then added one next to my banner w 3 spaces, but it made banner off center so I added one after the banner with 3 spaces, then decided that didn't look right so I changed the one to link to login instead and thats when it fell apart. Anyway its working now. I better be careful adding links.
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support