alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
my blog page width
Goto page: Previous  1, 2
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Re: my blog page width
PostPosted: 04/10/2009 9:57 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 5:48 AM
peace.gif
It looks like you figured it out...

Applause
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 04/11/2009 9:11 AM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Local time: 5:48 PM
usaCa.gif
Quote:
It looks like you figured it out...

well, no I didn't. The text in top banner is still orange and gray. Its no biggy though, its just hard to see the gray text over the blue banner. Like I said, it says tag line, otherwise I would just remove the text, but tag means google picks up on it...? I don't know.

What makes it hard is the color codes are 3 digits and I am used to 6 digits so I don't know which is which. I do need to get familiar with this code if I'm going to continue to use this blog, which I plan to do. I already see sales increases in my t-shirt stores. It is much better than my forum for drumming up business.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 04/11/2009 3:58 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Oh, I see what you're talking about now.  The text in the logo is using the logo class, which is set to the color eead24 (orange).  So to change the color, you would search for the class logo and change the color setting in the style.css file.  Since in this case, the logo text is also a hyperlink, you would need to change the .logo a class setting...

The text "Fishing art, Fishing Cartoons, Fishing T-shirts" is using the slogan class, so to get it to display better, you could uncomment out the color setting in your style.css file...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 04/11/2009 7:04 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Quote:
uncomment out

I'm not sure what you mean.

Here is the code for slogan. It says the text is white but it is gray.
Code:
.slogan {
         font-size: 16px;
         /* color: white; */
      }
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 04/11/2009 7:31 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
The /* and */ are the begin and end elements of a comment.  So you can see that the color setting is commented out in the slogan class...

munky2
PostPosted: 05/06/2009 2:04 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Is there a mod or anything that tracks visitor counts for my blog? Like my forum shows some stats on viewers, there isn't anything so that I can do this with my blog? (Other than google analynics and my website stats).
PostPosted: 05/06/2009 4:21 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
I really don't know whether they offer MODs for Wordpress and if they do, what is available.  I do not see any mention of MODs on the Wordpress site...

dontknow
PostPosted: 05/06/2009 6:44 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Well I noticed that my forum lets me know if anyone is visiting my blog, it is listed in with the notices for my forum visitors. It shows the ip and everything just like the forum visitors. So since it is hooked in with the forum, I thought maybe the forum had a mod for showing more stats than just who's on and which pages they were in during the session. etc. Seems there should be a log or a mod for a log to get stats from. Maybe not.
PostPosted: 05/06/2009 11:12 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
If it exists, I am not aware of it.  That's not something that I have ever seen available...

dontknow
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support