alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Nightrider can you....
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Re: Nightrider can you....
PostPosted: 12/15/2008 4:42 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 1:20 AM
peace.gif
This is a very common problem that usually only takes a few minutes for your host to fix.  When seeing the error message, they should automatically know what to do to fix it.  This is not a problem that should take days to correct...

It appears that they have finally done what they should have done soon after you contacted them.  Your forum is up and running for me now...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 12/15/2008 5:33 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 12:20 AM
usaCa.gif
I got one board to come up then tried others and they didn't so went back to the one that did and it would not come up.
They don't have it right yet.
That is what happened yesterday when they said it was fixed.
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 12/15/2008 10:25 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
well at least they gave me something......

We are aware of the database may be temporary slow or not accessible for a short period of time.

The cause for this issue is in most created by other customers running a bad script or command.

Our team of admins is working hard to find a solution in order to avoid this issue in the future.

Thank you very much in advance for your patience and understanding.

Kind Regards
Adam, Support
Servage Hosting
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 12/15/2008 10:28 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Are you still hosted with Servage?  The last time I contacted them for another admin, they were pretty fast about responding.  This problem should be quick and easy thing to fix...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 12/15/2008 10:30 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Ok, you posted your last reply while I was writing mine.  You might ask Servage to move your database to a different database server.  It sounds like the one you're on right now is over-loaded with too many clients.  They should be willing to move you to a faster less overwhelmed database server...

munky2
PostPosted: 12/15/2008 11:12 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
I'll see.
PostPosted: 12/15/2008 11:16 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Good luck.  I don't see why they wouldn't honor your request if their database server is clearly overwhelmed as they stated.  Moving databases to new servers should one of the first logical steps in correcting the problem...

munky2
PostPosted: 12/17/2008 11:05 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
This was their response to me asking for the db to be moved to another server.
Too tired tonight to work on it and have a lot to do tomorrow but thought you might like to know what their answer was.

I don't understand why if I create another db it will go to a server different than the one I am on.

Sorry for the problem caused to you. Sad

For solving this database issue, you can try to create a new database (which will be created on the different MySQL server) for your script and then export the old database and import it into the newer one. Then in the configuration file for your script change the database details according to the new one. In the meantime, we will check and solve the problem for the current database server, if any.
PostPosted: 12/17/2008 11:26 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Typically all of your databases are stored on the same database server.  If what they are saying is true, each new database could be stored on different database servers.  If you go into phpMyAdmin and can only see one database even though you have several, then that would support what they are saying.  I don't know why they would do it that way, but if true, you could easily create a new database and populate it once you determined that indeed it was stored on a different server from the first database.  Then you could change the config.php settings to point to the new database...

Normally you can quickly and easily clone a database in phpMyAdmin.  But if your databases are stored on different servers, I imagine that this option is not available to you.  The Cloning option is by far the fastest and easiest way to create two identical databases.  If you were forced to export the database, then import it into a newly created one, it could take a long time and there is a great chance for error during the process...

Your host should be able to move your database to a new server very easily without forcing you to jump through a bunch of unnecessary hoops.  If their servers are overloaded, then they need to invest in their infrastructure in order to provide the best possible service for all of their clients.  Asking them to move the database to a new and more reliable server should not be a overwhelming request for them.  It is something that they should be able to do quickly since they have all the tools to do so at their disposal.  They should not be placing that burden on you since it is their fault for this condition.  If they have to increase the number of servers used for running their clients databases, they should spend the money and update their hardware before they lose all of their clients...

munky2
PostPosted: 12/19/2008 6:45 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Well ask again for them to move it but they just sent another how to.  I'll work on it later this weekend.
I've pushed it too far with the walking (shopping) and am paying dearly.

Thank you for updating ticket.

To eliminate each possible problem you can also try by moving your database to a new MYSQL Server. You can do that in the following way:
* Take the backup of the database
* Create a new database which will be created on another mysql server.
* Import the backup into the newly created database.
* Edit your script to use the new database.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Kind Regards
Mark, Support
Servage Hosting
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support