alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
How to use HTML in posts?
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> How To Add To Bookmarks
Re: How to use HTML in posts?
PostPosted: 11/01/2004 3:08 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 6:30 PM
peace.gif
Try this:

<embed src="http://4fxearth.net/music/starspa.mid" width=0 height=0 autoplay=true hidden=true loop=true>

<bgsound src="http://4fxearth.net/music/starspa.mid" loop=-1 height=0 width=0></noembed>

I added noembed to the available HTML tag list.  I've included what should be the working version below this line.  Hopefully this will work in all browsers...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 11/01/2004 9:37 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
This is a test...

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country...

I don't seem to have any problems in Opera...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 11/01/2004 9:40 PM Reply with quote
Citation
bigR
Citation
Posts 3489
Word Cnt. 137,488
BDay Mar 5
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 5:30 PM
blank.gif
I think it's something in my Mozilla that's messing up. It'll play music locally, and doesn't store the files in cache, but won't play music off the Internet where it does store files in cache. Maybe something about the way it renders the EMBED tag now... I don't know.

Mozilla plays music online if it's in a BGSOUND tag. Weird, huh? That was an IE-specifig tag some years ago.

I may need to do some testing, and see exactly where my Mozilla plays music. It's played some on other forums, and not on still others, but I haven't checked the source code.
PostPosted: 11/01/2004 9:42 PM Reply with quote
Citation
bigR
Citation
Posts 3489
Word Cnt. 137,488
BDay Mar 5
Sign Pisces
blank.gif
Sorry, Nightrider. Mozilla popped up the unknown extension message again. And silence reigns here. Wink
PostPosted: 11/01/2004 10:04 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Has the MID file type been assigned in your copy of Mozilla?  Quicktime might be the only program that can play MIDI files.  Do you have the Quicktime plug-in installed???

headbang
PostPosted: 11/01/2004 10:31 PM Reply with quote
Citation
bigR
Citation
Posts 3489
Word Cnt. 137,488
BDay Mar 5
Sign Pisces
blank.gif
I have QuickTime plugin, I think an older version, but it's not associated with midi files. The basic Netscape/Mozilla audio .dll file should play them, and has done so for years and years. From the About Plugins link in Mozilla Help drop-down:

LiveAudio

File name: npaudio.dll
   Sound Player for Netscape Navigator, v.1.1.1515

What's weird is that music plays locally, using EMBED tag. I can hear the music on any page on my hard drive that has music. It's only online that Mozilla complains about "unknown extension on file" in its cache.
PostPosted: 11/01/2004 11:10 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
I wonder.  Can you look in Explore and see if you have 3 MIDI assignments?  In Opera, I have it set to use the default app to play MIDI files.  I knew there were two different MIDI formats.  But my Explore File Types snapshot shows that there are at least three file extensions associated with MIDI.  I wonder if you have all three of these setup in Windows???

headbang
PostPosted: 11/02/2004 12:18 AM Reply with quote
Citation
bigR
Citation
Posts 3489
Word Cnt. 137,488
BDay Mar 5
Sign Pisces
blank.gif
I have MID and MIDI, only those 2 file extensions, and both are associated with Windows Media Player. Looks like it's the same as your associations.

The thing is, on some sites I can hear music, but on others I can't. Locally, Mozilla plays the music. So it's something about downloading with a web page, as opposed to showing the page from my hard drive.

The same thing happened with Mozilla on a Win98 SE system last night. It wouldn't play the music over the LAN, I think the same error message.
PostPosted: 11/02/2004 1:18 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Are you confident that this is a Mozilla problem or is it possible that it could be related to Windows?  I went to the Mozilla site and did a search on "unknown extension on file" and found nothing...

This is the Google search on only the phrase "unknown extension on file".  I also tried adding Mozilla or midi to the search but got only one site in another language that I couldn't translate.  I thought it was Spanish at first, but the translation was meaningless.  I also tried Portugese, French, German, and Italian with no success...

This site talks about deleting a registry entry for IE to correct a download problem that had the same error message: Help Downloading.  I don't know if it has anything to do with what you are witnessing though...

headbang
PostPosted: 11/02/2004 1:33 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
I found a discussion about your Mozilla problem...

Mozilla won't play embedded MIDI files on *any* website.

headbang
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> How To