alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Arcade Q
Goto page: 1, 2  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Arcade Q
PostPosted: 06/18/2008 8:05 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Karen
Citation
Posts 1253
Word Cnt. 68,166
BDay Nov 9
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 8:44 AM
greatbrE.gif
I've asked on the support board for the arcade and the last thing posted was 'Did I have phpMyAdmin?' so I'm assuming that means doing something in my database ?

Anyway what I'm wanting to do is remove/reset the Best All Time Player...

Any ideas??

flower
View user's profile Find all posts by Karen Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Arcade Q
PostPosted: 06/18/2008 12:35 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 4:44 AM
peace.gif
I believe the scores are stored in the phpbb_ina_at_scores table.  You can use phpMyAdmin to delete the records by selecting all the records that you want to delete then scroll down and choose Delete Selected.  If you use MySql-Front to access the database, you can simply highlight all the records that you want to delete then right-click and choose the Delete Record option.  If you want to get rid of all the scores, you can choose the Empty Table option...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 06/18/2008 2:27 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Karen
Citation
Posts 1253
Word Cnt. 68,166
BDay Nov 9
Sign Scorpio
greatbrE.gif
Ooh ok I'll look and see if I can see, although someone else has won more trophies and the name didn't change.
View user's profile Find all posts by Karen Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 06/18/2008 2:35 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
If it is basing the top winner by the username, then sweetiepeas will win.  Many records are assigned to sweetiepeas even though there are many different user_ids listed for her in that table.  That looks like a bug...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 06/18/2008 2:50 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Karen
Citation
Posts 1253
Word Cnt. 68,166
BDay Nov 9
Sign Scorpio
greatbrE.gif
Hmm I an see my IP allocated to someone else, and its an old username I had - not my current one  dontknow
And others to different people... what should I do, is it worth resetting it all to see what it does? Is it likely to be my doing (as in something wrong when I added the mod)

Thanks NR  flower
PostPosted: 06/18/2008 3:04 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
I have no idea what is causing the problem.  It could be a flaw in the MOD for all I know.  You could empty the table and then check the records to see how they are being assigned.  If you empty the table, you might have members who aren't happy about losing their scores though...

munky2
PostPosted: 06/18/2008 3:13 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Karen
Citation
Posts 1253
Word Cnt. 68,166
BDay Nov 9
Sign Scorpio
greatbrE.gif
I reset it all not so long ago, they didn't mind that much  hysterical2

Could you explain how I empty the table and then how would I check the records?

Thanks  headbang
PostPosted: 06/18/2008 3:46 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Before doing anything, you probably should create a good backup of the entire database, just in case...

To empty a table in phpMyAdmin, first select the database in the left panel if it isn't already selected.  Then click on the table name that you want to empty:

Then at the top right of the right panel, you should see the Empty tab.  It will be on the second row of the right panel if the browser window is too small and the tabs wrap...

After clicking on the Empty tab, it will ask you if you are sure you want to continue.  If you are sure, you would click the Yes button:

The table will now be empty...

headbang
PostPosted: 06/30/2008 6:21 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Karen
Citation
Posts 1253
Word Cnt. 68,166
BDay Nov 9
Sign Scorpio
greatbrE.gif
Oh how weird I thought I'd replied to this last night, anyway it didn't get rid of names. I also emptied the highscores table and the sessions table as suggested on the arcade site.
Very odd!
sunny
PostPosted: 06/30/2008 10:40 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
I played around with it a bit and finally got it to delete the high scores by emptying the phpbb_ina_user_data table and deleting the 6 arcade files in your cache folder.  That seemed to do the trick.  Before that, I set the highscore_id and at_highscore_id fields to 0 for all games in the phpbb_ina_games table.  That didn't seem to help.  I also emptied the phpbb_ina_log table but that didn't help either...

munky2
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support