alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
firefox and screen size
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Re: firefox and screen size
PostPosted: 08/20/2008 7:35 AM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 6:30 PM
usaCa.gif
but what you didn't see on that list was fishead cartoons, its one page two and it was top of number one for years, as was fisheadtackle. If you type in fisheadcartoons, I should be on top but I am not, catchin.com and other sites that use my name in google keywtrods or other trickery have surpassed me in my own name. That makes me so mad.

I was thinking, maybe I should add a link in your forum some where under fishing cartoons, then have just a post with a link to my sites. Thats the sort of thing people do, ca;;ed networking, but one has to be carefull because some sites are only interested in helping themselves and they will list not fishing cartoons to help but fishead cartoons to direct my traffic through them. Thats what catch'n is doing. I will say right here that I posted a video on their site, the video s still listed in google but the code is cut in half, they broke the link so I get no credit, no link, they stole my key words for that video, and that is where my anger comes from.

I also noticed last nite, that after removing all my urls from my google link map, that google replaced it with the same map. So I replaced it again, then thought, well they will just do that again and another 24 hours lost, so I just deleted it alltogether and then inserted a new sitemap. Tyhen I remembered if I don't leave a comma after each url, even if they are on one line each  in notepad, that they will all run togther and so I fixed that and saved another 24 hiour wait.

Now I see they have a new csf or (some letters) for these sitemaps, I tried and windows wouldn't except the file format, but I think it is excell. I hate excell and never took the time to learn to use it, but thats what google does, makes things harder and harder and so people pay companies to do this stuff for them, called ... what you call them, website promotion, marketing. It costs thousands, but a lot of people don't make that money back, others do and try to do it without having a marketer and your in my boat. The web is changing, the small guy getting by a little knowledge is going out the window as more and more complex marketing is required to compete in google anymore. Once people figure out you are getting a little traffic, you start seeing sites like I found, fishEad cartoons and that sort of thing, like vultures plucking eyes out, there is no dignity anymore.

That page you posted rb is going out as is most all my pages, my websites will be smaller, streamlined and more focussed on certain key names. I'm done making banners and logos, don't have time.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 08/20/2008 9:16 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 4:30 AM
texasC.gif
I typed in fishheadcartoons and got YOU right at the top!

http://www.google.com/search?ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&q=fisheadcart oons&btnG=Google+Search

View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 08/20/2008 9:20 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Quote:
I was thinking, maybe I should add a link in your forum some where under fishing cartoons, then have just a post with a link to my sites. Thats the sort of thing people do, ca;;ed networking

Dave, go ahead and do/post whatever you think will help you.  Or tell me what I can do to help.

fish
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 08/20/2008 9:29 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Quote:
you start seeing sites like I found, fishEad cartoons and that sort of thing, like vultures plucking eyes out

fishEad cartoons points to your site, Dave!!

blob8
PostPosted: 08/20/2008 11:16 AM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
ok heres the thing rb, they are hijacking my traffic, that might eventually point to my site but it is not my site and you know they are shady when they change my spelling and add capital and junk. They are in fact stealing from me, not helping me.

Here is my new look, check it in FF and IE, it should look pretty close to being the same. The links won't all work yet, I only have the index finished and will use it as a template.

http://www.fisheadcartoons.com/

I was doing some looking, needed to find my site in IE and noticed something about spam and catrina. I just wonder if that hacker didn't hurt me, and I think this spam thing is from that site you listed, they are spamming people under my name. they list my website, they are on top of google so everyone goes there first, then they spam with ads and it isn't even their site. That should be me on top with my own name. These people are thieves and it is the norm on the web right now as most everybody does not understand how this concept works. To get an understanding, It would be like me making a page called what ever that site was named with my link, about.com or whatever, and getting listed under their name above them in google, and diverting all their traffic through my site, then hiding a link in between a bunch of ads. that is stealing, it is what catchn.com does and a whole lot of other forums and websites. There is no internet law. Thieves I say, thieves. Now just by me mentioning that catchn uses my domain name to steal my traffic, some day google may pick up on my words and that will be my payback, see how they like manipulating google. Next will be all those sites who are stealing my traffic, about.com and all, I will write up about what they do on my forum for people to see.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 08/20/2008 11:43 AM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Its like this rb, if they list me under fishing cartoons, they are helping me, but they are not, they are listing me under fisheadcartoons, and I own that domain, I paid money for that so I am entittled to be listed on the top of goggle with my name. Why would I want people to type in my name and go to another directory when google is a directory? Then maybe go to another directory, to another directory and all having ads making money off my name, and maybe never ending up at my site at all?

And thats not all, what this outfit did was bought all the close names to mine, like with fisheadCartoons.com to ensure they have the advantage over me with my own domain. So thats what the web is doing, its getting ugly, we don't need more directories likie google who use google, we need more directories but these outfits are just lowlife thieves.

One more thing, when I said I want to add a link on your forum, I want fishing cartoons, thats the traffic I want to capitalize on, and I do not want to add my domain name, I mean I of couse do alreasdy do that, but I want to manipulate google with fishing cartoons with a well written thread. The difference with your site and catchn (and the others), if you want to see for yourself, now notice in all these sites using my domain name your forum does not show up, now does it? See the difference between honesty and crooks? After all the posts in here you sure would think I would be listed, but not so. So why is it I posted a few times in  catchn and they have me all over google, stealing mky traffic? Because they purpousely added my domain name and keywords into their metatags. Its a game they play, and most people don't understand the rules.  The reason I am talking openly about catchn is because hoggie doesn't run it anymore, its that programer that did this to me to begin with, now he owns catchn and will never stop abusing my domains.
PostPosted: 08/20/2008 12:34 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
UH OH

I just noticed something at that site I posted, those little "Edit" buttons next to each section!  For a second there I thought you could actually edit the content.  You can't but it does show the code and anyone can copy it.

I think I'm beginning to see what you mean, Dave, about how this works but if Google won't cooperate I don't see how a person can stop it.

Crying or Very sad
PostPosted: 08/20/2008 12:41 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Yep.  I checked out

http://www.fisheadcartoons.com/

and it looks the same in Seamonkey, Firefox and IE.

blob8
PostPosted: 08/20/2008 12:46 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
About that site, Dave:  http://www.aboutus.org/FiSheadCartoons.com

I'm  still worried about it.  I haven't tried it but it sounds like if anybody registered and logged in they would be able to edit the contents that are listed for you.  Am I right?

dontknow
PostPosted: 08/21/2008 10:22 AM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Rb, I am listed in google, I don't want or need sub directories listing me at all, they make me so mad.

Looks the same in those but did you know that vista has its own look? Yes and that really complicates things. My laptop has a widescreen so it looks a lot different. So I have to check that too.

To be honest I found some errors. It took awhile. One small thing, my CC was out of date and my main site with IX (fisheadcartoons) was due to expire in december and I had it set at manual so good thing I noticed. These things matter in listings, the amount of time, like especially for domain name resgistrations, thats why I have fisheadtackle for 5 years with godaddy. I wonder if this doesn't hurt, having name with them but the site with IX...? I wish IX would except transfers in but they don't or didn't when I wanted to do it.

The errors were so bad I am ashamed to admit, but I had a redirect url set on fisheadcartroons to go to fishead tackle and I thought I had turned it off. Well that explains about the fisheadcartoons partr, but doesn't explain about fisheadtackle losing position, so I wonder if its the fact that the name is registered with godaddy and not IX.
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support