alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
firefox and screen size
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
firefox and screen size
PostPosted: 06/14/2008 2:39 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 5:56 PM
usaCa.gif
When I use full screen firefox works ok but when I downsize the screen the right column is displaced, and if I make it smaller yet the center column falls out of place. Works fine in ie. I can't find anything about how to fix this. Any ideas? It looks ok with vista with widescreen like my laptop has.

If not I may give up on firefox again and only use it for some sites.

http://www.fisheadtackle.com/index.html
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
Re: firefox and screen size
PostPosted: 06/15/2008 11:51 AM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Nevermind, I am trying to make the page/template using tables. I'm in a little over my head so I do what I can get to work (html). Using tables is extremely hard to keep order but at least it looks the same in all browsers, all sizes. I have been working on it for probably 6-8 hours and about 3/4 done on first page.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 06/15/2008 1:09 PM Reply with quote
Citation
mojo
Citation
Posts 8935
Word Cnt. 174,404
BDay Nov 26
Sign Sagittarius
Local time: 3:56 AM
usaCa.gif
good luck fish, if anyone can do it, you can! headbang
PostPosted: 06/15/2008 5:24 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
texasC.gif
Go for it Dave!  Jump in with both feet don't tip toe around the way I do.

Applause
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 06/16/2008 5:49 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
well i finished but don't know how long I will be using all tables to get what I want.

www.fisheadtackle.com
PostPosted: 06/16/2008 6:51 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
It looks great!

Applause
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 06/16/2008 8:55 PM Reply with quote
Citation
mojo
Citation
Posts 8935
Word Cnt. 174,404
BDay Nov 26
Sign Sagittarius
usaCa.gif
yep it does!!!
PostPosted: 08/19/2008 8:31 AM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
rather than start a new thread and look all the more stupid i will rant here. I learned a lot about code since i posted this, still have trouble with ff being different from iE but i have other problems to worry about that seem huge. I hearned some on using css style codes in head section, still struggling with getting a link to work to a css page but working on that soon.

My problem is with google now, yesterday I tried to show someone my site and did a quick goog and saw I lost al my top positions. I know I had an error or few, but wow I got knocked out big time and now all these sites with less content are ahead of me. My sitemaps had too many pages, I actually removed them and but my main site and then only listed a few pages instead of every page, that was dumb. I am now trying to get back to more cartoons and less other stuff and see if I can recover some of my traffic. I am still going ahead with the plan to make fisheadcartoons my main cartoon site, which now has dropped completely off page one in google under fishing cartoons and fisheadcartoons, my own name. So I stripped everything and only going to have my better cartoons on there and I plan to write cartoons as much as possible like others do. There is s lot of people using fisHead and spellings like that and they are passing me up in fisheadtackle, so I don't know what to do there. I think maybe cut that site back to a few pages of cartoons and push the otherstuff more. Anyway I've been upset finding that out. The internet is changing, now people are in networks and its hard to compete, especially when I babysit all the time and so my website work falls behind. Anyway I have learned enough for now, now its roll up my sleeves and get back at working on my cartoon section and the learning and everything else will have to take a backseat for awhile. I wish I had about teb helpers, lol, this stuff is just too hard for me and I really struggle only to get slapped in the face by google over and over.
PostPosted: 08/19/2008 10:21 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
I Googled Fishing Cartoons, which is what would come to mind if I was looking for fishing cartoons, and you do show up on the first page but down a bit.  Have you noticed that the others have the words cartoon, fishing cartoons or toons in their URL?  I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

PostPosted: 08/19/2008 10:24 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
I LOVE the banner on this page!

http://www.fisheadtackle.com/Logos.html

blob8
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support