alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
how do this
Goto page: 1, 2  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
how do this
PostPosted: 02/10/2008 4:03 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 9:19 PM
usaCa.gif
I want to learn a little, if anyone has time and patience, I am stumped at beginning but I think I follow most of the rest.

What is DIY?
Quote:
DIY INSTRUCTIONS ]---

What is ACP? Is that in my control panel and is it hard to do?
Quote:
#Please note: After installing this mod, you will need to update these settings via the ACP.
Using the "Configuration" link Smile

Where do I find SQL? I think thats in my control panel, right?
[quote][ SQL ]--------------
Quote:
#
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('meta_language', 'en');

Like I said, I think I can do the rest maybe, or will try. Its on my practice forum.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
Re: how do this
PostPosted: 02/10/2008 5:37 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 7:19 AM
texasC.gif
I don't know what DIY is  ...... sorry

ACP is Administrators Control Panel.  The link is at the bottom of your Index page

I think you can get to the phpMyAdmin (SQL) through the Host Control Panel.  We have a link in our ACP but I don't see one in your ACP

Here is the link in the Host Control Panel that will take you to the phpMyAdmin page.  I think that's the place you're talking about when you say "SQL".  Although there is also a link to MySQL Server as you can see.   Look around and see what's there.  Click around.  Just don't delete anything.  LOL

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 02/10/2008 6:45 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Do It Yourself, maybe thats what DIY instructions are. Thanks rb, i'll check those out.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 02/10/2008 7:03 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Would it be like one of these:
DIY INSTRUCTIONS #Please note:
After installing this mod, you will need to update these settings via the ACP.
Using the "Configuration" link Smile
[ SQL ]  

(INSERT INTO phpbb_config)

PostPosted: 02/10/2008 7:28 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Or, am I in the right place now doing the right thing at the right time?

PostPosted: 02/10/2008 8:21 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
I'm sorry Dave but I'm not qualified to advise you on this.  Not at all.  I will send Blake a heads up and hopefully he will have time to give you some help.  He is usually out of town on Sunday evenings so not sure when he can get to it.  

If you aren't sure you might want to wait.  At any rate make a backup!!!

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 02/11/2008 2:09 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
I think I have these meta tags filled out right. I plan on adding these in my forum soon. I did it in the practice forum just to get aquainted, so hopefully I am ready for the real thing.

http://www.fisheadcartoons.com/downloads/metaxxxxxxhow.txt
PostPosted: 02/12/2008 4:07 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
rb, how do I back up my forum? Just drag it to a folder on my pc?
PostPosted: 02/12/2008 4:16 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
There are really two parts that need backing up, the phpBB2 folder which contains all your forum files and the data base which is loacated on the hosts server.  

The phpBB2 folder you can drag to a folder on your HDD from the FTP reader, OR use the Queue method which I recommand.  The phpBB2 name is covered in the snap shot but that's the folder I clicked.

When you get to, and click on, the Select Folder opinion in the last box Explorer opens and you select the folder you want to download to.  Select your folder (might be a good idea to have one already prepared on your HDD although you get a choose of making a folder).  When you click the folder you want to place the phpBB2 folder and contents in the transfer will start.  How often you backup this folder depends on how often you make changes to your forum.  I backup every couple of months or so.  THE DATABASE IS SOMETHING ELSE, IT NEEDS TO BE BACKED UP EVERY DAY.  Next post ....

PostPosted: 02/12/2008 4:47 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
The database is located in phpMyAdmin.  It a good idea to back up your data base every day and before you make any major changes in case things go South.  Select the database you want to back up

Then click on Export

On the bottom of the page check Save as File, "gzipped" and then the Go button.  First look at the large box above that and make sure certain little boxes are checked there, shown is what we have checked.  After you click Go you will be asked where you want to save the file.

Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support