alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Added Gallery...
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Announcements Add To Bookmarks
Added Gallery...
PostPosted: 11/28/2004 5:18 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 3:41 PM
peace.gif
I added a fully functional Gallery that allows our members to view and add their artistic and photographic masterpieces for all to see.  The Gallery is now fully integrated with phpBB so there is no need to register there if you are registered here and logged in...

There are a bunch of different themes (skins) to choose from.  Be sure to check out all of them...

Anyone can view everyone's public albums.  You can add comments to each picture and you can rate them too.  There is a slide show feature which allows you to view the pictures in each album automatically.  You can even send a picture to friends and family as an E-Card...

To add an album, you will have to switch to Admin Mode first.  Once in Admin mode, you should be able to see the Create / Order my albums button.  Click on it to see a page similar to the following:

Click on the New button and replace the"New Album text in the edit box below to the Album name you prefer.  Then press the Apply Modifications button and you now have an empty album that can be found in the User galleries...

Now you will want to upload pictures into your new Album.  Click on the Upload file link to get started.  That should bring you to a page that looks like the following.  Currently you can upload up to 10 pictures at a time from your PC and 10 pictures from a Web site.  AFAIK, there is no way to upload a batch of pictures at a time yet...

URLs have to be fully qualified.  This is the format required to upload a picture from a URL addy:
Code:
http://4fxearth.net/images/blake/scuba/Scuba1.jpg

After you have entered all the pictures that you plan to upload in the session, click on the Continue button at the bottom of the page.  That will take you to a page that looks similar to the following:

Click on the Continue button to move to the following page that will look something like this:

If you have created more than one album, you can choose the album you want the image to reside in.  Then you can enter the "File Title", "File Description", and "Keywords".  The Keywords can be used so that our members can easily find your pictures by doing a search.  I usually include my member name along with other descriptive keywords for each picture.  Once you have entered everything you want for the graphic, click on the Continue button.  You will need to go through this process for each picture that you uploaded...

Once you have assigned File title, description, and keywords to all the uploaded pictures and click on the Continue button, you will see a page that looks similar to this:

When you click on the Continue button, you will be returned to the Main Gallery Index.  To view the album that you just uploaded, simply click on the User galleries link...

To view your albums under the Category created for your member name in the Main Index, you can simply ask me to move it for you and I will be more than happy to oblige.  Currently there is no method for registered members to take this final step on their own...

You cannot upload BMP of GIF files into an album at this time...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Announcements