alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
CREATION
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Poetry Corner Add To Bookmarks
CREATION
PostPosted: 07/31/2007 7:15 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Katy
Citation
Posts 10748
Word Cnt. 424,312
BDay Jan 15
Sign Capricorn
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 2:47 AM
usaCa.gif
Creation by Mary kay Sawyers

I"m just not as smart as you
And you think I'm being antagonistic
When we argue about creation
You say my version is rediculous.

But I just can't understand how
First there was a void or nothing
And then it exloded as you say
The universe was in the making.

But I still think it was a miracle
Created by a very powerful brain
That gave us this beautiful world
And over us he will forever reign.

I guess I choose to believe in Him
As opposed to a scientific theory
When its time to meet my maker
I'll not have a last minute queary

Last edited by Katy on 08/01/2007 7:11 AM; edited 1 time in total
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Katy Send private message  
Re: CREATION
PostPosted: 07/31/2007 7:27 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Local time: 1:47 AM
texasC.gif
Well put, Katy.

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 07/31/2007 10:19 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 3:47 AM
peace.gif
The old it takes something to make something argument.  So if you can't understand the void, then the bang, how do you explain the existance of God without explaining his/her creation and how?  If it takes a powerful being to create all that we can observe, just think of what it would have taken to create a god that could have created all of that.  But then again, you would be stuck trying to explain what created the thing that had the power to create a god that could create all that we can observe.  Based on that argument, there would never have been a beginning because in the beginning, something would have had to come out of nothing in order to start the ball rolling, which flies in the face of a void followed by a big bang AND a god that came from nothing which then was able to create everything.  So by rejecting the Big Bang theory, you also have to reject the likelihood of god since neither could have materialized out of nothing.  If you believe that it is possible for God to materialize from nothing, then you have to agree that the Big Bang theory is equally plausible...

dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 08/01/2007 7:14 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Katy
Citation
Posts 10748
Word Cnt. 424,312
BDay Jan 15
Sign Capricorn
Local time: 2:47 AM
usaCa.gif
Quote:
how do you explain the existance of God without explaining his/her creation and how?

As I said NR in my last stanze:"I choose to"
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Katy Send private message  
PostPosted: 08/01/2007 1:57 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Ok, you have that right Katy.  But it should be clear that the argument makes no more sense than the Big Bang theory since the claim is that it is impossible for something to spring from nothing.  Neither your chosen beliefs nor the Big Bang theory pass the smell test that you use to reject one while accepting the other.  If the latter is impossible, the former must be too based on that argument...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 08/01/2007 2:15 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
I think the precept is that God has no beginning or end, he is the Alpha and Omega.  He always was and always will be.  God is Love.  Unending.

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 08/01/2007 2:55 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
If you think that argument is possible, then you have to also accept that all the other theories are plausible too and that any and all could be wrong.  If the Big Bang could not come out of nothing and if its not possible that the univierse could have been eternal without a beginning, then the argument that God could be eternal with no beginning has no logical meaning either...

If it is not possible that the universe was always here and it is not possible that something can come from nothing, then it is equally impossible that god could have no beginning.  Without an explanation on the creation of god, then it is not possible to reject the possibilities of all other theories and choosing one over the other just doesn't make logical sense.  Where does god come from if (s)he wasn't created?  Did (s)he materialize out of nothing???

dontknow
PostPosted: 08/01/2007 3:13 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Quote:
Did (s)he materialize out of nothing???

Probably

sunny
PostPosted: 08/01/2007 3:37 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
If the universe could not have materialized out of nothing, then god could not have materialized out of nothing either.  Rejecting the possibility of one is a rejection of both possibilities since it is argued that something can't materialize from nothing...

munky2
PostPosted: 08/01/2007 4:13 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Quote:
If the universe could not have materialized out of nothing,

I don't reject that possibility.  In the bible it says first there was a void or words to that effect.  I think it's understood that God created the world out of nothing.

I don't have a problem with evolution.  

sunny
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Poetry Corner