alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Going back to the main forum page...
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Bugs/Suggestions/Comments Add To Bookmarks
Going back to the main forum page...
PostPosted: 03/24/2005 1:49 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Spider
Citation
Posts 3792
Word Cnt. 212,332
BDay Jan 21
Sign Aquarius
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 8:36 AM
blank.gif
When in a thread, the option of going back to the main page of that particular forum has moved to the right of the screen. I think it was better when it was to the left and alone. As it is now, it is one of the many options one has on the right...

This is how it looks

It's a little hard to find when you want to go back to the main page of the forum... I would like it to be next to the reply button instead...
View user's profile Find all posts by Spider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Phoogle Map Google Talk
Re: Going back to the main forum page...
PostPosted: 03/24/2005 5:58 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 6:36 AM
texasC.gif
I think I agree with you Spider.  I'm not sure what all has changed, that is in all the styles.  Not sure if they are all alike or not right now but I know I find myself looking for that link you're talking about and before it was right there easy to see.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 03/24/2005 7:04 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
I spent a lot of time last night getting the View Topic pages in all the templates to be as standard as possible so that you could expect to see the links in the same place regardless of which template you were in.  The arrangement of these links seemed to make the most sense because it balanced out well with the Topic Title.  Whenever I make a cosmetic change like this, I have to do it in 12 files, not just one and it can take a long time...

Can't you get used to seeing those links on the right?  It's not that far from where it was on the left...

I don't like this behavior though.  I may have to go through ALL the templates to try to fix this.  But when I do, I don't want to have to change it over and over and over again because people don't like the position of this or that.  So if we can get a consensus on what everyone would like to see, then I could make the change JUST ONCE...

This isn't good:

dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 03/24/2005 4:03 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 6:36 AM
texasC.gif
No, that isn't good!  I think we are all in agreement here.  Your screen shot shows exactly what Spider's does and we all agree that is not good.

This is good!  As long as the links are so clearly defined I guess it wouldn't matter if they were on the left or right.

View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 03/25/2005 4:35 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
I changed the links around a bit more in the View Topic page today, so hopefully the change will meet with everyone's satisfaction and approval.  The View Topic page links should display a lot better than they were before...

I'm happy that you like the look of the Information Panel.  I'm going to try to make all of the Information panels on the other pages to look nearly identical...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 03/26/2005 5:17 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Spider
Citation
Posts 3792
Word Cnt. 212,332
BDay Jan 21
Sign Aquarius
blank.gif
rb2d2xp wrote:
No, that isn't good!  I think we are all in agreement here.  Your screen shot shows exactly what Spider's does and we all agree that is not good.

This is good!  As long as the links are so clearly defined I guess it wouldn't matter if they were on the left or right.

Did I upset anyone? If that is the case I am terribly sorry... I just spoke out my opinion...
View user's profile Find all posts by Spider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Phoogle Map Google Talk
PostPosted: 03/26/2005 9:51 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
No you didn't upset anyone at all.  You voiced your opinion about a change that I made which you observed wasn't working very well and rb agreed with you.  I hadn't seen a page with a long subject line, so I had no idea how bad things got when the subject was longer than 3 characters.  The test thread in the Test forum that I was using when I standardized all of those pages, had the subject "tets" or something to that effect...

I probably would have quickly gone back and modified the pages some more after seeing some normal length subject lines on a view topics page.  But since I was in the midst of trying to resolve some bigger problems, I really didn't have any time to read what was being posted, so I'm happy you brought it to our attention...

At first I was a little miffed that you brought what appeared to be a minor and nitpicky issue to my attention when I was feeling a lot frustrated and tired after working on the Quick Reply bugs that have been plaguing us for some time.  I managed to fix some of the bugs but the emoticon and bbcode panels no longer work in any template.  You might have noticed by now that they no longer work in genRock like they were previously.  I have posted a message for the developer, but he seems to be ignoring all support questions at the moment.  Sadly, I may never get a response...

The Quick Reply Option now has an Advanced and Basic setting in the Profile.  If you turn it to Basic, the emoticons and BBCode buttons do not display and the pages load faster.  With Advanced, both display, but neither work in any template.  So basically, the Advanced mode is worthless to us at the moment.  I hope to correct that bug sometime in the future, when though, I have no clue.  I don't have any idea how that functionality works at the moment so I need help from someone who does.  There aren't any volunteers that I know of at the moment though...

I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I was mad at you.  That wasn't my intent...

munky2
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Bugs/Suggestions/Comments