alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Javascript author link
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> How To Add To Bookmarks
Re: Javascript author link
PostPosted: 10/20/2004 1:42 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 1:39 PM
peace.gif
rb2d2xp wrote:
Nope, everything still looks the same.  Are we going to try for 150 posts?   We're going to have to step it up, I think we are only at 18 or 19.  Man! how many pages would 150 posts take?  Especially if you only put one post per page!   LOL

Boy I hope that isn't another one of those trick questions.  I always get the answer wrong.  So I'm going out on a limb and guess it would take 150 pages if I change the setting to only 1 post per page.  Am I close???   Laughing

I didn't see that the code I commented out would do anything.  If you don't see any difference in Netscape and I don't see any difference in Opera, then the code probably was meaningless.  It doesn't seem to have solved our Member name riddle though...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 10/21/2004 3:26 PM Reply with quote
Citation
bigR
Citation
Posts 3489
Word Cnt. 137,488
BDay Mar 5
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 12:39 PM
blank.gif
Quote:
<span class="name">Nightrider</span><br><span class="postdetails">Site Admin<br>

Code:
&lt;span class="name"&gt;<a name="1547"></a><b><a href="javascript:pn('Nightrider');">Nightrider</a></b>&lt;/span&gt;&lt  ;br&gt;&lt;span class="postdetails"&gt;Site Admin&lt;br&gt;

I put the coding into a "code" tag here. I don't remember if I previewed my post, but when I saw it just now, the JS was rendered in my post, instead of showing the code.  I hope this works, and shows the script:
href="javascript:pn('Nightrider');"

That's the curiosity. what does the pn script do? I assume it's not anywhere on the page, nor in a separate .js file downloaded with the page. But Mosilla and NS insiste it's a link. It just doesn't go anywhere.
PostPosted: 10/21/2004 11:51 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Code:
&lt;span class="name"&gt;<a name="1547"></a><b><a href="javascript:pn('Nightrider');">Nightrider</a></b>&lt;/span&gt;&lt  ;br&gt;&lt;span class="postdetails"&gt;Site Admin&lt;br&gt;

The following is what the actual code looks like.  Note that it is quite a bit more cryptic than your Source View above reveals...

Code:
<span class="name"><b>{postrow.POSTER_NAME}</b></span><br /><span class="postdetails">{postrow.POSTER_RANK}</span>

There was a hyperlink in this code that didn't include any Subject so it shouldn't have had any noticeable effect for anyone.  It is represented by this in your code:  <a name="1547"></a>.  I had hoped that commenting it out would have made a difference for you in Netscape/Mozilla.  But since it didn't, I removed it...

The {postrow.POSTER_NAME} variable is assigned somewhere else and the key to solving this riddle is knowing exactly what is assigned to it.  So far I see nothing that even remotely resembles something like <a href="javascript:pn('Nightrider');">Nightrider</a> being assigned to the variable...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 10/22/2004 4:46 PM Reply with quote
Citation
bigR
Citation
Posts 3489
Word Cnt. 137,488
BDay Mar 5
Sign Pisces
Local time: 12:39 PM
blank.gif
It doesn't hurt anything, just a link that goes nowhere in Mozilla. Let's leave well enough alone. Maybe someday you'll come across some clue what it's supposed to do.
PostPosted: 10/22/2004 8:49 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Local time: 11:39 AM
texasC.gif
Darn!!  We didn't even close to 150 posts.  I sure was looking forward to those 150 pages!

View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 10/22/2004 11:49 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
bigR wrote:
It doesn't hurt anything, just a link that goes nowhere in Mozilla. Let's leave well enough alone. Maybe someday you'll come across some clue what it's supposed to do.

Since you say it doesn't hurt anything, it won't be a big deal to ignore it for now.  So I agree with you that it wouldn't hurt to leave well enough alone for now.  I will keep my eye open for this and hopefully some day, I can resolve this riddle...  

headbang
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> How To