alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Mod Suggestions
Goto page: 1, 2  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Mod Suggestions
PostPosted: 08/25/2006 10:16 PM Reply with quote
Sparrow
Sesco
Sparrow
Posts 42
Word Cnt. 1,870
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
Local time: 7:44 PM
usaCa.gif
I have been searching for mods and have found so many I need to know
names of the mods for calendar of events, BBode enhancements, any suggestions would be helpful to dress up the forum. I am not sure I can load them and will need instructions. How did you get the blue dot to display. Thank you
Re: Mod Suggestions
PostPosted: 08/26/2006 11:07 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 8:44 PM
peace.gif
You probably will want the Topic Calendar MOD for events.  There are lots of good MODs in the phpBB MOD Database.  You should read through what is available and download everything that you think you want installed on your site...

A great many of the MODs available in the phpBB MOD Database are installed here, so you can test them and play around to see how they work and whether that is something you would want on your site.  In the RCF Announcements forum, I submitted topics for many of the MODs that I installed and mentioned what they do and how to use them.  You might want to look through what is posted there...

Also, I made a list of all MODs installed in RCF in the MODs Installed in RCF... topic.  Also, if you have trouble finding any MOD installed here, it's possible that I've already made it available in our phpBB MODs Available for download page...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 08/29/2006 2:48 AM Reply with quote
Sparrow
Sesco
Sparrow
Posts 42
Word Cnt. 1,870
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
usaCa.gif
Every mod I have tried to install shows

Critical Error:
Function Trace: main[1]->modio_prep[2]

FTP ERROR: login failed

Can you explain what I am doing wrong.

Thank You
PostPosted: 08/29/2006 3:21 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
This happens when the FTP login details change and the EM settings have not been updated.  To correct this problem, go into EM Settings in your ACP MOD Center and update the FTP Login details.  Then press Submit.  EM will tell you whether the new login information worked or not...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 08/29/2006 1:38 PM Reply with quote
Sparrow
Sesco
Sparrow
Posts 42
Word Cnt. 1,870
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
usaCa.gif
Nightrider this is over my head. I went in and looked. I tried to get the calendar of events to load and it doesn't even show up in the easymod. The mod you did load is neat. This is all so new and it would take some time for me to learn this. I wonder why the calendar mod won't appear? I am sorry about all of this. I will link back to this site once I get this figured out. Thanks so much for all your help. I am stuck.
PostPosted: 08/29/2006 5:00 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Two years ago, this was all new to me too.  The day before I installed RCF, I had never even heard of phpBB.  Once you work with it a while, php and phpBB will begin to make a whole lot more sense to you.  Just take baby steps and don't beat yourself up for not being an expert on this.  It will come in time...

I would be happy to help you install some MODs until you understand the basic steps for dealing with conflicts as they arise.  Once you understand how to deal with MOD install problems, you will be able to install even the most difficult MODs in no time at all...

We still need to adjust your flash menu dimensions unless you like the way it is now.  I should be able to adjust it to fill the entire space where it is displayed...

headbang
PostPosted: 08/30/2006 2:46 AM Reply with quote
Sparrow
Sesco
Sparrow
Posts 42
Word Cnt. 1,870
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
usaCa.gif
Hi Nightrider,

I am still making decisions on the menu and should have changes made in the next couple days. I did have time to look at em codes and do understand very little of the code. Can you load the calendar of events mod for us when you have time? It is in the mod folder. It probably needs to be configured. Or tell me what files need what and I can try to do it...
We really appreciate your help. Your work is excellent.

Many Thanks, Sesco
PostPosted: 09/01/2006 1:00 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
The Calendar Events MOD was not in a format that EM could recognize, so I had to rework it quite a bit.  A lot of MODs that come from sites other than phpbb.com need to be adjusted before they can be installed.  It's too bad that there is no universal standard that all MOD authors would follow.  That would make life a lot easier...

I installed the Calendar Events MOD for you and adjusted the size of the Flash Menu so that it is more visible.  If it is too large for you now, it can be cut down or it can be moved to a different location.  Nothing is set in stone...

headbang
PostPosted: 09/01/2006 7:34 AM Reply with quote
Sparrow
Sesco
Sparrow
Posts 42
Word Cnt. 1,870
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
usaCa.gif
Thank you Brother Nightrider this is good news and very important for us to schedule up coming events. We are truly humbled and appreciate you more than you know. Many Blessings Sesco
PostPosted: 09/01/2006 7:38 AM Reply with quote
Sparrow
Sesco
Sparrow
Posts 42
Word Cnt. 1,870
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
usaCa.gif
Outstanding I just saw your work and this is exactly what we had hoped for. We are so grateful. Shalom!
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support