alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
My Mikey Avatar
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Re: My Mikey Avatar
PostPosted: 08/05/2006 1:58 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 7:56 PM
peace.gif
Did you check the folder permissions of your images/avatar folder?  It should be set to 777...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 08/05/2006 9:36 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 6:56 PM
usaCa.gif
Well by golly gee, that did it. they were 755.  All is well now.  Thanks.

Isn't it strange how the simple things sometimes elude us.  I'm creating a list do this, this and this when it comes to things that generally fall in the same pattern, but so far the list isn't doing me a darn bit of good as the same thing that worked last time doesn't this time.

OH remember .....  Everytime I try to install something with easy mod I hit that cannot cd to... blah blah....Well today I figured since I am an Amazon affiliate and someone made a mod that lets you link your associate ID with thread titles and such I would try it in the kitchen board and if it worked would put it on the other boards.
Everyone mentioned it went in smooth with the easy mod....

Well guess what.... shows up pretty as you please in EZ mod BUT! cannot cd to.   I guess I am just not to use ez.  I tried every beginning www and all I could think of and things I had written down and couldn't make it work.
Figure I'll just plod thru the manual way of doing things or not do them.

ANYWAY  THANKS for the heads up on the permissions it worked so I will make today a positive.
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 08/13/2006 2:09 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif

The reason you get this error message is because you have the dullGreen template installed in your ACP Styles Admin section:

But if you look on your FTP Server, you can quickly see that you don't have the dullGreen files and folder uploaded to your Kitchen forum template folder:

So either you need to upload the dullGreen template to your Kitchen forum or you need to delete the template from Styles Admin Management...

Then you won't be bothered by those errors dealing with the dullGreen template anymore when you attempt to install a MOD using EM...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 08/13/2006 12:14 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Hum  the dull green was deleted cause the gray icons looked stupid and I figured would take on that task later. It is deleted out of the styles now.
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 08/13/2006 12:28 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
O.K.  did the process part o.k. now it is saying it has a warning and to ask someone that knows what they are doing before continuing.

the warning is....

1 Warning(s) reported by the SQL Parser
Identifier "enable" is a reserved keyword (reference: MySQL), statement: 1, table: "phpbb_amazon_config"

Official Warning: This is a DUMB process. Commands you check off will be executed but EM does NOT check to see if these changes will negatively impact your database. You are STRONGLY advised to backup your database before making any changes. Prior to executing, you are advised to examine each command thoroughly or ask for feedback
PostPosted: 08/13/2006 12:55 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
My thoughts on it is it's o.k. to leave that one checked since I'm not re-installing. But then it's still flagged so humm...

I clicked on the the reference....LOL boy did that make a lot of sense !!  LOL  Brick wall
PostPosted: 08/13/2006 1:29 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Yes, you should be able to continue with the install.  It's too bad that these MOD authors are using SQL reserved words in their MODs.  That could become a problem down the road, but for now it's not a major issue.  Go ahead and finish the install and see what happens...

munky2
PostPosted: 08/13/2006 2:32 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Seem to be working fine.

Gotta decide whether I like it or not though they said subtle that big red $ isn't very subtle.  (Solution = make own button).

And I wonder if it being on every thread wouldn't be a turn off to users.
PostPosted: 08/13/2006 2:58 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
That almost makes your board look like a retail site or something.  If it is just a search feature on Amazon, why does it say buy anyway???

dontknow
PostPosted: 08/13/2006 3:18 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Yeah kinda makes things look tacky.   There is a thread there that says Thanks Kee and it is on that of course the search gets nill results.

Maybe ok on a book or TV forum.  but that showing up on any thread just doesn't look right.

Oh P.S.  it says buy it cause if someone clicks on the buy it button and they actually buy something from the page that comes up then the affiliate (me) will get credit for it.
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support