alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
new phpbb trying to install easymod
Goto page: 1, 2  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
new phpbb trying to install easymod
PostPosted: 04/23/2006 7:28 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 6:38 AM
usaCa.gif
My friend just installed phpbb forums and tried to install easymod well he just told me that he could not install it because the port number was wrong.  I told him to call his host, the host told him that they could not give him the port number and there was no way he could acess it remotely.  

I have no idea how to help him.  Does this mean if he can't install easymod that he will not be able to install any mods to his board?

This sounds strange to me - when I installed mine the default port worked fine.
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: new phpbb trying to install easymod
PostPosted: 04/24/2006 1:25 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 7:38 AM
peace.gif
Normally Port 21 works on most boards.  I think if your friend hits the Rescan button when he sees this message, hopefully EM will give him the Automatic detection option, of which he should use.  EM should be able to determine all the settings from that point on.  If he doesn't see the Automatic detection option, then we will have to try other tricks to get around the problem...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 04/24/2006 5:18 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
ok thanks Blake I will give this a try  headbang
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 04/24/2006 6:08 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Whoooo Hoooo   Dancing  I did it!  Thanks Blake!  I had to install it by clicking the no ftp access it would not let me install it the other way.
PostPosted: 04/24/2006 8:20 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
So does EM work without having to manually move the files when using that setting?  Did you test install a MOD to see what happens???

dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 04/24/2006 11:49 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
not yet going to try to install a mod tomorrow nite. I will let you know.
PostPosted: 04/27/2006 2:19 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
So did you get a chance to install that MOD yet???

dontknow
PostPosted: 04/27/2006 1:23 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
no not yet lol He has not told me which ones he wants installed yet.

Oh but I would like to install the admin mods that you installed on mine - but I am not sure which ones they where.  Could you please let me know so I can install them for him?   thanks Smile
PostPosted: 04/27/2006 11:22 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Jaddon, I uploaded a bunch of admin MODs to our ezdloads folder.  You should be able to install most of them with very little trouble.  Some of the MODs came from phpBBHacks.com though, so if the MODs aren't formatted correctly for EM, I probably have a version that I can replace them with.  Don't hesitate to let me know which MODs are not EM ready...

downloads/phpBB/MODs/Admin

If I missed any MODs that you want to install, I will be happy to upload them for you too.  Many of these MODs above may have newer versions available in the phpBB MOD Database, so it might be good to check before installing the ones available here at RCF...

headbang
PostPosted: 04/27/2006 11:59 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
thanks Blake

We attempted to install one today but got errors for the files that need to be copied but then I had to get off the computer in a hurry and just got back into my home about an hour or so ago.

I think we are going to have problems with installing mods that edit the database - the sql scripts godaddy seems to put many limets on their users.  I have a bad feeling that all the mods are going to have to be done by hand.  godaddy does not even allow htaccess unless you pay extra charges. Sad

I will keep you updated Smile
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support