alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
PHPBB version 2.0.20?
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
PHPBB version 2.0.20?
PostPosted: 04/14/2006 3:18 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 5:36 AM
peace.gif
I have updated RCF to phpBB 2.0.20 and all seems to be working correctly now.  With that small change above that corrected the Quote functionality, that seems to have taken care of all the obvious problems that this Update created...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: PHPBB version 2.0.20?
PostPosted: 04/15/2006 8:18 AM Reply with quote
Owl
javaidvip
Owl
Posts 153
Word Cnt. 5,208
BDay Feb 2
Sign Aquarius
Local time: 2:36 PM
pakistan2.gif
Nightrider wrote:
Quote functional

HELLO BOSS

PLZ EXPLAIN I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS THIS FUCTION

THANKS
View user's profile Find all posts by javaidvip Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Google Talk
PHPBB version 2.0.20?
PostPosted: 04/15/2006 6:03 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
The phpBB 2.0.20 Update caused a problem that you supposedly corrected if you followed the patch instructions from the previous page.  Quotes didn't work correctly anymore.  The patch corrected that problem.  Make sure that you did an AFTER ADD rather than a REPLACE WITH like I had originally suggested.  The REPLACE WITH option was wrong...

I have just uncovered a second major problem with the 2.0.20 Update.  If you allow HTML, such as tables, on your board, the 2.0.20 breaks that functionality.  I just uninstalled the 2.0.20 Udpate on the Test board and the HTML functionality is working again.  So that to me is a serious problem.  For sites that don't allow HTML, it won't be an issue...

Brick wall
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 04/16/2006 5:56 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 4:36 AM
usaCa.gif
rb2d2xp wrote:
Jaddon can you give us the link of a Simple Machines forum so we can see what it looks like?
sunny

here is their forums http://www.simplemachines.org/community/ they are using the Simple Machines forum I can find you a few others as well, I have heard from a few others who used to use PHPBB who have transfered to SM and they seem to like it alot better.  

I am not sure what I want to do, one thing that makes me not want to change is the fact it took me a long time to learn phpBB forums - lots of work for me and Blake while I was learning lol I really dont want to learn a new board lol plus if I do go with the new board who will be my Blake? I would have no one to run to when I can't figure out problems on my own.  hehehehe  I would be so lost without his help Smile
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 04/16/2006 6:02 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Nightrider wrote:
The phpBB 2.0.20 Update caused a problem that you supposedly corrected if you followed the patch instructions from the previous page.  Quotes didn't work correctly anymore.  The patch corrected that problem.  Make sure that you did an AFTER ADD rather than a REPLACE WITH like I had originally suggested.  The REPLACE WITH option was wrong...

I have just uncovered a second major problem with the 2.0.20 Update.  If you allow HTML, such as tables, on your board, the 2.0.20 breaks that functionality.  I just uninstalled the 2.0.20 Udpate on the Test board and the HTML functionality is working again.  So that to me is a serious problem.  For sites that don't allow HTML, it won't be an issue...

Brick wall

Well I still have not installed it, I am waiting on you Blake lol once you get it working right then I will attempt it Smile
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 04/17/2006 10:56 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
I just can't seem to find the time and energy to do everything I need to do.  This Update is a low priority for me right now.  It may be another week or so before I get a chance to deal with it some more...

munky2
PostPosted: 05/30/2006 4:22 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
NR have you installed the version phpBB 2.0.20 here yet?  I still have not installed it on my board.  Is is safe for me to give it a go? lol
PostPosted: 05/30/2006 4:41 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
No, I have not installed it and I may just skip this one.  It is the lowest rated Update ever, by far.  2.0.20 has been re-released twice and yet the last release seems to also have problems.  I think whoever is creating these latest updates really doesn't know what they are doing.  The lowest rated Updates so far are 2.0.18 and 2.0.20 and I'm still not happy with the way 2.0.18 works on this board.  I've been half tempted to uninstall it too...

Brick wall
PostPosted: 05/30/2006 7:45 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
wow then I wont install it.  2.0.18 that was the update that started the problem with members being logged out right?  I still have memembers who are having that problem. Sad

Can you uninstall  2.0.18 and keep  2.0.19?

What happens when they come out with  2.0.21 will it be a problem cause we dont have  2.0.20 installed?

Thanks NR I wont bother installing it then.  I saw the rating on the phpbb site not very good.
PostPosted: 05/30/2006 8:57 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Yes, you can uninstall 2.0.18.  2.0.18 is the Update that started the login problems.  It was a huge update though, so it might take you a while to remove it if you plan to do it manually...

You should check to make sure you aren't undoing anything from the 2.0.19 Update while doing it though.  It is alright to skip Updates, but that can cause conflicts between the future Update scripts and yoru board, but you already know how to resolve those conflicts.  There are many who skip updates thinking they are like Windows Service Packs, so they are completely unaware that they could be vulnerable from missing security fixes along the way...

I don't think it's going to be a major problem skipping 2.0.18 or 2.0.20.  Both seemed to do more damage than good...

Brick wall
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support