alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
New here with a question!
Goto page: 1, 2  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
PostPosted: 01/29/2006 4:43 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Karen
Citation
Posts 1253
Word Cnt. 68,166
BDay Nov 9
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 1:48 PM
greatbrE.gif
Hi all - some names I recognise from around! Found this site via Rizzo  wave Anyway I waffle on....I have an anon forum but at the top any member in there shows up as 'browsing this forum' how do I stop them from showing? Thanks  Mr. Green
View user's profile Find all posts by Karen Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 01/29/2006 5:00 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 9:48 AM
peace.gif
I assume that you installed the Anonymous Forum MOD.  If not, what did you do to create the anonymous forum???

Without manually modifying the code, unless there is a setting provided by the Anonymous Forum MOD, there probably isn't any way to do it.  I would be happy to look at your code if you don't have any options to turn off those browsing your anonymous forum.  I probably won't be able to do it tonight, but I would be happy to try to look at it tomorrow.  There are others here who might be able to help you sooner...

Laughing
Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Welcome to RCF Karen

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing
Laughing

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: New here with a question!
PostPosted: 01/29/2006 5:09 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Karen
Citation
Posts 1253
Word Cnt. 68,166
BDay Nov 9
Sign Scorpio
greatbrE.gif
Thanks!

Yes it was the anon forum mod installed.

Which code do you need to see?  No hurry, I'm just grateful you will look!
View user's profile Find all posts by Karen Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 01/29/2006 5:22 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
I just looked at Rizzo's copy of the MOD and there isn't anything there to block the names of those viewing the forum.  So I would need to modify the code in the viewforum.php and possibly the viewforum_body.tpl files.  If you can zip them up and provide a link, I will look at them next chance I get...

Which forum is your Anonymous forum?  I also need to know the forum_id.  You should be able to find that information in your phpbb_forums table or you can look in the path to the forum.  For example:

When I click on In My Opinion from the Index page, I get this path:

http://4fxearth.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

The forum id is 1 based on what is assigned to viewforum.php?f=x

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 01/29/2006 7:07 PM Reply with quote
Hawk
Rizzo
Hawk
Posts 178
Word Cnt. 4,784
BDay Mar 26
Sign Aries
Local time: 2:48 AM
newzeaC3.gif
Hey Karen  blob8

Actually i'd love to know how to do this as well...
View user's profile Find all posts by Rizzo Send private message   Visit poster's website ICQ Number
PostPosted: 01/30/2006 3:04 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Ok, I won't be needing anyone's viewtopic.php or viewtopic_body.tpl files or any other files unless there is a problem with installing this Anon Userlist MOD that I just created...

Go to the following link and search and download the anon_userlist.zip file.  Extract the file, then open the anon_userlist.txt file in your editor.  Read the Author's Notes and do as it states, or else you may end up setting the wrong Forum User List to Anonymous.  Save the anon_userlist.txt file and upload the entire folder to admin/mods like you would with any other MOD that you plan to install using EasyMod.  Run and Test...

downloads/phpBB/MODs/Cosmetic

headbang
PostPosted: 01/30/2006 6:21 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Local time: 7:48 AM
texasC.gif
Karen, I'm having a problem registering at your site.  Have tried a second time with different user name and email address but still get this error:

General Error

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 500 5.7.0 authentication failed

DEBUG MODE

Line : 132
File : smtp.php

dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 01/30/2006 4:20 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Karen
Citation
Posts 1253
Word Cnt. 68,166
BDay Nov 9
Sign Scorpio
greatbrE.gif
Oh that was due to me - I changed my password for a while and forgot to change it in my config panel  Embarassed

Thanks for finding that info out for me  Mr. Green   Will give it a go!
PostPosted: 01/30/2006 4:24 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Karen
Citation
Posts 1253
Word Cnt. 68,166
BDay Nov 9
Sign Scorpio
greatbrE.gif
One other question (not sure whether to start a new post for this) but I got the mod installed which stops members accessing certain boards until they post x amount of posts.
I wanted to change the wording of the message they get, but I can't see where to do it. I guess it must be in my posting.php file but I'm not sure which bit needs changing.

dontknow
PostPosted: 01/30/2006 5:22 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
I don't know anything about the MOD you are referring to, but the text of the messages will almost always be in your languages/lang_english/ folder.  You should check the lang_main.php file first.  The MOD may have included it's own language file, so if you can't find the text that you want to change in lang_main.php, then you should be able to find the MOD's included language file.  The best bet would be to check the MOD file itself...

headbang
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support