alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Trouble uploading English.dic for spell check
Goto page: 1, 2  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
PostPosted: 01/13/2006 2:39 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 10:17 AM
usaCa.gif
I broke down the English.dic file into 12 files which is more then I needed to break it down last time.  Every time I try to add one of the Dictionary files I get errors, one saying that I lost remote connections, and another time it shut down my site for about 5mins.  I have even updated the spell check php files and still no luck.  

Been trying to get this to upload for a few days now - out of ideas  dontknow

Thanks
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 01/13/2006 3:40 PM Reply with quote
Hawk
Rizzo
Hawk
Posts 178
Word Cnt. 4,784
BDay Mar 26
Sign Aries
Local time: 4:17 AM
newzeaC3.gif
I can't help with your problem sorry, but which spellcheck do you use?
View user's profile Find all posts by Rizzo Send private message   Visit poster's website ICQ Number
PostPosted: 01/13/2006 3:56 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 11:17 AM
peace.gif
Jaddon, something seems to be wrong with your file and/or database server.  It is taking forever to load your forum pages.  We have fought that problem here at RCF on several occasions and had to get our host to move our site to a faster server.  I wonder if this has something to do with your problem uploading your English dictionary???

dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: Trouble uploading English.dic for spell check
PostPosted: 01/13/2006 6:19 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Rizzo wrote:
I can't help with your problem sorry, but which spellcheck do you use?

phpSpell-106o the same one that NR uses here.

Nightrider wrote:
Jaddon, something seems to be wrong with your file and/or database server It is taking forever to load your forum pages.

Seems to be loading fine for me.  My host has been having problems with sql slowness, they have been performing internal DNS maintenance this week to resolve the MySQL and slowness issues.  There is a post saying that they completed this maintenance today.   Could that of been why while you where on it was slow?  I also was doing a backup of my forums while I was away from my computer could that cause the forums to run slow?

[/quote]
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 01/13/2006 9:37 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
I don't believe that you can slow down your host's servers when you do a database backup.  It is more likely that their volume of activity is to blame or that their servers are a mess.  It sounds like the latter since they've admitted to having problems.  I hope it is better now...

If your host servers are struggling, that could explain why you are having trouble uploading the English dictionary.  It used to already be loaded.  Why are you having to do it again???

dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 01/14/2006 9:52 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
its not working anymore Sad  remember you told me that I needed to install the english.dic back again - took me a while to get around to it. lol
PostPosted: 01/14/2006 10:06 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Ok, if I remember correctly, it shuts your site down if we try to load the entire dictionary at once.  So to get it loaded, you had to load it in several pieces over several days.  Am I remembering that correctly Jaddon???

Now, what is the error that you are seeing when you try to upload one of the pieces?  It looks like you already have some of it loaded.  There are  21,163 words added to your Live board phpbb_spelling_words table...

I just analyzed, repaired, and optimized your Live board phpbb_spelling_words table.  See if that helps any...

munky2
PostPosted: 01/15/2006 9:36 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Thanks - Yes I have to do it in  pieces, I tried to upload one of them and got a remote error that my sql could no longer connect but seems that some of it did get added.  That was a few days ago when I first started this topic.  I have not tried since.

I think your right, it could of been cause of the problem my host was having.  They have since fixed it so I will be trying again and see what happens. Smile

Thanks for doing a analyz, repaired, and optimized my board for me!  My host also optimized my server for me. Smile  Maybe it will work now, I am going to try again today right after I eat - starving lol
PostPosted: 01/15/2006 6:10 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Good Luck Jaddon.  I will be gone most of the night, so I may not be able to respond quickly if you run into any problems.  I will check in later when I return home though...

munky2
PostPosted: 01/15/2006 11:49 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
I added the first english.dic without any problems today.  Sorry I did not post it sooner was working on an other problem but that is not fixed as well Smile
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support