alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
phpBB 2.0.19 Released today!
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
PostPosted: 01/05/2006 4:14 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 1:28 AM
usaCa.gif
I got the same error, just delete the codes for that  from the install, you dont have to worry about it.  This is what NR said about it -
Quote:
Posted: 01/04/2006 6:43 AM    Post subject: phpBB 2.0.19 Released today!
Right.  We installed a MOD that removes these HARDCODED phpBB tables.  I can't believe that they handle it dumb like this.  All this modification does is add another HARDCODED table to the list.  That is not smart coding at all...

The MOD we installed backs up ALL tables in your database even though they aren't HARDCODED in any list like this.  This HARDCODING is DUMB, DUMB, DUMB and I'm glad we don't have that issue on our boards any longer...
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 01/05/2006 4:14 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 2:28 AM
peace.gif
Glenn, run the install/update_to_lastest.php file in your browser BEFORE you run the Update in EM.  It adds tables and fields that will be needed once the files are modified.  The presence of the install folder will prevent everyone from doing anything until it is deleted, so make sure you have the entire path set to launch on a blank page of your browser before you upload the install folder to the phpBB root.  Quickly upon completion of the upload of the folder, run the db update, then delete the install folder when it is complete...

Once your db is updated, then you are ready to worry about the 2.0.19 code changes.  The code you listed above is unnecessary on your board for the exact same reason it was unnecessary for Jaddon, Rizzo, TDQ, and everyone else I helped with their Admin functionality.  The developers of phpBB, in their infinite wisdom, HARDCODED the phpBB tables into the code.  That was just plain dumb.  The code that you provided above is adding one more HARDCODED table to the code.  Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.  Why would they do anything so dumb???

I installed a MOD on your board that fixes their stupid coding logic.  Now there is never a need to hardcode anymore tables on your board, so the code above is totally unnecessary for your needs.  Simply remove that section from the Update file, save, upload, and try again...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Re: phpBB 2.0.19 Released today!
PostPosted: 01/05/2006 4:31 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Jaddon wrote:
I dont me the link on the index page.  I mean while in the pm box the icon that appears near a new pm.

I will look into this...

Jaddon wrote:
How can I get my forum to look right for all users that are using different screen revolutions.  Like I use 800 x 600 but one of my Admins uses 1024X something forget what it is.  Anyway he says the board has a 1inch boarder all around the forums.  How can I fix my forums to look right to everyone?  He says your forum looks the same for him as it does for me but our forum does not.  This is really bugging me. Sad

This is caused from having the width HARDCODED.  You should be getting used to this word by now and be realizing that it is a bad thing to do.  This is what I'm referring to from your overall_header.tpl file:

Code:
<table width="762"

Notice that you specify that the size will always be 762 pixels wide no matter what.  That works great if everyone will have a browser window set to around 762 pixels, but for me and most others, it doesn't work that great....

So the solution is to avoid HARDCODING at all costs.  Instead of giving a HARDCODED width, give it a flexible width like this:

Code:
<table width="100%"

Of course you could make it a smaller percentage too.  Using 100% will make the page borders fit to the window rather than requiring the window to fit the page.  Experiment a bit to see how it works...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 01/05/2006 4:41 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Jaddon wrote:
I dont me the link on the index page.  I mean while in the pm box the icon that appears near a new pm.

It is trying to display this file:  

http://jaddon.com/forum/templates/jaddon/images/newpm.png

It doesn't exist.  I looked through your backups and it appears to have never existed.  Based on the name, it looks like the graphics might be custom made.  If you created this style, you need to make a New PM icon with this name or change the name in your jaddon.cfg file.  This is the variable that you would need to modify:

Code:
$images['pm_unreadmsg'] = "$current_template_images/newpm.png";

headbang
PostPosted: 01/05/2006 4:41 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Glenn I
Citation
Posts 2152
Word Cnt. 78,257
BDay Jun 15
Sign Gemini
Local time: 4:28 PM
australC_1xa.gif
so what would the address be? This isn't correct http://theaussieaviator.net/install/update_to_lastest.php I tried some others but didn't work
View user's profile Find all posts by Glenn I Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 01/05/2006 4:47 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
This will be the correct path when you upload the install folder to your public_html folder.  Once you successfully run the db update, delete the install folder so that your board will be available to everyone again.  Be careful though.  Don't delete the wrong folder in your haste to get things running again...

Shocked
PostPosted: 01/05/2006 4:59 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Glenn I
Citation
Posts 2152
Word Cnt. 78,257
BDay Jun 15
Sign Gemini
australC_1xa.gif
As Homer would say D'Oh. So your saying once I put the install folder into public_html the board will be unavailable? And I remove the install folder from public_html once the db update is done?

Will have to wait there's people on the board.
View user's profile Find all posts by Glenn I Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 01/05/2006 5:26 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Yes, once phpBB sees an install folder in its root, then it posts a message that the board is temporarily unavailable.  I wonder how many admins uploaded that folder and then went to bed without seeing that their boards were down?  I think it's another dumb idea myself...

So what I do is like I said above, in order to minimize the downtime, open a blank window in my browser and have the correct update_to_latest.php path ready to rumble.  Once the install folder and all it's contents are completely uploaded, I quickly run the DB update, then I delete the folder.  The board is only down for 30 seconds or less and most people never would have noticed...

headbang
PostPosted: 01/05/2006 5:46 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Glenn I
Citation
Posts 2152
Word Cnt. 78,257
BDay Jun 15
Sign Gemini
australC_1xa.gif
A spelling mistake in install/update_to_lastest.php. Should be latest. They made that mistake on phpbb.com.

Now another error

Quote:
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/usercp_register.php] could not find:

$strip_var_list = array('username' => 'username', 'email' => 'email', 'icq' => 'icq', 'aim' => 'aim', 'msn' => 'msn', 'yim' => 'yim', 'website' => 'website', 'location' => 'location', 'occupation' => 'occupation', 'interests' => 'interests');
$strip_var_list['confirm_code'] = 'confirm_code';

MOD script line #408 :: FAQ :: Report
PostPosted: 01/05/2006 6:05 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Download the newest copy of your includes/usercp_register.php file and open it in your editor.  Search for a line that starts with this:

Code:
$strip_var_list = array('username' => 'username'

If you find a match, just change the matching FIND in the Update file to read this:

Code:
#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Line 110
   $strip_var_list = array('username' => 'username'
   $strip_var_list['confirm_code'] = 'confirm_code';

Now the REPLACE WITH command in the Update file will be a bit trickier since it is building on and replacing existing code...

Copy the entire matching line from your usercp_register.php file to your REPLACE WITH statement.  Then at the end, before the ending parethesis, add the , 'confirm_code' => 'confirm_code' code to the script.  The REPLACE WITH command will probably look something like this now:

Code:
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------
#
   $strip_var_list = array('username' => 'username', 'email' => 'email', 'icq' => 'icq', 'aim' => 'aim', 'msn' => 'msn', 'yim' => 'yim', 'website' => 'website', 'location' => 'location', 'occupation' => 'occupation', 'interests' => 'interests', 'confirm_code' => 'confirm_code');

Don't take my word for it though because I didn't look at a fresh copy of your usercp_register.php file.  All this part of the Update script is doing is combining two lines of code into one.  It doesn't really improve or fix anything...

Save the Update file, upload it, then retry again in EM...

headbang
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support