alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
phpBB 2.0.19 Released today!
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
PostPosted: 12/30/2005 1:04 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 8:22 AM
usaCa.gif
I just removed most of the update from 18 the other day cause some of my members where still having the login problems.  Now what should I do?  I have all the backup files for the 18 update should I put them back and try updating to 19?    It does not say anything about fixing the login problem but does have an update regarding configurable maximum login attempts not sure if this will help the problem from 18 or not?

[Fix] corrected index on session keys table under MS SQL

[Fix] added session keys table to backup

[Fix] delete session keys entries when deleting user

[Fix] changes to support MySQL 5.0

[Fix] changes to some of the admin files to improve efficiency and remove a potential error condition when building the menu

[Fix] change truncation of username length in usercp_register.php - BFUK

[Fix] incorrect path to avatars in admin_users.php (Bug #667)

[Fix] fixed get_userdata to support correct sql escaping (non-mysql dbs) - jarnaez

[Fix] fixed captcha for those not having the zlib extension enabled

[Change] Placed version information above who is online in admin panel for better visual presence

[Sec] fixed XSS issue (only valid for Internet Explorer) within the url bbcode

[Sec] fixed XSS issue (only valid for Internet Explorer) if html tags are allowed and enabled

[Sec] added configurable maximum login attempts to prevent dictionary attacks
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 12/30/2005 1:39 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 9:22 AM
peace.gif
Jaddon, you can try the Update and see how it goes.  There is a chance that this Update will build on or fix some of the modifications from 2.0.18 even though they aren't listed and in that case, it may be looking for those modifications instead of what's on your board now.  In the past, I have always been able to workaround any differences between our current setup and what they were expecting to find.  The 2.0.18 Update was a real mess of an Update though, so it may be a bit harder to work out differences.  There is no way to know though until you try it...

I will be happy to help you with the Update if necessary...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 12/30/2005 1:48 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
I have a few mods I want to install - but I will have to wait on them, think I should update before adding more mods.  If I add the new mods then the backups I have for the 18 update wont be good and I really dont want to have to do it all by hand again.

Are you going to attempt to update to 19?  

I would like to wait to see what happens when others update to 19 but we want to open and this will put our open date on hold. Not sure what I want to do.

Sooner or later I am going to have to update my board anyway so maybe it would be best to just get it over with.  I am just worried about this update causing more problems like the last one did.

Which file do I use?  The changed files only, the patch or the code changes?
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 12/30/2005 2:05 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
You would want to use the following MOD Update file to Update your board:

[Tool] phpBB 2.0.18 to 2.0.19 Code Changes

It is a good sign that this Update file was made available at the same time that 2.0.19 was released.  With 2.0.18, they waited several weeks to open a topic and release a MOD file, so it was obvious that they even realized that there were problems with the Update.  Even then, their first release had to be pulled and repackaged.  Based on that, it may not be a good idea to be the first on your block to add an Update because we now know it is possible that given enough complaints, they may have to repackage all future MODs at some time too.  The 2.0.18 Update was the worst I've ever seen though, so hopefully they won't make that mistake again...

You shouldn't avoid opening your board simply because there is an Update available to be added to your board.  Since this is Open Source, there will never be an end to the Updates.  PhpBB will continue to evolve and hopefully improve as time rolls along.  PhpBB 3 may be right around the corner as well.  It was supposed to be released several years ago.  They seem to be struggling to get everything working in it though.  Area 51 is the Alpha version and test area of phpBB 3...

I am going to attempt the Update in hopes that it will correct what I believe to be annoying problems from 2.0.18.  Chances are, it could make things worse.  I will be updating the Test board first though in hopes of finding anything obviously wrong...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 12/30/2005 2:27 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Thats what I thought I should use the code changes file.  I messed up my test board Sad it is a mess now and not the same as my real board.

Let me know how it goes for you, think I will wait for you to install it Smile  If it goes well for you then I will install it on mine. Smile

Thanks
PostPosted: 12/30/2005 2:39 PM Reply with quote
Owl
javaidvip
Owl
Posts 153
Word Cnt. 5,208
BDay Feb 2
Sign Aquarius
Local time: 6:22 PM
pakistan2.gif
HELLO FRIENDS

POSSIBLE WE UPGRADE 2.0.17 TO 2.0.19

MY SERVER WORKING LUNIX

THANKS
View user's profile Find all posts by javaidvip Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Google Talk
Re: phpBB 2.0.19 Released today!
PostPosted: 12/30/2005 3:28 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Jaddon wrote:
I messed up my test board Sad it is a mess now and not the same as my real board.

We need to fix your Test board first then.  Since there is some uncertainty about this Update, we really need to see how it will react on a true mirror image of your current board before trying to install it on your live one...

munky2
PostPosted: 12/30/2005 3:31 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
javaidvip wrote:
POSSIBLE WE UPGRADE 2.0.17 TO 2.0.19

It is possible to skip Upgrades, but not usually a good idea.  But since 2.0.18 was such a mess, this time it might not hurt to make an exception...

Try Updating from 2.0.17 to 2.0.19 and see what happens.  Just like Jaddon and everyone else, you should try this Update on a Test board first before risking it on your live one...

munky2
PostPosted: 12/31/2005 12:16 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Nightrider wrote:
Jaddon wrote:
I messed up my test board Sad it is a mess now and not the same as my real board.

We need to fix your Test board first then.  Since there is some uncertainty about this Update, we really need to see how it will react on a true mirror image of your current board before trying to install it on your live one...

munky2

Brick wall I knew you would say that.  lol
PostPosted: 12/31/2005 12:50 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
It shouldn't take much to get your Test board back to being a mirror image of your current board.  All it will take is a little bit of time.  Just start with a clean slate instead of trying to fix the current Test board.  Download all the files for your Live board to your HDD, then upload them to your Test board.  Save the config.php file from the Test board so we won't have to fix it again...

munky2
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support