alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
phpBB 2.0.19 Released today!
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Re: phpBB 2.0.19 Released today!
PostPosted: 01/03/2006 3:47 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 2:33 AM
usaCa.gif
Nightrider wrote:
Yes, I should be around on Wednesday to help you Jaddon.  We can try to figure out what's going on with the login problem too...
headbang

Thanks Blake! Your the BEST!  headbang   Thanks for making a new test board for me.  Is that new test board using the same database as the older test board?  It seems to be a mirror of my old test board and my real board.   Its not the same as my real board as for topics and post, only has the same template.  

Thanks I am hoping that the new .19 fixes the log in problem.  I am getting it again, and what is happening is when we have the stay login button clicked - when we return to the forum we are still signed in  but when submitting a post or topic it asks us to log in again before allowing our post to go threw.
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 01/03/2006 5:14 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 3:33 AM
peace.gif
Yes, your Test board is using your Test Database.  So the posts are older than your live board since we restored your db backups a few weeks back.  If you need to be looking at live data, you can always upload a copy of the config.php file from your live board into your Test board.  Of course the path to the forum will eventually send you back to your live board if you do much of anything when using the Live config.php file in your Test board.  Make sure you keep a backup copy of the config.php files from both boards so you can restore them when necessary...

Your old Test board is now called test1.  If you don't have anything there that you need, you can always delete it to free up space on your server...

Have you seen the new settings in your General Admin Configuration for the Login period?  You can set the values to stay logged in and to keep the login for a very long time...

I still have to login once in a while but it doesn't seem nearly as bad as it was.  No one else is complaining, so I assume things have settled down for everyone else too.  To me, it seems like it has improved since I updated to 2.0.19.  That may be my imagination at work though...

If you haven't already done so, you might want to clear your site cookies in your browsers to see if that helps with the login problem.  You will end up having to logn again after clearing the cookies, but hopefully that will take care of part of the problem....

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 01/04/2006 6:26 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
thanks Smile

I updated to .19 and so far everything seems to be ok. Smile  

I only ran into one problem while adding the update.  In the admin/admin_db_utilities.php file the update was looking to find and replace the below code -but I don't have that code in my admin/admin_db_utilities.php file at all.  I even tried to look for parts of it but there is nothing even close to what it is looking for in my file.

Quote:
#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Line 696
$tables = array('auth_access', 'banlist', 'categories', 'config', 'disallow', 'forums', 'forum_prune', 'groups', 'posts', 'posts_text', 'privmsgs', 'privmsgs_text', 'ranks', 'search_results', 'search_wordlist', 'search_wordmatch', 'sessions', 'smilies', 'themes', 'themes_name', 'topics', 'topics_watch', 'user_group', 'users', 'vote_desc', 'vote_results', 'vote_voters', 'words', 'confirm');

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------
#
$tables = array('auth_access', 'banlist', 'categories', 'config', 'disallow', 'forums', 'forum_prune', 'groups', 'posts', 'posts_text', 'privmsgs', 'privmsgs_text', 'ranks', 'search_results', 'search_wordlist', 'search_wordmatch', 'sessions', 'smilies', 'themes', 'themes_name', 'topics', 'topics_watch', 'user_group', 'users', 'vote_desc', 'vote_results', 'vote_voters', 'words', 'confirm', 'sessions_keys');
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 01/04/2006 6:43 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Right.  We installed a MOD that removes these HARDCODED phpBB tables.  I can't believe that they handle it dumb like this.  All this modification does is add another HARDCODED table to the list.  That is not smart coding at all...

The MOD we installed backs up ALL tables in your database even though they aren't HARDCODED in any list like this.  This HARDCODING is DUMB, DUMB, DUMB and I'm glad we don't have that issue on our boards any longer...

Brick wall

Jaddon, I'm glad that the 2.0.19 Update seems to be working well for you so far...

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 01/04/2006 7:11 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Thanks for all your help, I could not of done it with out my great teacher! Smile
PostPosted: 01/04/2006 5:16 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Jaddon, you've done a pretty terrific job yourself.  Don't sell yourself short.  Your site is evolving nicely...

headbang
PostPosted: 01/04/2006 11:16 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Thanks Blake But I did have the best teacher!  headbang

I have a few problems Sad  my spell check is not working and I lost the files you sent me for it.

My icon for new pm's is not showing up cant figure it out. Sad any ideas?
PostPosted: 01/05/2006 12:40 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
The files for the Spell Checker are still available on our EZ Dowloads page.  You probably only need to upload the dictionary this time since your files are already modified...

downloads/phpBB/MODs/Add_Ons/phpBB_Spell

As for the missing PM icon, I don't quite know what you are referring to.  I don't see any place for a PM icon with your current template...

dontknow
PostPosted: 01/05/2006 1:38 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
I dont me the link on the index page.  I mean while in the pm box the icon that appears near a new pm.

How can I get my forum to look right for all users that are using different screen revolutions.  Like I use 800 x 600 but one of my Admins uses 1024X something forget what it is.  Anyway he says the board has a 1inch boarder all around the forums.  How can I fix my forums to look right to everyone?  He says your forum looks the same for him as it does for me but our forum does not.  This is really bugging me. Sad
Re: phpBB 2.0.19 Released today!
PostPosted: 01/05/2006 3:10 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Glenn I
Citation
Posts 2152
Word Cnt. 78,257
BDay Jun 15
Sign Gemini
Local time: 5:33 PM
australC_1xa.gif
Got this error

Quote:
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [admin/admin_db_utilities.php] could not find:

$tables = array('auth_access', 'banlist', 'categories', 'config', 'disallow', 'forums', 'forum_prune', 'groups', 'posts', 'posts_text', 'privmsgs', 'privmsgs_text', 'ranks', 'search_results', 'search_wordlist', 'search_wordmatch', 'sessions', 'smilies', 'themes', 'themes_name', 'topics', 'topics_watch', 'user_group', 'users', 'vote_desc', 'vote_results', 'vote_voters', 'words', 'confirm');

Also on phpbb.com it says "Make sure you run install/update_to_lastest.php after making the code changes."
View user's profile Find all posts by Glenn I Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support