alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
New print
Goto page: 1, 2  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
New print
PostPosted: 11/18/2013 5:53 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 9:25 PM
usaCa.gif
I bought an epson printer to sell my own prints and T-shirts. It prints large sizes, up to 13x19". I bought refillable cartridges and that's going well so far. The black ink was hard to get flowing but I think it works now. I really like the quality of the prints. It uses pigment ink but can also use dye for prints, but that isn't good for shirts so I stuck with pigment. I never knew there was so much involved in making T-shirts. There is the iron on with pigment, the sublimation which requires a press and the screen press. I would need 3 printers to do all. The sublimation is used to make mugs etc. That would be nice to have, so maybe someday. I just need more room for all this equipment.

Epson WorkForce WF-7010 Inkjet Printer - http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=C11CB59201
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
Re: New print
PostPosted: 11/18/2013 10:07 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 7:25 AM
texasC.gif
Nice looking printer and it does so much!  My only gripe with jet ink printers is the cost of the ink and they seem to drink it like water.  The refillable cartridges are a good idea.

You're getting into this photography/art/sales business up to your elbows aren't you.  That's great I wish you all the luck in the world.  I know you have the talent and know how. And what you don't know you will learn.

Yeah, needing more room .... space fills up quick doesn't it?  Right now I have too many PCs and I really need to downsize.  

Sounds like you're doing good, Dave, and I'm glad for you

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 11/21/2013 7:39 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Right now I am down to one pc, they other one isn't really needed and needs to be reformatted so I just use both screens on the one pc and really like that. I can drag images or anything from one screen to the other to see how they look with different monitors. I can also use the darker one for reading and internet, and the good one for my photo work.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 11/21/2013 8:09 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Man, you really got it worked out!  And you have more space to boot.

Not sure I could be trusted with two monitors hooked up to one PC, I'd forget what's where and no telling where it would end up!

View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 11/26/2013 6:26 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
They pretty much stay where you put them. Like drag the browser to the other screen and it will always open there. Most everything stays on the left monitor except the windows you drag over. So its not much different from using one, except you have options to view and compare more. I think its addicting, would be hard to go back to only one.
PostPosted: 11/27/2013 12:02 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Quote:
I think its addicting, would be hard to go back to only one.

Not surprised the way you describe it.  That sure beats looking at two pages on one screen.  I imagine you do a lot of that.  I did at one time but very seldom now. Seems I do less and less on the PC as times goes on.

With all the work you do on the PC you need all the handy aides you can fine.

wave
PostPosted: 11/29/2013 5:59 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
These 2 monitors look nothing alike. One is an ips monitor and the other is just a regular monitor. The ips is closer to what a printed photo would look and does well in monitor tests. The other fails miserably on these tests, the whites and blacks are blown out many times, and this is what most everyone uses. The one with ips is much brighter, especailly since I have it set for photos and not documents or other. So I only use it for photo work, and the other is for internet and website work, anytime I use a white screen it is on this second monitor so I'm not blinded. It is set for document reading so its darker. The colors are really vibrant on the ips monitor.

This all works out because I don't have to change monitor settings every time I switch to do different types of work. It is the new norm now, so I doubt I will ever be able to go back to using one.

LG - IPS231 about $400
DELL S2230MX about $270
PostPosted: 11/29/2013 6:28 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Quote:
I doubt I will ever be able to go back to using one.

I can see why not.  You've got it worked out nicely.  The best of both worlds.

I don't know what model View Sonic I have, it's 23" and cost a bit over $200, but it has wonderful color!  Don't have it hooked to my main PC however.  It was such a good buy at the time I bought it to replace a smaller one which I now use as a spar.   If I could view from the two of them it would be awesome!  LOL  

Maybe one day.

wave
PostPosted: 12/27/2013 7:46 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
I think i paid $450 for the LG and $250 for the dell. The LG is a perfect match for printing output, a must have for me.
PostPosted: 12/27/2013 8:35 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Yeah when you have a business you have to have good components/hardware for your PC.

Applause  wave
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC