alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Template MOD Install...
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Re: Template MOD Install...
PostPosted: 12/03/2005 6:04 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Glenn I
Citation
Posts 2152
Word Cnt. 78,257
BDay Jun 15
Sign Gemini
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 6:37 AM
australC_1xa.gif
Quote:
it really isn't that difficult to roll back a MOD, is it???

Rolling Eyes Not when you know what your doing. I'm about to install http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=142506 so will see what happens with that.
View user's profile Find all posts by Glenn I Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
EZPortal
PostPosted: 12/03/2005 6:10 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Local time: 4:37 PM
peace.gif
Ok, so what are you planning to do with it once it's installed???

dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 12/03/2005 6:16 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Glenn I
Citation
Posts 2152
Word Cnt. 78,257
BDay Jun 15
Sign Gemini
australC_1xa.gif
well the way the site is at the moment for instance on the main site there is a directory with aviation links. I wanna take these links and put them in the new blank page. Just to give the site the same overall appearance
View user's profile Find all posts by Glenn I Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
EZPortal
PostPosted: 12/03/2005 6:24 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Ok, it will be interesting to see what you come up with.  I'm having a difficult time visualizing how this MOD works actually...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 12/03/2005 6:54 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Glenn I
Citation
Posts 2152
Word Cnt. 78,257
BDay Jun 15
Sign Gemini
australC_1xa.gif
Looks like this may be alright. http://messageboard.theaussieaviator.net/template.php

You rename template.php to the link you want and then edit it with the content.
EZPortal
PostPosted: 12/03/2005 7:00 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Ok, so now you need to fill it with content.  It will be interesting to see what you come up with...

I'm heading to bed.  I didn't plan to stay up this late.  The sun is already coming up.  Jeez...

Applause
PostPosted: 12/03/2005 7:46 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Glenn I
Citation
Posts 2152
Word Cnt. 78,257
BDay Jun 15
Sign Gemini
australC_1xa.gif
I'm off to bed too. Nearly midnight. I modified the page http://messageboard.theaussieaviator.net/template.php This is how I think I will have all the pages. It just means rewriting the html. The html goes into a folder named template.tpl. You rename template to whatever your link is.

I'm thinking of removing the links from the box on the left under menu and placing these along the top.

I want the board moved to the main directory so will get your help for that Blake. We talked about it in another thread.

May have to disable the board while I implement the new changes though. Better install custom disable board notice mod.
PostPosted: 12/04/2005 1:43 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Glenn I
Citation
Posts 2152
Word Cnt. 78,257
BDay Jun 15
Sign Gemini
australC_1xa.gif
I did something wrong to the files. Mixed them round actually. I followed your directions about uninstalling and I think I did it right but now I want to reinstall the mod. You said this

Quote:
Normally, unless you really prefer to clean things up, you don't have to worry about rolling back the database changes because they won't ever affect you unless you want to reinstall this MOD or if another MOD wants to create the same tables or fields in your tables...

Ok so what do I need to do to get it to show up in easymod again? I tried to upload it to the mod folder but that doesn't work.
EZPortal
PostPosted: 12/04/2005 2:01 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
You need to increase the version number for EM to recognize the MOD again.  As it stands now, EM knows that it already installed the MOD so it won't display it again.  So what I do is usually add a .1 to the version number.  So if it was originally version 1.0.0, I make it version 1.0.0.1, which is greater than 1.0.0.  EM will then recognize the MOD as newer and display it again...

headbang
PostPosted: 12/04/2005 2:25 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Glenn I
Citation
Posts 2152
Word Cnt. 78,257
BDay Jun 15
Sign Gemini
australC_1xa.gif
Geez I'm an idiot. I created a page and wondered why it wouldn't work. I typed in the wrong url  Rolling Eyes

I was going to www.theaussieaviator.net/template.php instead of http://messageboard.theaussieaviator.net/template.php

Brick wall  Brick wall

No need to uninstall the mod  Rolling Eyes
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support