alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
EZPortal
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Re: EZPortal
PostPosted: 12/03/2005 5:35 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Glenn I
Citation
Posts 2152
Word Cnt. 78,257
BDay Jun 15
Sign Gemini
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 9:15 AM
australC_1xa.gif
Have a look http://messageboard.theaussieaviator.net/portal.php

Applause  Applause  violent1  Brick wall  Rolling Eyes  sunny

Come to Oz and I'll buy you a beer or two  prayer Thank you for your patience yet again.
View user's profile Find all posts by Glenn I Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
EZPortal
PostPosted: 12/03/2005 5:41 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 5:15 PM
texasC.gif
Uh OH.  Check your url, I get this:

View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 12/03/2005 5:49 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Glenn I
Citation
Posts 2152
Word Cnt. 78,257
BDay Jun 15
Sign Gemini
australC_1xa.gif
no uh oh. That is what is suppose to happen. It means it's gone  sunny
View user's profile Find all posts by Glenn I Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 12/03/2005 5:55 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Local time: 7:15 PM
peace.gif
Glenn I wrote:
Come to Oz and I'll buy you a beer or two  prayer Thank you for your patience yet again.

I wish I could come down there some day.  I've always wanted to visit Australia even when I was a kid...

I'm glad that the uninstall went well.  Now that you understand the process, it really isn't that difficult to roll back a MOD, is it???

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
EZPortal
PostPosted: 12/06/2005 4:44 PM Reply with quote
Hawk
Rizzo
Hawk
Posts 178
Word Cnt. 4,784
BDay Mar 26
Sign Aries
Local time: 12:15 PM
newzeaC3.gif
So just a quick question, you wouldn't recommend EZPortal why?

And you do recommend subportal template why?

I'm quite keen to install one of these...  dontknow
View user's profile Find all posts by Rizzo Send private message   Visit poster's website ICQ Number
PostPosted: 12/06/2005 11:08 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Glenn I
Citation
Posts 2152
Word Cnt. 78,257
BDay Jun 15
Sign Gemini
australC_1xa.gif
Well I like the Subportal because it's simple. Even I can understand how to modify it  sunny

The menu boxes on the left are edited through the overall header file. Very easy to copy a block of code and create a new box. Have a look at the subportal demo at http://www.phpbbhacks.com/templatesdemo/index.php?s=134 and then my site www.theaussieaviator.net to see the difference.

When I installed the ezportal it clashed with my subportal template causing too many boxes showing up so I just decided to uninstall it.

I don't know how easy or hard ezportal is to modify, but I am sticking with the subportal template.
EZPortal
PostPosted: 12/07/2005 1:34 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
The reason I like the subportal template over ezPortal is because  subportal template is just like any other template so MODs install easily into it without the need for the MOD author to make any drastic changes.  OTOH, very few MODs will install easily into ezPortal because it is not a template, but an add-on to subSilver.  So when you apply a MOD, it will modify the subSilver files, but not the ezPortal files.  Those you would have to figure out on your own and apply the code manually...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 12/07/2005 6:37 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Glenn I
Citation
Posts 2152
Word Cnt. 78,257
BDay Jun 15
Sign Gemini
australC_1xa.gif
I set up a couple pages in the subportal template with a mod called blank page template http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/3562

Here's two pages I did but they need refining

http://theaussieaviator.net/template.php?page=1 - need to fix the topics anywhere mod. I am going to make this the index page eventually.

http://theaussieaviator.net/template.php?page=2 - text needs to be centred like the home page.

The dark blue border and background was copied from the forum's tables to give it an overall look.

The blank page template mod is configurable through the ACP and you just copy and paste HTML into a box. There is a drop down box under my logo with a link to the pages. This will go eventually and I will have the links in a box on the left.

If anyone wants any screen shots let me know.
EZPortal
PostPosted: 12/14/2005 8:41 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
Local time: 6:15 PM
usaCa.gif
Well I did it!  I tried the template mod first - did not care for it to much, I found it easer using the  ezPortal for phpBB 2.0.xi

Thanks Aussie for the links, and your site is looking great!  headbang

Here is my site http://www.jaddon.com  made with the ezPortal for phpBB 2.0.xi  Smile

Thanks NR I did work it out with the ural Smile as you can see.

headbang
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
EZPortal
PostPosted: 12/14/2005 10:04 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Jaddon, how do you navigate your site now?  I couldn't figure out how to get to your forums...

That image at the top looks nice...

munky2
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support