alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Ordered a new pc, look out windows 7
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
Re: Ordered a new pc, look out windows 7
PostPosted: 08/26/2013 3:35 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 12:58 PM
texasC.gif
Hopefully Windows will come out with an update that will fix the last update.  LOL  

Yeah you can Google Win7 various problems and come up with a lot of links.  But doesn't mean MOST people have problems with Win7.  Millions of people are using Win7 and I have a feeling most don't have a problem  The thing is the people that don't have problems don't post so we don't know for sure

I've read around about Adobe Elements and crashing problem.  Seems to be various reasons and crashes occurring in various stages of working with the program.  However, your problem seems to indicate a corrupted Preference file.  Actually that may be the problem for many people.  Here is one solution offered

http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=70 061#Post70061

As he says in the article be sure to also have the uninstall remove the preference file.  Hope it helps you, Dave.

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 08/26/2013 3:48 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 2:58 AM
usaCa.gif
Thats elements premiere, it is a video editor, elements is a photoshop which works ok with w7. Every uses computers for different reasons. Read about the xp feature with windows 7, an option for businesses and professionals and see why that is needed. Its because of so many problems working with software like ElPr. I was going to get it then saw I could get the update on lione for free but I was mistaken.

edit: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp -mode-in-windows-7
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 08/26/2013 3:53 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
OK Dave, but I don't remember reading anywhere about XP feature in Win7 being required for any Adobe products.  But then I'm sure I haven't done as much reading about this as you have.

Still I would give that uninstall and reinstall a try.  Can't hurt and may even help.

dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 08/26/2013 4:06 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Here it looks like you CAN download and install Windows XP mode

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8002

Be sure to read "Installing and using Windows XP Mode" at that link you posted in your post above.

sunny
PostPosted: 08/26/2013 4:56 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Nothing goes easy with w7. I can't get by the verification. It says it's download is outdated but offers no other. Maybe its because I have w7 home premium ed.

Quote:
Step one: Visit Microsoft's Windows XP Mode download site.  Select Windows 7 Professional as your operating system, 32bit or 64bit respectively, and select your language.   If you select Windows Home Premium edition, the site will not allow you to download the required files.

"this version of validation tool is no longer available. Download newest version and check clock is accurate. "
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 08/26/2013 5:22 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
I found this and may try it. You could try this too rb, works with any os. http://www.vmlite.com/
PostPosted: 08/26/2013 10:09 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
I have a virtual machine installed on my PC.  Oracle.  I have Windows 7 installed on it.  It was the Windows 7 they were offering as a free download to anyone who wanted to help test it before they finally released the Win7 OS.  It still works.  Tells me now that the OS isn't genuine but it still works anyway.

You can try validating your Windows here:  Or have you tried that already?  Maybe if you validate first you will be allowed the download.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/exe-validation.aspx?id=0

So did you try selecting Windows 7 Professional as your operating system when you tried to download WinXP mode?

dontknow
PostPosted: 08/26/2013 10:18 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Dave I found this info on the web:

PLease change your Default Browser to Internet Explorer for downloads from the MS Download Center.

There appears to have been an update somewhere which breaks the ActiveX capabilities in other browsers.

I found it here:  

Unable to install update - Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool

I know it mentions updates but it applies to any download form Microsoft.

sunny
PostPosted: 08/27/2013 5:00 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
OK thanks rb, I'll check those out.
PostPosted: 08/27/2013 5:01 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
rb2d2 wrote:

You can try validating your Windows here:  Or have you tried that already?  Maybe if you validate first you will be allowed the download.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/exe-validation.aspx?id=0

So did you try selecting Windows 7 Professional as your operating system when you tried to download WinXP mode?

dontknow

I did try that several times and got the same ms. Won't work.
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC