alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Ordered a new pc, look out windows 7
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
Re: Ordered a new pc, look out windows 7
PostPosted: 05/15/2013 6:55 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 4:07 PM
usaCa.gif
Still liking it. The only problem I had was my printer won't work with w7 but I can live with that since I use 2 pcs. I really don't even need the 2nd pc except to print, so may buy a new printer at some point.

This pc has a lot of empty space, its like a laptop put in a desktop.

w7 is like xp, not much different, nothing like vista. I do notice xp needs more updates, which is a pain. If w7 is updating I don't know it. So no complaints and can leave xp at any time without looking back or wanting to.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 05/15/2013 7:30 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 2:07 AM
texasC.gif
I'm glad you are so happy with Win7.   Applause

As for the printer, have you visited the web site to see if they have Win7 drivers for it?  Unless it's very old the manufacturer has probably written drivers compatible with Win7.  Most likely they aren't on the install CD that came with the printer, Win7 may not have been on the market at the time.

If you tell what brand and model of Printer you have I'll help you look for Drivers.

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 05/17/2013 1:43 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
I think its because its a 64 bit os, from what I have read its a common problem with w7 and nothing can be done about it. Anyway, the printer is a hp 1350v all in one.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 05/17/2013 3:13 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Here is a site to download drivers for your printer installed on W7

HP PSC 1350/1340 All-in-One Printer series

I don't know just what version of Win7 you have so I just chose Win7 Home Premium 64 bit and they do have drivers for it.  Checked and they have drivers for all versions of Win7.

View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 05/17/2013 3:17 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
How to install HP printer drivers

sunny
PostPosted: 05/17/2013 4:36 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
edit - Hey I got it! I had to do this and that but its on here and working now. Thanks a lot for getting me to look into this again. Here is the instructions, which was quite simple: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02663742&lc=en&cc =us&dlc=en&product=306888
PostPosted: 05/17/2013 7:33 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
PostPosted: 07/24/2013 11:33 AM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Well after some time I found a few things wrong with w7. One is it stalls out so bad with premiered elements that it is unusable. I haven't tried other video programs. I noticed it stalls out on other programs, like using firstpage 2000 and others. If I give it time it will snap out of it. Otherwise it's working ok. I'm glad I have another pc to use for video work.
PostPosted: 07/24/2013 1:31 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Sounds like maybe a problem with the video card?  Might check if the drivers are up to date.  

If outdated drivers are not the problem something you can try to see if it helps is to reduce or disable Hardware Acceleration.  However I've read with some graphic cards that option is not available in Windows 7.  You can try.

How to disable or reduce Hardware Acceleration in Windows 7

Reboot if you have been able to make changes.  If the changes don't help with your problem go back and enable Hardware Acceleration.

sunny
PostPosted: 08/26/2013 2:57 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Heres a good one, get windows updates and get black screen of death. To fix I had to go in safe mode and using sys restore to an earlier point (after some work trying other things). I guess its a common problem.

In adobe el premiere when I click on preferences it crashes every time and have to give a hard start to reboot. I think its just unusable. I can't find any new driver updates on hp site and windows gave m,e the black screen. Could have been cause I was in FF, forgot to use IE, but still.... Now I'm afraid to try again.
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC