alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Do you have high speed internet?
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
PostPosted: 11/04/2005 1:23 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 1:27 AM
texasC.gif
Quote:
HTMLKit is better, and it doesn't mess up php, CGI, or javascript codes. And it's FREE.....

TDQ, have you ever tried 1st Page2000? That's what Nightrider and I use.  I don't think I have ever looked at HTMLKit so I really can't say which is better but 1st Page really is neat.  Read about it here.

http://www.sharewarejunkies.com/9zwd11/1st_page.htm

Here is a site with more info and some screen shots

http://www.wdvl.com/Reviews/HTML/1stPage2000.html

I have to warn you though when you run your virus scanner next time it may find a virus called 6 button creation or something like that.  Nightrider may remember what it's called.  At any rate it's not a virus, for some reason that function is read as a virus at least by AVG.  If you want you can delete it and it won't effect 1st Page2000 one bit.

blob8
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 11/04/2005 2:02 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 3:27 AM
peace.gif
It's called "Six buttons from hell" and it got a lot of people in a lather over nothing.  1st Page 2000 is a great little program yet many people decided not to use it because of this script that was included...

Six buttons from hell

Rb, did you know that 1st Page 2006 Beta has been released now?  I couldn't get it to install though... crybaby

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 11/04/2005 2:20 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
NO, I didn't.  I think everyone was betting it would never see the light of day!   I quit looking for it long ago.

Why won't it install?  What are they saying about it on the forum?

dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 11/04/2005 2:40 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
No one else has complained about install problems, so it may be unique for my PC.  I may try to download it again and see if it makes any difference.  I'm not expecting that it will though...

crybaby

From the sounds of things, a lot of people are having trouble with it, so it may be good that I can't try out the Beta this time...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 11/04/2005 8:38 AM Reply with quote
Hawk
TieDyeQueen
Hawk
Posts 189
Word Cnt. 10,612
BDay Jan 21
Sign Aquarius
peace.gif
I checked out the 1st Page2000 stuff. It sounds almost identical to htmlkit. (which I have just seen that they now want you to register) But it says it'll work on win 95/98/NT... I have XP, so, what does that mean to me?  dontknow

I don't use that kind of program for much, mostly just to find line numbers or checking syntax of codes, but I'd try it.
View user's profile Find all posts by TieDyeQueen Send private message   Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: 11/04/2005 9:25 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
Local time: 2:27 AM
usaCa.gif
I just got DSL and am pleased with it.  It is cheaper than what I was paying for dialup.  I got it through Altell which is my local telephone company.  I didn't have to sign a one year contract.  It was not available in my area until just lately because of the lack of upgrading of their equipment.  I had the choice of the Lite or Basic package for and chose the cheaper Lite for $12.95.   I like it but can upgrade to the Basic package for $29.95 at anytime.

I have been trying to get my Daughter to get DSL but she has balked so far.  Her bill would go down by $9 a month as soon as she got DSL.  I pulled a dirty trick yesterday on her.  My Grandaughter asked me to send some of my deer, twins and other pictures yesterday so i did.  Twenty three of them in fact.  I did downsize them first but it will tie up their PC for hours.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
Re: Do you have high speed internet?
PostPosted: 11/04/2005 9:45 AM Reply with quote
Hawk
TieDyeQueen
Hawk
Posts 189
Word Cnt. 10,612
BDay Jan 21
Sign Aquarius
peace.gif
Bobby wrote:
I pulled a dirty trick yesterday on her.  My Grandaughter asked me to send some of my deer, twins and other pictures yesterday so i did.  Twenty three of them in fact.  I did downsize them first but it will tie up their PC for hours.

That'll teach her!
View user's profile Find all posts by TieDyeQueen Send private message   Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: 11/04/2005 12:37 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Bobby, she is probably like me and afraid the change will be a big upheaval and complicated.  You have to remind her that you, at your great advanced age, survivied it without a scratch.  LOL   You didn't even have to change your email address did you?  Don't you still have the same provider?

dontknow
Re: Do you have high speed internet?
PostPosted: 11/04/2005 1:11 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
TieDyeQueen wrote:
I checked out the 1st Page2000 stuff. It sounds almost identical to htmlkit. (which I have just seen that they now want you to register) But it says it'll work on win 95/98/NT... I have XP, so, what does that mean to me?  dontknow

1st Page 2000 will install on XP too.  The reason you don't see it included is that 1st Page is a very old, yet powerful program and XP didn't exist when it was released.  They stopped development of 1st Page 2000 years ago, so they could devote their time to developing 1st Page 2006.  1st Page 2000 has withstood the test of time though.  It is a terrific and free program...

I installed HTMLKit a while back and tried it out.  But it was missing some nice features that I had grown rather fond of in 1st Page.  So HTMLKit went unused and now it is no longer installed on my PC...

headbang
PostPosted: 11/04/2005 3:37 PM Reply with quote
Hawk
TieDyeQueen
Hawk
Posts 189
Word Cnt. 10,612
BDay Jan 21
Sign Aquarius
peace.gif
Then I will go download it today! Smile

Mostly I just mentioned the kit because I abhor FP and wanted to distract you from it. Wink
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC