alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Get going with Windows 8 Release Preview
Goto page: 1, 2  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
PostPosted: 06/03/2012 8:40 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 9:15 PM
texasC.gif

Computerworld - Yesterday Microsoft shipped the Release Preview for Windows 8, the final public sneak peek for what the company keeps calling a "no compromise" version and "reimagining" of the decades-old OS.  

Another link to download Windows 8

HERE

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Get going with Windows 8 Release Preview
PostPosted: 06/14/2012 9:55 PM Reply with quote
Sparrow
Allan
Sparrow
Posts 28
Word Cnt. 470
BDay Jan 2
Sign Capricorn
Local time: 3:15 AM
usaCa.gif
Not looking forward to it at all.
View user's profile Find all posts by Allan Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: 06/14/2012 11:24 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Me either.  Don't even want to mess with 7.   I'm sticking with XP Pro even if I have to hold it together with chewing gum and bailing wire until I die!

hysterical2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 07/10/2012 11:23 AM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 11:15 AM
usaCa.gif
I think id pass for free as well. I never did download my free windows 7, not that I like vista but that laptop is only for getting online anyway.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 07/10/2012 3:46 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
I think if I had Vista I'd jump at the chance to download a free edition of Win7.  

If I play my cards right I may be all set with XP for the rest of my life.  I even have an unopened, brand spanking new copy of XP Pro SP3.  Course in a few years I probably won't be able to get the updates that had been issued since SP3 but I think I can limp along OK.  LOL

sunny
PostPosted: 08/24/2012 6:09 PM Reply with quote
Sparrow
wjt
Sparrow
Posts 43
Word Cnt. 1,815
BDay Oct 12
Sign Libra
Local time: 10:15 PM
usaCa.gif
so tell me in your opinion whats wrong windows8 and is it really worth it considering i'm using goggle chrome microsoft hasn't done anything really revalutoinary for a long time except collect a lot of money.
PostPosted: 08/24/2012 7:27 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Welcome to RCF, wjt!

I have not used or seen anything of Windows 8 except bits and pieces in magazines and TV so I can't really speak to Windows 8. I'm not sure how much it has changed from Win7.  Windows 7 would probably be OK for someone just starting out on a PC, they would learn as they go.  However for me it's a big pain going from XP to Windows 7, they made some huge changes that to me didn't seem necessary.  I want to be able to sit down to my PC and use it not hunt and click around looking for files and utilities in several places.  

Having said that, I know there are millions of people that have gone from XP to Windows 7 and love it!  More power to them.

As for Google Chrome browser.  I tried it and didn't like it.  LOL  I uses Seamonkey or Firefox.  I use Internet Explorer only when I have to.

Nice to meet you, wjt, and I hope you drop by often. Maybe a Win 8 user will drop by one day and tell us all about it.

blob8
PostPosted: 02/17/2013 3:07 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Local time: 11:15 AM
usaCa.gif
and I thought vista was bad, w8 sounds much worse

http://www.loopinsight.com/2013/01/04/windows-8-review-the-thing-blows /
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 02/17/2013 3:22 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
My new laptop has wins 8   At first I was hating it and came close to returning it.  But not just because of win 8  but I was not happy with all the advertisement crap that they install on it.  This was my first store bought comp.   Once I uninstalled all the addy crap win 8 is not that bad just takes some time to get use to.
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 02/17/2013 4:05 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
fishead wrote:
and I thought vista was bad, w8 sounds much worse

http://www.loopinsight.com/2013/01/04/windows-8-review-the-thing-blows /

The swipe feature he talks about is defaulted to off so he had to turn swipe on in order to encounter the problems he reported. So since he turned it on he knew the problems he claimed where due to swipe being on.

control panel is hard to find but most dont even use the control panel only those of us who know more about computers.  For example when getting a new comp one of the first things my son and I would look for is the control panel but my mom, daughter, boyfriend, brother or best friend would not even think about it oreven notice it missing.

I think when making win 8 they where thinking of the common user not us who go looking into the more detailed stuff.
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC