alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Watching video and pc crashed
Goto page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
Watching video and pc crashed
PostPosted: 03/26/2012 1:08 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 4:25 PM
usaCa.gif
This is my video pc, I was watching a movie and it crashed. So I rebooted, and then went out and came back and it had rebooted agian, maybe it ran a chkdsk. Then neither browser would open. I tried to uninstall firefor but it said it can't because the program is open. I rebooted on my own, (after it rebooted itself when I tried windows update) and it ran a dskchk, then started up and I just now heard a konk and buzz sound and its rebooting.

I have a serious problem somewhere.

This is that hp pavillion that came with vista and I bought xp for it, so reformating would mean getting all new drivers, that I have on a disc somewhere.

I just got an error saying:

instruction reference at 0x00000000 the memory could not be written - click on ok to terminate or cancel to debug. Now its opened but just flickered something, thought it was going to reboot, I hear activity in the background.

Could be malware or HD failure?

Any ideas rb?
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
Re: Watching video and pc crashed
PostPosted: 03/26/2012 1:21 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
ran cc cleaner
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 03/26/2012 1:26 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
doing a sys scan with avg.
PostPosted: 03/26/2012 3:48 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Its only getting worse, won't let me complete a scan.

Trying to do a recovery, won't open, using disc, wants password which there is none. I may have to reformat.
PostPosted: 03/26/2012 3:53 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Just getting ready to reboot with recovery disc and windows prompts for updates. I thought to begin with that windows updates did this, now I am pretty sure they messed up my pc, maybe beyond repair. I will turn off auto updates on this pc from now on, if I can even get it fixed. I will lose all my drivers ince it had vista on here and may not be able to even get online to get new ones. I had to install old modem to get online last time. Its still installed but I can't even remember what all I had to do to get online. I hate this pc, it has been a lemon since day 1. .
PostPosted: 03/26/2012 4:41 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
No choice but to reformat. sys recovery won't work, not even using the disc. Even tried acronams or what ever its called, I made a disc awhile back, but won't work. I can't get online, can't open avg, it just gets worse every boot.
PostPosted: 03/26/2012 4:47 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
I will still have a recovery partition, I wonder if after reformating I can access that and get everything back as far as drivers etc...?
PostPosted: 03/26/2012 5:30 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
More problems. In the late stages it kept saying it couldn't get files from drive k, well drive k won't open so ended up replacing it and starting over.

While starting over I see where I can try to do a repair, so trying that. Probably wasting more time.
PostPosted: 03/26/2012 6:03 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
It ended up reformating and not repairing anything. While seeting screen size it crashed again, then got blue screen with error, dumping etc

I gave it a hard boot and it opened up in the old os, it didn't reformat at all. Here I went through all that and for nothing.

Trying to reformat again, it is harder than any I have seen. I have to delete drive c, then continue with warnings drive c may not work ever again or something.
PostPosted: 03/26/2012 9:20 PM Reply with quote
Citation
mojo
Citation
Posts 8935
Word Cnt. 174,404
BDay Nov 26
Sign Sagittarius
Local time: 2:25 AM
usaCa.gif
Wishing you luck, I have no knowledge of what would help,  sounds like u are trying everything!  Hope it works
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC