alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Monitor screen goes black
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
Re: Monitor screen goes black
PostPosted: 05/25/2010 2:40 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 12:38 PM
texasC.gif
K, found my papers for the ViewSonic.  The backlight is warrantied for three years and I purchased it June 6, 2007.  I have a few days left.

What the warranty covers:
ViewSonic warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship during the warranty period. If a product proves to be defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period, ViewSonic will, at its sole option, repair or replace the product with a similar product. Replacement Product or parts may include remanufactured or refurbished parts or components. The replacement unit will be covered by the balance of the time remaining on the customer's original limited warranty.

I wonder what "The replacement unit will be covered by the balance of the time remaining on the customer's original limited warranty" means exactly?

dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 05/25/2010 6:13 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
I call support at ViewSonic, he took all my info, model number, serial number, etc and told me it was out of warranty.  He said the warranty ended in April of this year.  I said I don't think so!  I told him I'm looking at my receipt right now and the purchase date was June 8, 2007.  He asked that I scan the receipt and email them a copy so they can update my warranty.

I got a reply a while ago giving several possible problems and solutions. One was my exact problem: LED is Blue or Green SOLID - receives signal from the computer and video cable is fine, possible issue with the monitor.

The email ended with:

"If the resolution given may not resolved your issue, it is possible that the problem is hardware related which requires to service or replace the unit.  In that case, I will be more than glad to assist you in creating a service request according to the warranty coverage on your ViewSonic product"

I hate sending stuff back!  But if I want it fixed I guess I don't have a choice.  The base so hard to snap on I'm sure I'll never be able to remove it.  This is going to take a huge box!

Brick wall
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 05/25/2010 7:19 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Just got my RMA number.  May be next week before I get a chance to send it in.

A return material authorization (RMA) number has been assigned to the unit for service as noted above.  Please keep record of this number and also indicate this number on two sides of the shipping box.  Repair time frame would usually takes within 15-21 business days (excluding holidays and weekends) once we received and scanned your unit on our system.

15 to 21 days??! I'm sure it will take at least a week longer than that. MAN, am I going to miss this monitor!

Crying or Very sad
PostPosted: 06/17/2010 2:14 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Yahooooooo!!!

Just got the monitor back!  Unpacked but haven't set it up yet.  Actually it looks brand new.  

There was a slight smear off to the right on the screen of the one I sent.  It didn't interfere with anything on the screen and you could only see if if you stood and looked at it from a certain angle.  I could never clean if off with anything, it is now gone.  Also all the cords look brand new, folded and wrapped different from the way I sent them.  The cover on the CD I know is new because I had something written on the one I sent.

blob8
PostPosted: 06/17/2010 4:00 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 2:38 AM
usaCa.gif
Thats cool rb, you made out well! I did buy an extended warranty on mine, so I should have a year or two to go yet, 4 years in all.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 06/17/2010 5:07 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
All setup and so far doing great.  IF it does black out in a few day I'll sure will be disappointed.  I don't know if it's brand new or a refurbished but I'm almost positive it's not the one I sent in.

Sure is good to have this 22" back!!  Everything looks wonderful again.

blob8
PostPosted: 07/11/2010 1:53 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
Local time: 1:38 PM
usaCa.gif
Mine has not done it in a long time, since I moved my desk and tower around.   I am thinking in my case it was my kittens pulling my wires when they ran buy.   Also I replaced the wire to my monitor.
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC