alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Post your favorite free PC programs
Goto page: 1, 2  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
Post your favorite free PC programs
PostPosted: 07/06/2010 11:32 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 2:18 AM
texasC.gif
I have so many!  But I'll start with this one, probably the most used free program on my PC other than my browser and email client!

GadwinPrintscreen

There is a profession version but the free one has all I need.

Free version

blob8
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Re: Post your favorite free PC programs
PostPosted: 07/06/2010 11:27 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif

There are times when you need just the right tool to do the job. Avatar Sizer is that tool.

Avatar Sizer has been designed to make images smaller, quickly and extremely easily. No mess, no fuss!

Creating your Avatar is done using an easy to use Wizard type interface. The Wizard guides you, step by step, through the whole process:

* Select the image
   * set the maximum size
   * press "Next >>" and your Avatar is created
   * Save your Avatar.

It doesn't get much easier than that!

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 07/11/2010 1:27 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
Local time: 3:18 AM
usaCa.gif
Great idea RB to have all useful free software in one easy to find topic.  
Maybe you should pin this topic to keep it on top. Smile

RB found this for me and I LOVE it so thought I would re-post here.  Its very easy to use!  Thanks RB!

Audacity

* Audacity lets you record live audio from microphone, line input, or other sources.

* Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs with Audacity.

* Import, Export and Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files without problems with Audacity.

* Audacity is a Very Fast and Easy editing software with the ability to Cut, Copy, splice or Mix sounds together.

* With Audacity, change the speed or pitch of a recording without altering the tempo, or vice-versa.

down load free here
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 07/11/2010 1:43 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Jaddon
Citation
Posts 3160
Word Cnt. 157,169
BDay Mar 11
Sign Pisces
Local time: 3:18 AM
usaCa.gif
My Dad has Dyslexia and after his strokes he can't read so I found this to help him.  I also use it when I don't feel like reading. LOL

NaturalReader 9

The free version

- allows you to experience listening to any text on your PC and the web.  (so far every website I have tried it works)

- comes with a Floating bar offers another option for you to listen to text without disturbing your reading on the screen.

- works with XP Narrator - voice is Microsoft Sam with voice speed option.  (more voices with paid version)

free download
View user's profile Find all posts by Jaddon Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 07/11/2010 8:16 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
That sounds like a useful program for a lot of people, Chrissy.  Thanks for posting it.

Another free one I've had for a very long time, don't know just how useful it is but it sits on my deaktop and it's pretty.  There are a bunch of skins, something for everyone:

ClocX

Click on About ClocX at the top to see what all if offers.

Now this next one I use a lot! A little timer that can remind you that you have something on the stove or washing maching or anything of that type.  I just notice I have a rather old version, I need to update it.

Cool Timer

Simple, no-nonsense, handy timer utility with a cool, customizable interface. Can be used like an oven timer, alarm clock, or stopwatch. Plays wav, mp3, midi files, or any of several built-in sounds as an alarm. Can optionally display a custom, scrolling, LED-type text message when the alarm sounds to remind you why you set the timer initially. Use as an alarm clock to wake you up or remind you when it is a certain time of day.

sunny
PostPosted: 07/11/2010 8:28 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
I just updated Cool Timer and he now offers to install a Toolbar on your browser page.  I unchecked that option but it your choice if you want it.  Dang, seems every program these days wants to install a Toolbar.  If I installed every toolbar that's offered I would have a full page of toobars by now!  LOL

sunny
PostPosted: 07/16/2010 7:42 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Belarc Advisor

The Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, missing Microsoft hotfixes, anti-virus status, CIS (Center for Internet Security) benchmarks, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server.

I've used this for years, it's a quick and easy way to find the name and model number of installed hardware and list of all installed software.  Also at the end of each listed program is a clickable link (*) that will show you the path to the folder and all the files inside the folder.

sunny
PostPosted: 07/18/2010 10:32 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Brick for Windows 1.6

Absolutely useless little fun app.  Stressed? Throw some virtual bricks through your screen!

sunny
PostPosted: 07/23/2010 8:11 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
CDBurnerXP

CDBurnerXP is a free application to burn CDs and DVDs, including Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs. It also includes the feature to burn and create ISOs, as well as a multilanguage interface. Everyone, even companies, can use it for free. It does not include adware or similar malicious components.

I usually end up using this program when I can't figure out what feature to use in Nero or Ashampoo.  LOL

wave
PostPosted: 09/10/2010 7:52 AM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 4:18 PM
usaCa.gif
Code stuff starter - lets you stop programs from running on start up

http://codestuff.tripod.com/products_starter.html
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC