alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Help!! I put on the wrong head this morning.
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC Add To Bookmarks
Help!! I put on the wrong head this morning.
PostPosted: 07/10/2005 12:28 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 4:16 PM
usaCa.gif
I went to email some deer pics this morning and I went to the Canon PhotoRecord program as I always do.  I clicked on fetch and went to the pics that I wanted to send.  When the "Do you want to make them smaller?" window poped up I checked yes.  After resizing them it opened in Mozilla Thunderbird instead of Outlook Express to be sent.  It has always opened in OE before.  I don't want to use Thunderbird.  How do I change it to where OE will open by default?  I think the problem is that when I got up this morning I put on my old, worn out, early demented head instead of my normally intelligent with a fair amount of memory.  I sometimes also put on the wrong glasses but soon realize it when everything looks magnified and blurry.  Ah,  ain't these Golden Years great?  In my younger years I usually had a good excuse for having addled days.  Excesses of some sort or another but I don't do that anymore.  Any help for my computer problem or my other problem would be greatly appreciated.

dontknow    dontknow   dontknow    dontknow    dontknow
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
Re: Help!! I put on the wrong head this morning.
PostPosted: 07/10/2005 4:48 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 3:16 PM
texasC.gif
Your Picture Program may have a setting in options asking where to send the pictures and you can check that out

As for OE, to make sure it's set as your default do the following.  Go to Tools and then down to Options.

On the first page, General I think, at the bottom of the box you have the options to make OE your default.

Let me know if that helps.  And don't forget to go to your picture program and check out all the options and settings there.  If for some reason it has Thunderbird showing to be the program of choice it will over ride the OE setting.

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 07/10/2005 6:38 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
usaCa.gif
Hey Rosalie,
    I went to OE>Tools>Options>General Tab and it shows at the bottom that OE is the default mail program and news program.  I then looked everywhere that I could in my Canon PhotoRecord picture program for some setting to direct it to use OE but could find no place like that.  I also went to www.photorecord.com but still didn't find any reference to what I needed.  If you think of anything else plesae let me know.  I could uninstall Mozilla Thunderbird if necessary.  Thanks for the help.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Bobby Send private message   Phoogle Map
re
PostPosted: 07/11/2005 8:09 AM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Local time: 5:16 AM
usaCa.gif
That really sounds hard.

Myself, I would open the picture in any photoshop, resize it and save (or right click and save). Then I would open my mail and either paste the picture or import image from files in mail tools.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 07/11/2005 10:26 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
Hey Bobby.  This sounds like a couple of my programs.  If I  use the Quick Reply feature in Mail Washer it will launch OE even though Netscape Mail is my default.

If I zip up a file or folder in Explorer using WinZip and then choose to eamil it from there it will launch Eudora.  However, I found out that the reason for that is the feature doesn't support Netscape Mail, only OE and Eudora.  So I'm gratful that at least it launches something.  Also it's a good thing that I have Eudora set up for mail.  Hey, so long as it gets the job done that's fine with me.  LOL

You're right about that Canon home site not being of any help.  I always head for Support first thing.  Once you drill down to the bottom line you discover that the only place to get help is your local dealer!  Big whooptdo.  However, Bobby, that may be an option for you to consider.  None of the FAQ or other help aides there address the email option at all.

BTW, that looks like a really neat program.  Does it come only with a Canon printer?  I have a feeling I will be needing a new printer soon and my go for a Canon to get this program.  How do you  like the printer?

The only suggestion I have, Bobby, in regards to your probem is try uninstalling Thunderbird.  If there is no setting in your Picture Program to choose an email client than I don't have a clue as to what to try next.  Somehow I don't think messing with File Types in Explorer would be the answer.

I don't think it's likely but it is possible that the Picture Program doesn't support IE.  Just something to consider in case after uninstalling Thunderbird the email feature won't function.  Only way to find out is to try.

Or you can use fishead's method.

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 07/11/2005 7:41 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
usaCa.gif
Rosalie, that program, along with Zoombrowser and Photo Stitch come with my Canon PowerShot Cameras.  I have a Hewlitt Packard printer and I do like it much more than I did my Lexmark that I had previously.  I had three Lexmarks in a row and realized that I was not getting good longetivity out of them and decided to try HPs.  I will make you a copy of my Canon CD with those programs on it and send it to you.  I really like my PhotoRecord program.  It is very simple to use and it gives you many easily understandable options for pictures.  As they say, "The CD will be in the mail sson."  No that's "The check's in the mail"isn't it?  My bad.
PostPosted: 07/11/2005 11:03 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
LOL, I'll settle for "The CD is in the mail".   Thank you, Bobby!  Yes, you're right the progam does look easy to use and seems to have a lot of neat features.  Well, all I've looked at and read about so far is the Photo Record program but it looks like something I would like and could actually figure out.  

When you plug in your camera does this program auto pop up and load your pictures?  Does it show all the other pictures on your PC or just those from your camera?  

I guess I'll find out when I try it, uh?

I'm so excited!  I can hardly wait.

blob8  Heart  blob8
PostPosted: 07/12/2005 1:50 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Bobby
Citation
Posts 5352
Word Cnt. 902,182
BDay Jun 19
Sign Gemini
usaCa.gif
Hey Rosalie,
     PhotoRecord is a stand-alone program that I keep in my Programs menu.  After you open it you can select "Fetch Photos" and go to any source to choose pics for arrangeing and printing.  You can then select how many pics per page to arrange as well as many fonts, borders for pics and other cosmetic choices.  What I like is the ability to arrange as many pics per page as you like and each or all can be very simply rotated in any manner that you desire.  Since I wrote aboyut making you a copy I have been unable to find the original CD and have been trying to figure out how to create a CD from the folder containing PhotoRecord in my Programs menu.  I'm hoping for a rush of oxygen and my brain will regenerate long enough to remember how to do that.  Hi HO, HI HO , it's back to work I go.
PostPosted: 07/12/2005 3:23 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
LOL, Bobby you have a way of making my day!   Stand alone ... I like that!

I don't think you can get all of the program files by copying the folder from Program Files.  I think with most programs, if not all, there are bits and pieces in the root of C:  in the system, registry and god only knows where.   Unless you have the PhotoRecord .exe download in a folder somewhere you will need the CD to copy the entire program.

I hope you find it, you sure make PhotoRecord sound awfully good!

sunny
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Talk PC