alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Notify of new user not right.
Goto page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Re: Notify of new user not right.
PostPosted: 06/04/2010 9:25 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 6:07 AM
peace.gif
Ok, your FTP server login information must have changed since you used EM last.  You need to go into EM Settings and correct them.  Then you should be able to use EM to install the MODs...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 06/05/2010 12:42 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 5:07 AM
usaCa.gif
That's what is so strange about the whole thing I didn't change my password for the ftp or for the servers control panel and I had to go through getting a new password for the boards.

It turns out EM didn't want the password I use for the server control panel it wanted the one I use for the boards so that is ok now.

It took several times of backing out and starting again for it to take as it always has done but it finally goes through.

I still have a mod (hierarchy) sitting there that I could never get to go through but will ask about that one later when I get all these done.
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 06/05/2010 2:15 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Well everything went pretty well but I'm stuck.

The Pets board....

Math mod installed:

ACP mod: It had did the steps up to the last one then couldn't process,  I tried backing up one page and redoing it a few times but it would not take.

Now to try to reinstall I get the error.

IN-LINE FIND FAILED: In file [includes/usercp_register.php] could not find:

'7'

MOD script line #94
View user's profile Find all posts by KeeKee Send private message   Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 06/05/2010 3:25 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
The Math_Question_ACP_Update MOD was partially installed in your Pets forum.  I corrected the MOD script to add the missing code and updated your security question to the following:

Quote:
What color is the sky?  type: blue

I noticed you used another Math question in the Hobbies forum.  You should try to avoid a numeric answer because the registration bots can guess on numerical answers...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 06/05/2010 3:27 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
KeeKee wrote:
I still have a mod (hierarchy) sitting there that I could never get to go through but will ask about that one later when I get all these done.

You don't have the Category Hierarchy MOD installed nor do you want to install it.  I moved the Zero Posters for Category Hierarchy MOD script to a temp folder so that it won't display in the EM install list.  There is no need to try to install it...

munky2
PostPosted: 06/05/2010 8:17 PM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Nightrider wrote:
The Math_Question_ACP_Update MOD was partially installed in your Pets forum.  I corrected the MOD script to add the missing code and updated your security question to the following:

Quote:
What color is the sky?  type: blue

I noticed you used another Math question in the Hobbies forum.  You should try to avoid a numeric answer because the registration bots can guess on numerical answers...

munky2

Actually I was thinking the same thing, what good is this when a computer can count to a trillion in seconds.  I didn't know you could use something else.
I will go through and change things.

Thanks for the fix.

I thought we already had zero posters in through some other script.  I can just take those out all together then.
PostPosted: 06/05/2010 9:04 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Yes, you can enter any question and answer that you want and you can now change it as often as you want.  If the registration bots figure out how to answer one question, all you have to do is change the question and they will be stumped again, especially if you require a text rather than numeric answer.  The only real problem with a text answer is that it is case sensitive so Blue is different than blue.  One answer would work while the other will not.  I should probably adjust the code so that it is case insensitive...

You probably do have the Zero Posters MOD installed.  You would not need to install the Zero Poster for Category Hierarchy MOD too, especially since you don't use the Category Hierarchy MOD...

Now that you have the Updated version of the Math Question MOD installed, your registrations will probably drop considerably.  You should be able to switch the Enable account activation setting to User rather than admin on all of your boards now so that your admins will no longer be notified for each new registration.  The NewRegister account should then be the only one receiving new registration email notifications...

munky2
PostPosted: 06/06/2010 10:06 AM Reply with quote
Citation
KeeKee
Citation
Posts 940
Word Cnt. 48,215
BDay Mar 4
Sign Pisces
usaCa.gif
Thanks so much for the help.
PostPosted: 06/06/2010 5:31 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
As always, you are welcome...

banana
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support