alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
upgraged blog and now get error...?
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
upgraged blog and now get error...?
PostPosted: 08/27/2009 3:26 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 10:14 AM
usaCa.gif
What does this mean NR?  

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_user() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/dtackett/fisheadtackle.com/forum/phpBB2/wp-united/ wp-functions.php:312) in /hsphere/local/home/dtackett/fisheadtackle.com/blog/wp-includes/deprec ated.php on line 1260

I think i have had this before.
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
Re: upgraged blog and now get error...?
PostPosted: 08/27/2009 3:49 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Can I just delete the upgrade> Probably a dumb question. I sure wish I hadn't clicked on it. I had a feeling I would loss it.

So what CAN I do? Start a new blog? Reinstall all the files?
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by fishead Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map Visit poster's Blog
PostPosted: 08/27/2009 3:59 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Local time: 10:14 PM
peace.gif
fishead wrote:
What does this mean NR?  

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_user() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/dtackett/fisheadtackle.com/forum/phpBB2/wp-united/ wp-functions.php:312) in /hsphere/local/home/dtackett/fisheadtackle.com/blog/wp-includes/deprec ated.php on line 1260

I think i have had this before.

This is a problem when a file is included more than once.  In this case, it appears that the file deprecated.php has been included more than once in your code.  So to fix this, you find all the instances of where deprecated.php is included using the include function call and change the code to use the function call include_once instead...

If you don't really understand what I'm saying, let me know...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 08/27/2009 3:59 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Can I just delete this line 312 (highlighted)? I hope you can help me out. I am lost.

PostPosted: 08/27/2009 4:05 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
No, you do not want to delete that line.  I will take a look at it for you...

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 08/27/2009 4:37 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
peace.gif
Where did you get this code?  It appears that the developer has made some pretty serious mistakes in this update.  Do you have a backup of the previous version that you can restore until we can work out these new bugs???

dontknow
PostPosted: 08/27/2009 4:58 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
I missed your first post when I posted again.

Backup, well... no, I took a chance. The blog still works until I sign in so maybe we can still get a backup or get by without one?  I do have all the files in my pc, but the posts aren't backed up and I'm not real worried about losing them. I did copy the content on some of the posts. My blog sucks anyway, so I can start over, no biggy.
PostPosted: 08/27/2009 5:00 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
Quote:
Where did you get this code?  

Forgot to reply to this, I got it on my admin page at the top. It has been there for some time so I thought I would do it. It was in red text and was called an upgrade. They highly recommended I get it and to back up first. They gave instructions on how to backup but I just didn't find time so I decided to get the upgrade anyway today. I will never want to get another update or upgrade, it is toooo sensitive.
PostPosted: 08/27/2009 5:05 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
I just found this:

WordPress 2.8.4: Security Release
Posted August 12, 2009 by Matt. Filed under Releases, Security.

Yesterday a vulnerability was discovered: a specially crafted URL could be requested that would allow an attacker to bypass a security check to verify a user requested a password reset. As a result, the first account without a key in the database (usually the admin account) would have its password reset and a new password would be emailed to the account owner. This doesn’t allow remote access, but it is very annoying.

We fixed this problem last night and have been testing the fixes and looking for other problems since then. Version 2.8.4 which fixes all known problems is now available for download and is highly recommended for all users of WordPress.

http://wordpress.org/development/2009/08/2-8-4-security-release/

PostPosted: 08/27/2009 5:09 PM Reply with quote
Citation
fishead
Citation
Posts 4813
Word Cnt. 427,864
BDay Oct 23
Sign Scorpio
usaCa.gif
and this: (I didn't deactivate your plugins first)

Automatic Upgrade

Recent versions of WordPress feature an Automatic Upgrade. You can launch the automatic upgrade by clicking the link in the new version banner (if it's there) or by going to the Tools -> Upgrade menu. After that it should be straightforward.

Automatic Upgrades do fail sometimes, though, so remember to backup your database first, and deactivate your plugins before starting the upgrade.

Note that your files all need to be owned by the user under which your Apache server executes, or you will receive a dialog box asking for "connection information," and you will find that no matter what you enter, it won't work.

If the automatic upgrade doesn't work for you, don't panic, just try a manual upgrade.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WordPress
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support