alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Uploading Music
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> How To Add To Bookmarks
Uploading Music
PostPosted: 06/04/2005 5:22 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Katy
Citation
Posts 10748
Word Cnt. 424,312
BDay Jan 15
Sign Capricorn
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 7:21 AM
usaCa.gif
I have tried several times I imput myin   song put in title and artist and click submit and the little green counter goes to the top and stays there... What am I doing wrong???
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Katy Send private message  
Re: Uploading Music
PostPosted: 06/04/2005 5:48 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Local time: 6:21 AM
texasC.gif
Katy, just to let you know I have read this, however, I don't have the time to troubleshoot it right now.  I will be gone for at least two hours and if Nightrider doesn't get to this by the time I get back I will see what I can do for you.  So far I have not had any problem uploading music.  At least nothing that couldn't be corrected by provide the right path or URL.  LOL

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 06/04/2005 6:25 PM Reply with quote
Citation
Katy
Citation
Posts 10748
Word Cnt. 424,312
BDay Jan 15
Sign Capricorn
usaCa.gif
Well I think it is me but I don't know what
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Katy Send private message  
PostPosted: 06/04/2005 7:08 PM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 8:21 AM
peace.gif
If you are using dial-up like I am, the upload may take quite a while, depending on the size of the song.  There are no messages saying that it is uploading while it is doing it, so you just have to be patient and wait.  You should probably open the Music upload up in a separate window so you can continue browsing while the song is uploading...

There is also a size limit on the song.  The song can't be any larger than 3 MB in size.  I don't know if the software is smart enough to look to see if the song is too large before it starts.  I would hope that you would get an error message telling you if the song is too large...

If neither of these conditions apply to what you are experiencing, let me know Katy.  You are the first non-Admin to attempt uploading songs so you are the guinea pig to see if there is a setting problem for non-Admin uploads.  Let me know if any of this helped...  

munky2
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
PostPosted: 06/05/2005 7:40 AM Reply with quote
Citation
Katy
Citation
Posts 10748
Word Cnt. 424,312
BDay Jan 15
Sign Capricorn
usaCa.gif
Thanks NR I'll try this again
PostPosted: 06/05/2005 8:21 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Local time: 6:21 AM
texasC.gif
Katy, there are two place where you point to the song to be uploaded, you only use one of them.

If you link to the song from somewhere else on the net, which isn't likely, you would use the slot that asks for a URL

You will probably be uploading from your HDD so use the the first slot and the browse button to find the song.  The path will look something like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Rosalie\MUSIC\Spiritual\thislittlelightofmine.mid

Hope that helps.

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> How To