alt : test.swf
Welcome to RCF - WHF
4fx3.gif 
Contact the Webmasters of RCFContact   Invite a friend to Join usRecommend   Chat in IRCChat   EZ Template Change OptionEZStyle   Listen to Internet Radio while you browse...iRadio   See your private message.Login for PMs   Important LinksLinks
Member Website LinksWeb Links   Play/View our GamesGames   Register.Register
calendar_open_closeCalendar 
Nulavatar issue
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support Add To Bookmarks
Nulavatar issue
PostPosted: 05/27/2009 11:30 PM Reply with quote
Hummingbird
Dryden
Hummingbird
Posts 2
Word Cnt. 268
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
Local time: 10:28 PM
blank.gif
Alright, I found a thread on here that was very helpful in installing nulavatar.
(I really hope this is the right place to put this... this is where the thread I was reading it it was)

But I have one issue that wasn't addressed in the thread. I have installed it and done everything that anyone has said to do... editing all the files and stuff.
However, when I click on it on my site it gives me this
"The Administrator still needs to configure NulAvatar.
Please come back soon!"
Thing.
I can't find what I need to do to configure it. I am the administrator but it isn't giving me an option to configure it anywhere that I can see. Is there something I am just missing or do I need to go edit more code. Did anyone else get this?

I hope I get a reply for this. -_-;
I never have luck with these help things!
Re: Nulavatar issue
PostPosted: 05/28/2009 9:20 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
Sex Sex:Female
Local time: 9:28 PM
texasC.gif
Hi Dryden!  Welcome to RCF in general and Area 51 in particular.

If Nightrider was available I can almost guarantee you would get the help you need.  However you sure picked the wrong time to have a problem. LOL  Nightrider is in the hospital having surgery and wont be back until Saturday.

I'm assuming you are talking about phBB2, yes?  A new help forum for that older version of phBB opened a few months ago and you might try them out.  

phpBB2 Refugees

Please post back and let us know if they were able to help.  Again Welcome and please visit often.

blob8
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 05/28/2009 11:16 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
K, talked to Nightrider by phone and mentioned your problem, Dryden.  I'm going to try to relay this best I can ... Nightrider said to check and see if there is an "Install" file in the MOD, if so you need to run it after installing the Nulavatar MOD.  Also he said there should be a Read Me file you might want to check out for instructions and possibility a DYI file to read.

Nightrider says he doesn't use the Nulavatar MOD so he isn't familiar with it but has it on his computer and will look at it when he gets home this weekend.  If you still need help please post again.

sunny
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by rb2d2 Send private message   Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
PostPosted: 05/28/2009 11:49 PM Reply with quote
Hummingbird
Dryden
Hummingbird
Posts 2
Word Cnt. 268
BDay N/A
Sign N/A
Local time: 10:28 PM
blank.gif
Thanks for the info. ^_^
I already did what you said however. It is installed and the site is recognizing it... but it keeps telling me to configure it. ^^;
Oh well.
oh yeah, and I was using phpbb2 (nulavatar doesn't work with 3, apparently. ^^; ) So I will check out the link you gave me. I appreciate the help. ^_^
PostPosted: 05/29/2009 12:15 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
rb2d2
Site Admin
Posts 49593
Word Cnt. 2,756,445
BDay Apr 22
Sign Taurus
texasC.gif
You are welcome.  Wish I could have been of more help.

Please post back and let us know if you've gotten the MOD to work correctly or not.

sunny
PostPosted: 05/30/2009 1:00 AM Reply with quote
Site Admin
Nightrider
Site Admin
Posts 30756
Word Cnt. 2,628,678
BDay Jul 28
Sign Leo
Sex Sex:Male
Local time: 11:28 PM
peace.gif
Welcome to RCF Dryden!!!   Applause

I just installed the NulAvatar MOD version 1.3.1 into one of my Test forums using EasyMod.  This is what you should see in your ACP once all the included files have been uploaded to their appropriate destination folders.  You should see a new section named NulMODS which includes a link to NulAvatar:

After clicking on the NulAvatar link on the left, you should see the following in the right ACP panel:

If the option does not exist, then you will need to upload the files included with the MOD to their appropriate destination folders.  The MOD script includes this section, which tells you where to move each file:

Code:
#
#-----[ COPY ]------------------------------------------
#
COPY nulavatar.php TO nulavatar.php
COPY admin/admin_nulavatar.php TO admin/admin_nulavatar.php
COPY images/movelayers_down.gif TO images/movelayers_down.gif
COPY images/movelayers_up.gif TO images/movelayers_up.gif
COPY images/nulavatar/*.* TO images/nulavatar/*.*
COPY templates/subSilver/nulavatar_body.tpl TO templates/subSilver/nulavatar_body.tpl
COPY templates/subSilver/admin/nulavatar_admin_body.tpl TO templates/subSilver/admin/nulavatar_admin_body.tpl
COPY nulavatar_install.php TO nulavatar_install.php

For example, the first line would copy the nulavatar.php file from the MOD's NulAvatar_130 folder to the root of your forum.  If you include phpBB2 in your forum path, then the nulavatar.php file will go into the phpBB2 folder.  The paths are based on the phpBB root folder.  If you used EM to install this, then it would move the files correctly for you.  If you installed this MOD manually, then you will have to move each of these files separately...

Once you have access to the NulAvatar page in your ACP, click on the Settings button.  You should see a page like this:

You will have to add some Layers before your members will be able to use this.  Once I added a Test Layer, I was able to see the following when I click on the new forum NulAvatar link:

Let me know if this helps.  I had a bit of trouble installing this MOD since the MOD author made some pretty basic mistakes...

Laughing
Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Welcome to RCF Dryden!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing
Laughing

headbang
View all pictures posted by this userView user's profile Find all posts by Nightrider Send private message   AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Phoogle Map ICQ Number
Information
Welcome to RCF - WHF Forum Index -> Area 51 - phpBB & Easymod Tech Support